EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: ... *sigh* Ok. Here we go.
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 10-22-2002 10:48:04 AM
Alright.

I have a level 42 warrior on quellious who I cannot level for the life of me.

I have a level 12 druid on Torv to eventually play with the RPCrest people.

Would anyone be interested in grouping, or anything? Otherwise, it's going to be friggin -forever- til I can be planar with my druid, and I don't know if I have anyone to play with using my warrior.

I'm all confused.

But anyhow. Either "I will group with you" or "this is a good place to hunt at "x" level" would be appreciated.

Tier
posted 10-22-2002 10:52:53 AM
I will group?
12 pally.
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 10-22-2002 10:53:57 AM
Ok. What do you think about Najena?
Beta is in school
Pancake
posted 10-22-2002 11:24:21 AM
DL is a good place for the Warrior.
For the druid, eh, usual places. WC, WK, or like misty thicket maybe...
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 10-22-2002 12:09:52 PM
quote:
Gikkwiny had this to say about dark elf butts:
Ok. What do you think about Najena?

I think she's a babe, but her taste in shoes has gone downhill.

Seriously, I suggest you play around in Blackburrow for a bit, then move on to bandits in the Karanas. Or, if you have Luclin, get to the Shadeweaver side of Paludal Caverns, and start bug hunting.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Woody
Toast the Destroyer
posted 10-22-2002 01:10:11 PM
I've soloed my Warrior from mid 30's to 48 in OT. Find a nicer spot off to the right of the ledge near the corner (cause goons don't wander to that side), pull to the zone wall.

People pick on me for being out there... but hey... they are blue cons and I can take them from half. So my only downtime is in bandaging.

These days everything is going light blue but... **shrugs** I haven't researched a new spot to fight in yet.

Woody Hearn - Cartoonist
GU Comics
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 10-22-2002 01:15:58 PM
Ok.. dangers of luclin?

And I keep accidently group pulling the bandits.. I -want- to hunt them, because I can also quest (I love haveing wonderful faction in Qeynos), but... tips for pulling them?

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 10-22-2002 01:52:37 PM
quote:
Gikkwiny's fortune cookie read:
Ok.. dangers of luclin?

In Paludal:

As you exit Shadowhaven, you will walk right into a bandit camp. Following that, you will go past various types of Fungal Fiends. All will agro, but all can be bypassed by Camo/Invis. I believe you can cast Camo in Nexus, then just make a run for it.

It's also easy to get lost in Paludal. Best bet is to have someone show you the way, or scout the path with a disposable Rogue (wood elf or halfling work well). Basically, stick to the right wall, taking every turn. This will lead you into one small dead end, but besides that, it's the shortest route to Shadeweaver's thicket (which leads to Shar Vahl).

The bugs in the upper levels of Paludal are not agro, but they will assist each other if attacked. Just look around, and you will find some you can pick on fairly safely. When the bugs become too light colored, start in on the mid area's fungal fiends, they are easier than the ones at lower levels.

Your main risks are getting lost, having your invis drop on the way there (and getting killed), and your computer not liking the Luclin zones.

Paludal counts as an underground "newbie" dungeon, so it gets all the nice EXP boosters.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
/dev/null
Pancake
posted 10-22-2002 02:08:37 PM
I'd offer to group with your warrior, but you're over on Quellious and I'm over on Bristle...

OT is good for a bit longer.... DL is starting to be an option for you... You could do some of the stuff in Dawnshroud...

Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 10-22-2002 03:47:42 PM
Make a necro and solo to 65
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-22-2002 03:51:47 PM
Once you're done with the Paludal Caverns start on the Netherbian Lair. After that, Marus Seru.

BTW, Marus Seru is like the Serta of EQ zones. Very comfy, warm and sleep-enducing.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Tareshinal
Pancake
posted 10-22-2002 06:07:11 PM
bah get lvl 14 go to Paludal Caverns get a tank to group with you, fight fungal fiends,
Mod
Pancake
posted 10-22-2002 06:27:13 PM
Paludal has fast respawn and godly zem, stay there as long as you can. For your warrior, team up with a shaman and go lay waste to Sol B or Guk. May want to invest in good damage weapons first though.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: