EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: If your worst enemy...
Alleria Qui'farush
Chica!
posted 09-09-2002 06:11:49 PM
Saved your life, how would you treat them for the rest of the life that you have?

I thought this would be an interesting topic to share.

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 09-09-2002 06:13:35 PM
I would punch them and run away.
Suddar
posted 09-09-2002 06:15:49 PM
i'd do a lot of thinking. about why we're enemies anyway, if one's willing to save another at possible risk to their own life.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 09-09-2002 06:17:06 PM
Why would your worst enemy save your life?

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 09-09-2002 06:30:42 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael obviously shouldn't have said:

Seriously, unless they had some ulterior motives, they should be glad to let you die.

So, I'd have to say my treatment of them would remain the same.

There was a signature here... it's gone now.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-09-2002 06:32:13 PM
Exactly.

If someone hated me with a passion, I doubt they would lift a finger to help me.

Now if it's just someone that dislikes me, I could see that. But my worst enemy I couldn't see saving my life for anything.

More likely to dance the Macarena on my grave.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 09-09-2002 06:34:32 PM
I would save my worst enemy.

I would not be able to stand by and watch anybody die without trying to help them somehow.

If my worst enemy saved me, I'd thank them, but chances are I still wouldn't like them.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-09-2002 06:37:07 PM
Well yeah *I* would save my worst enemy, too, cuz I'm a cream puff inside. Couldn't stand by and watch a life be snuffed out if there was something I could do.

But the question was if your worst enemy saved *your* life. I doubt someone that honestly hated my guts enough to be my worst enemy would save my life.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 09-09-2002 06:39:08 PM
Your worst enemy SHOULD save your life, because your worst enemy ALWAYS wants to kill you himself, and if you are dying by some other means, it is his duty as a Worst Enemy to save you in order to fight you fairly one on one at a later time to eventually lose anyways
Jania Arindelil
Is really cute and cuddly... just needs a hug
posted 09-09-2002 06:41:11 PM
And just who says a Worst Enemy always has to lose, hmmm?

Jania Arindelil
Dragon Guardian, Grandmaster Archer
Very Cranky Person
"I'll torture you so slowly, you'll think it's a career." - Darwin Mayflower
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 09-09-2002 06:45:42 PM
By that logic both must lose, because you are each others worst enemy. Or you become friends and both RPG storyline action ensues
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-09-2002 06:46:51 PM
But one is the Good Guy. The Good Guy always triumphs

Steven Steve
posted 09-09-2002 06:47:26 PM
quote:
Tegadil had this to say about Cuba:
I would punch them and run away.

hehe damnit

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 09-09-2002 07:02:53 PM
i would wonder what their ulterior motives were. I'd ask em why they did it, but still wouldnt be their friend.
Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 09-09-2002 07:03:46 PM
If they were cute, I'd sleep wif them and then we could go back to ignoring each other!
Ferrel!
Vorago
posted 09-09-2002 07:22:38 PM
quote:
Jania wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
And just who says a Worst Enemy always has to lose, hmmm?

It is just a rule

Vorago
posted 09-09-2002 07:23:51 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Elvish Crack Piper wrote:
By that logic both must lose, because you are each others worst enemy. Or you become friends and both RPG storyline action ensues

Nope, because one is obviously good, as he will have a name like 'Lance' and will be currently employeed stopping his Worst Enemy, or the person his Worst Enemy works for

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 09-09-2002 07:27:26 PM
quote:
Ferrel probably says this to all the girls:
If they were cute, I'd sleep wif them and then we could go back to ignoring each other!

Unless your worst enemy is your sister, in which case that's just icky.

I dunno. I have a problem. I have too many worst enemies. I have Jania, who I share an ongoing rivalry and mutual dislike of, but past childhood she's never actually tried to kill me, and I've politely let her remain humanoid. Soooooo...if she saved me, or I saved her, chances are we'd just end up going back to the usual after a while.

On the other hand someone like Corrozhen tries to save me, I'm not stupid. He pulls me up off the edge of a cliff, I'm going to turn right around and try to toss him off it. Any shmuck can get into wizarding school; only the dirty-fighting pragmatists graduate.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 09-09-2002 07:39:08 PM
I don't normally make enemies, but in the case that I do...

I'd probably just say, "Thanks." and shrug it off. I do that with a lot of things.

Caanis Lupus
Rub me?
posted 09-09-2002 07:47:10 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Alleria Qui'farush wrote:
Saved your life, how would you treat them for the rest of the life that you have?

I thought this would be an interesting topic to share.

Depends on what the deal was...

I mean they take a bullet for me? Tell me about the poison in my food or about the bomb in my truck... Or just call and tell me not to go over to that lady's house, her husband is home... Give me an organ transplant... I mean kinda depends on what the situation is. I would not expect the few enemies I have to piss on my back if I was on fire much less save my life.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 09-09-2002 07:55:09 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about dark elf butts:
Well yeah *I* would save my worst enemy, too, cuz I'm a cream puff inside. Couldn't stand by and watch a life be snuffed out if there was something I could do.

But the question was if your worst enemy saved *your* life. I doubt someone that honestly hated my guts enough to be my worst enemy would save my life.

Couldn't the same be said of your worst enemy though?

I mean who's to say your worst enemy isn't just a cream puff inside and unable to stand by and watch anyone die. I mean if it's good enough for you, wouldn't is sufice to say it's possible that it's good enough for them as well..

Sorry the two statements in the same post made no sense to me when read back to back.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 09-09-2002 08:00:03 PM
For the record, I concider no one an enemy. And if I have any enemies, I am not aware of them and do not know how I would react.

However respect earns respect and if my life was save regardless of the individual, and for whatever reason... I'd probably, knowing me, forgive differences and try and move on.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 09-09-2002 08:01:49 PM
Fighting Dirty > Fighting Fair
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 09-09-2002 08:11:24 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael probably says this to all the girls:
Fighting Dirty > Fighting Fair

Bastard! And I was so close to my diploma.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 09-09-2002 08:12:42 PM
"Don't expect me to do the same for you! Mailman!!!"
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-09-2002 08:15:45 PM
Given that saving my life would probably put them in a vulnerable position, I'd shoot them in the back of the face.

That's right. Back of the face.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 09-09-2002 08:29:58 PM
It would depend on WHY they're my worst enemy, and why they saved me.
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 09-09-2002 09:13:08 PM
quote:
Vorago had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Your worst enemy SHOULD save your life, because your worst enemy ALWAYS wants to kill you himself, and if you are dying by some other means, it is his duty as a Worst Enemy to save you in order to fight you fairly one on one at a later time to eventually lose anyways.

Exactly right, Chthon has only saved me when its not him that has put my life in jeapordy, see, he doesn't like the competition.

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Chthon Ebonshadow
Pancake
posted 09-09-2002 09:17:07 PM
You've been a real disappointment, you realize that? As my template, you should not be so stupid as to let any enemy get you at a point where he has you at a disadvantage, much less threaten your pitiful existance. Honestly, though it turns my stomach, I'm not about to let some half-baked wannabe villain try and take you out, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" be damned.
Imprison your rage
And it is sure to break free
And poison your soul

You try to forget
Like sharp stabbing pains
The memory lives

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 09-10-2002 12:18:24 AM
I would save my worst enemy. If I wanted to defeat/kill them and I couldn't, I would be kinda pissed.

Like when I free sparr at tournaments, I want to win by points, NOT time. Victories by time are just....eh.

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 09-10-2002 01:27:45 AM
With so many enemies, Cthon, Azrael is going to find himself at a disadvantage quite often. Being some sort of pinnacle of light does that to people sometimes.

Speaking of "half-baked villain wannabes," why haven't you taken him out yet? I see you fighting alongside him more often than anything else (Speaking of which, I need to continue that SL, don't I?). I can see wanting him for yourself, but I've never even seen you fight him.

Ryuujin
posted 09-10-2002 02:44:31 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Optimus Prime:
But one is the Good Guy. The Good Guy always triumphs

Oh you poor deluded girl...

sarcasm r gud.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-10-2002 02:59:04 AM
Fighting fair is GOING to get your ass kicked.

However, to the original question, I don't really know. I do not have a true enemy.

merei
Pancake
posted 09-10-2002 05:10:01 AM
If I had a worst Enemy.. they most likely have done something to earn such an exalted spot.

Therefore, I would say thank you, and offer to shake hands, make peace...

Then shoot him in the face, twice. Cause you KNOW one bullet can go right thru without killing.. but the odds of death are much greater with two bullets that death will happen.

If I dont have a gun, I will simply wait for them to turn away, and grab the nearest blunt object, and proceed to beat them til they fall down, then beat them some more, until they roll onto thier stomach to escape my wrath. THEN, While they lay prone, with thier spine exposed, I would stomp on said exposed spine, until it stops going "KRUNCH" and starts making a slightly mushy "WHooff" sound. Once I know the spine has been crushed beyond repair, I would call 911, thus saving his life in return, and making everything even.

(You know.. it would have made much more sense to post under my own account. Being as my wife is much, much meaner than I. **TAL!@**)

[ 09-10-2002: Message edited by: merei ]

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 09-10-2002 11:59:13 AM
Eh, I've been building up to where we've been fighting almost constantly, because otherwise the mix of characters, backgrounds, and personalities would be overwhelming. As for three threads more "in the present", in which we've duked it out, albeit briefly, there's the Golden Keg Storyline, the Into the Darkness Storyline, and Facets, which is the story explaining how we became separate this time.

When I get to it, you'll realize how seriously it really is. A bit of a spoiler, but Chthon follows me around constantly, being sure to wipe out friends and colleagues along the way, ie burning down the inn where I stayed at one night in anger at missing me, roasting the innkeeper and his family alive along with the few guests. That, and we duel more often than Parce posts something funny.

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
omfg i sux0rs
Pancake
posted 09-10-2002 02:10:01 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Tron:

I saved my worst enemies life then we where at 6th grade camp, she slips and almost feel of a cliff and a caught her before she fell over..... did she thank me, of course... was she still my worst enemy and always mean to me?
YES!!!!

Edit: Little spoiled bitch

[ 09-10-2002: Message edited by: Dark_Nemesis ]

just think about how much i suck in REAL LIFE!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: