EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What to upgrade? Hlep.
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 09-09-2002 04:12:37 AM
Okay, so I've completely ran out of ideas. Bought all the things I planned on, still have a good chunk of money left, plus whatever I can scrounge if I resell my CoCW.

Znup

Ideas? Please?

[ 09-09-2002: Message edited by: Zaza ]

Oh shi...
what
posted 09-09-2002 04:20:03 AM
Ryuujin
posted 09-09-2002 04:21:07 AM
Froglok Scale Chestplate I think my be an upgrade worth considering.

LORE ITEM MAGIC ITEM
AC: +24 Wis: +5 Int: +5 Cha: +3

Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 09-09-2002 04:24:24 AM
Ditch your ranged, put your primary in your ranged and get your epic :P
Ferrel!
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 09-09-2002 04:28:41 AM
Well yes, I'm working on that Ferrel.

Only reason I kept my idol in prim is that I had nothing better, but just found a Dark Ember in my mule's bank.

But buyable stuff?

[ 09-09-2002: Message edited by: Zaza ]

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 09-09-2002 04:30:55 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Grand Luggage Ryuujin!!
Froglok Scale Chestplate I think my be an upgrade worth considering.

LORE ITEM MAGIC ITEM
AC: +24 Wis: +5 Int: +5 Cha: +3

Gain in AC, but loss in mana. I don't reall y get hit much.

Ryuujin
posted 09-09-2002 04:43:48 AM
Shrugs

I just know my 60 cleric friend uses it over anything else.

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 09-09-2002 04:45:46 AM
Link up there broken, blah.

Use picture link in sig.

Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 09-09-2002 04:50:25 AM
You need to hit 200 wisdom before you go for mana. Still bigger gains that way.
Ferrel!
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 09-09-2002 04:58:34 AM
/nod Ferrel.

But I can't really think of any worthwhile wisdom items. It's not worth trading mana AND hp for a few wis.

Might just get an othmir cap or something on my head for it to hit 200. :/

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 09-09-2002 05:25:02 AM
Could try for an Emerald Dragonscale Breastplate(22AC, 10 charisma/disease/magic, and 20 wisdom). They sell for 7-10K on my server now days, since Woushi is dead within ten minutes from Manaburners.

Orb of the Infinite Void(35AC, 5 wisdom/intelligence, 75 mana/hit points) sells for around 25Kish on my server.. could pick up one of those with money from a Cloak of the Crystaline Waters, too.

If you're on Giant faction and don't mind spending a few hours killing WW Dragons(I know that group you posted a week or so ago from EC could pwn them. Though the Cleric leveling a little for Marzin would be a big plus), Peerless Dragonhorn Bracers drop off the baby dragons.(14AC, 7 charisma, and 11 wisdom. They're tradeable, but I have no idea how much they cost on even my own server, so I'd hate to give a guess.) Everyone in the group would at least be pretty much guaranteed a NoS style necklace, even if no bracer or anything dropped.

And get 56 for the Hammer of Judgement. That thing pwns if you have no epic.(And even if you do. I take the stat hit just to have something else to do in exp groups besides sitting on my ass. Heh.)

(Oh, wait. Snoota was just helpful. The world is in danger of ending. I must do something to balance this... FUCK YOU ZAZA. YOU RPCREST FAG.)

And I don't know how much help it would be, but This was my Cleric's set up before I quit him and stripped him of his tradeable stuff.

[ 09-09-2002: Message edited by: Comrade Snoota ]

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 09-09-2002 05:44:08 AM
All those are good ideas. Thanks Snoots.

Thinking 'bout a Hiero Cloak, too.

Mod
Pancake
posted 09-09-2002 07:30:20 AM
If you have the money to spend you could get some kael / ss armor multiquests. IIRC SS has better stats, while the faction is a bitch, zek faction can be gained fairly easily in WW but the armor is a tad worse.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 09-09-2002 07:43:36 AM
Kael quest armor has higher AC while Skyshrine has better stats.
You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 09-09-2002 12:40:55 PM
How about some food/drink with stats?
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Lalian Viajante
Pancake
posted 09-09-2002 02:24:43 PM
I'd work on Vellious armor... It really just cannot be beat. I'd also work on levelling up. Once you get to 55, you can probably go to the Halls of Testing in ToV if you have good dragon faction. I would not waste my time with Icedorf armor unless you can get a BP or Legs. The rest is crap.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: