EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: A game: These threads are dumb like shit!
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 09-12-2002 10:29:08 AM
keke ^_______^
hey
Len the Studious
Pancake
posted 09-12-2002 10:32:45 AM
AD HOMINEM BAN HIM
merei
Pancake
posted 09-12-2002 11:08:51 AM
No, no, no...

See, for it to be an Ad Hominem attack, it would have to be completely off topic. Like if I were to respond to this thread by saying

"So's yer MOM!"

That would be ad hominem. As His Mom is in no way connected to the thread, and the attack would have been out of nowhere.

And I'm sure his mom is a nice, smart lady, who doesn't deserve to be attacked.

(Edit: one of these days, I'll learn to look and see who's logged in before posting.. Tal)

[ 09-12-2002: Message edited by: merei ]

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 09-12-2002 11:12:09 AM
Speaking of Giantt's Mom, she's a real screamer. I'm talking, like a BANSHEE!

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Len the Studious
Pancake
posted 09-12-2002 11:15:38 AM
quote:
Verily, merei doth proclaim:
No, no, no...

See, for it to be an Ad Hominem attack, it would have to be completely off topic. Like if I were to respond to this thread by saying

"So's yer MOM!"

That would be ad hominem. As His Mom is in no way connected to the thread, and the attack would have been out of nowhere.

And I'm sure his mom is a nice, smart lady, who doesn't deserve to be attacked.

(Edit: one of these days, I'll learn to look and see who's logged in before posting.. Tal)

STOP YOUR BLATANT AD HOMINEMING YOU LOSER JERK
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-12-2002 04:08:10 PM
Ad Hominem attacks are such if they fit the following criteria:

An attack on a person, instead his argument. I.E.: "You're an idiot because you like plastic bags."

THAT IS IT.

Calling someone a retarded goatfucker is just being mean and insulting; it is not an ad hominem attack.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 09-12-2002 04:09:28 PM
Can we stop saying, "Ad Hominem" and just say "Personal" in it's place? Rrriight? Ok? Ya? Thanks.

[ 09-12-2002: Message edited by: Black Mage ]

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-12-2002 04:11:28 PM
quote:
Black Mage wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Can we stop saying, "Ad Hominem" and just say "Personal" in it's place? Rrriight? Ok? Ya? Thanks.

No. They're different things.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 09-12-2002 04:11:50 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Black Mage said:

Especially since half the people didn't know what it meant until Drysart Taran posted it and everyone went to look it up.

EDIT: UBB pwned me so bad I feel like the goat.se guy.

[ 09-12-2002: Message edited by: Comrade Snoota ]

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 09-12-2002 04:25:10 PM
I keep reading it as Ad Homienim. Cuz if you wanna fight mah homiez, yous wanna fight with me.

... That hurt less to say than I thought it would.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 09-12-2002 04:26:00 PM
Reference, because I don't wanna copy all that text.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Lashanna
noob
posted 09-12-2002 04:35:22 PM
A week of 1st Year Latin will teach you what it is also,

Ad HomieNem is what I thought when I saw what Soldar had said...

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: