EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I wonder....
New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 11-01-2002 06:38:38 AM
What the Next Expansion will be
What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Maradon!
posted 11-01-2002 07:35:07 AM
EQ2
Mod
Pancake
posted 11-01-2002 07:42:36 AM
Everquest: The Planes of Fun

20 Zones of different torture methods for whoever thought that Luclin-Timeskinks were a good idea.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 11-01-2002 08:18:31 AM
EQ : Alternate Advancement Insanity

"You thought there was a lot of AA before? Well now we have ensured no matter HOW many mobs you kill, you will NEVER reach any form of 'end' to the game! Not with 5,500 more AA points worth of skills added!

Tier
posted 11-01-2002 09:42:35 AM
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-01-2002 10:23:38 AM
Well...that's either a statement about The Kitchen Sink...or it's a comment about the Garbage Disposal...in either case, very fitting hehehe...

If they do another expansion for EQ 1, I'd be fairly surprised. Can't really add another continent...already done the Moon...tinkered with the planes...

They axed the whole "well we always intended for people to have to travel an hour to cross the continent" when they added the Luclin ports, and further cut down travel time by adding the Plane of Knowledge in PoP.

Epics for all classes? Check. Level cap raised? Check. AAXP out the wazooey? Check. Epic Epics? In the works (if not already implemented). Lots of god avatars to fight? Check.

Not much conceivably left, is there?

That's why I'm iffy about EQ2, as a matter of fact. It's still a medieval "sword and magic" setting. It's got a better class system, granted. And better graphics. And they altered the familiar settings a bit. And in theory you can have guild halls (still very dubious about that one) but really...how has anything changed, fundamentally?

It's not like they're pushing the envelope of the genre. It's not like there's the "capture the artifact" element of DAoC (which has its blessings and curses, far as my opinion stands). Graphics are better...but eh...EQ2 strikes me more as "EQ the way we meant it to be the first go around, but couldn't do it at the time due to technological and creative constraints".

I imagine you'll see a wave of people flood over to EQ like they did with AC. And AO. And DAoC. A lot of them will sluice back to EQ, though. It's a tried and true friend that still has a lot of life left. EQ2 will have to last until they shut down the EQ servers, which far as I can tell isn't planned for a good long time yet.

If they do release another expansion for EQ Prime, though, I would guess they'd follow the established pattern. Could possibly expect another race of some variety. That's the way it was before. EQ, Kunark (adding the Iksar, and a levelling locale add-on), Velious (levelling add on), Luclin (adding another race, the Vah Shir, and levelling locale add-on), PoP (levelling add on). So it'd have to be another race. Whoopee.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 11-01-2002 11:05:42 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Knight Rider:
If they do another expansion for EQ 1, I'd be fairly surprised. Can't really add another continent...already done the Moon...tinkered with the planes...

If they do release another expansion for EQ Prime, though, I would guess they'd follow the established pattern. Could possibly expect another race of some variety. That's the way it was before. EQ, Kunark (adding the Iksar, and a levelling locale add-on), Velious (levelling add on), Luclin (adding another race, the Vah Shir, and levelling locale add-on), PoP (levelling add on). So it'd have to be another race. Whoopee.

Aren't there globes that show another continent on Norrath? And they can allways add new planes. (Plane of Love, anyone?)

Or, they could take all the "dead" zonelines, and make an expansion that fills them in. I know there's two such zone lines in Stoneburnt, one in the Warrens, one in Shadeweaver, and one under the Lake of Ill Omen. I know there's more in other places as well.

As far as new races go, they've got some good options there too. Gnolls would be a good choice, but I would love to see Fae Drakes as a playable race too. ("Hit me again, candy ass!") They could be from the new continent, or from an add-on zone. Or, they could forget about a new race, and make a new class instead.

I think EQ prime is going to have at least one more expansion before it's done.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 11-01-2002 11:19:30 AM
It'll depend on where PoP ends. If the plane of time ends with the killing of veeshan, they will be hard pressed to take it much farther.
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Meridian
Pancake
posted 11-01-2002 11:20:16 AM
Rumor is that there will be ONE more expansion before EQ2 hits the shelves. I don't know anything more than that though.
Meridian Ascendant
Lacking a witty sig-phrase since 2001.
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 11-01-2002 12:08:53 PM
THey should fix all the starting zones to make them look like some non-ass substance.
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Skaw
posted 11-01-2002 01:43:47 PM
Yeah, they are missing quite a few Diety planes, and subdiety planes.

Rodcet is one that is missing. Luclin, Tarew.. a few more I can't think of, just woke up. Hehe.

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 11-01-2002 02:08:49 PM
Another expansion for EQ? I doubt it
Woody
Toast the Destroyer
posted 11-01-2002 02:11:43 PM
Well, being that SW:G is going to be released early next year (January 15, 2003)... does it really matter what EQ expansion is next?

**grins**

[ 11-01-2002: Message edited by: Woody ]

Woody Hearn - Cartoonist
GU Comics
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-01-2002 02:28:51 PM
All I gotta say is "Where the Fuck is Zebuxoruk?"
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Skaw
posted 11-01-2002 02:55:13 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when JooJooFlop wrote:

For one, he's not really a god. He's just some guy no one really likes, but doesn't really hate. He's just some guy who managed to escape the Plane of Justice.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-01-2002 04:22:07 PM
Yeah, but he's the 7-Up of gods. The Ungod. He has a whole secret city built in his honor. That's cool.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Emily
Why's everybody always hittin on me?
posted 11-01-2002 04:50:01 PM
Where IS the secret city in honor of Zebuxoruk, anyway?
Should've done something, but I've done it enough
By the way your hands were shaking
Rather waste some time with you

Should've said something, but I've said it enough
By the way my words were faded
Rather waste some time with you...

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 11-01-2002 05:00:08 PM
They're going to have one more expansion just as Savannah hits level 64, and it will raise the cap to 70 just so I can hear her whine about needing to level even MORE.

I joke! I kid!

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Emily
Why's everybody always hittin on me?
posted 11-01-2002 05:01:13 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Comrade Snoota was all like:
They're going to have one more expansion just as Savannah hits level 64, and it will raise the cap to 70 just so I can hear her whine about needing to level even MORE.

I joke! I kid!

That wasn't even funny. lol...I was sooo sad!! PoP was released on like the SAME day I got 59...

Should've done something, but I've done it enough
By the way your hands were shaking
Rather waste some time with you

Should've said something, but I've said it enough
By the way my words were faded
Rather waste some time with you...

Mod
Pancake
posted 11-01-2002 05:06:05 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about pies:

This will be revealed as people solve one of the subplots in PoP. As far as I've gotten, he's been captured and I'm supposed to go to plane of x and y for leads.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: