EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Anyone old enough to drink?
Peter
Pancake
posted 08-14-2002 10:29:48 PM
Find it odd to drink in frount of your folks?
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 08-14-2002 10:31:25 PM
My dad and I always used to drink a few beers while watching football, even back when i was 16. So no.

[ 08-14-2002: Message edited by: Blind Swordsman ]

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 08-14-2002 10:39:00 PM
First question: Yes.

Second question: No.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-14-2002 10:49:41 PM
I'm old enough, but I find no pleasure in loss of judgement and coordination, and alcohol tastes sour.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 08-14-2002 11:01:25 PM
Sugar > alcohol
Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 08-15-2002 01:01:04 AM
quote:
SuchiiMarine!'s fortune cookie read:
Sugar > alcohol
Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Alleria Qui'farush
Chica!
posted 08-15-2002 01:08:51 AM
Non-alcoholic beverages > Alcohol

So that includes sugarish drinks.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 08-15-2002 01:43:07 AM
SODA FOR LIFEINSTUFF
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Lalian Viajante
Pancake
posted 08-15-2002 02:05:12 AM
I am old enough to drink, but I have to agree with Ford and Alleria.
Maradon!
posted 08-15-2002 02:06:11 AM
You are all weak.

b33r 4 li3f

Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 08-15-2002 02:10:36 AM
My parents find it odd if I attempt to drink infront of them...then again I am under age.
I don't discriminate...I hate everyone.
Archer-Penguin
Pancake
posted 08-15-2002 02:12:45 AM
I have never had alchohol

[center]
Ta-Daa![/center]
Maradon!
posted 08-15-2002 02:14:17 AM
quote:
Archer-Janet's fortune cookie read:

There's a time and a place for everything, and it's college.

Archer-Penguin
Pancake
posted 08-15-2002 02:16:38 AM
I don't think I would like the taste of anything alchoholic

[center]
Ta-Daa![/center]
Addy
posted 08-15-2002 02:17:36 AM
quote:
Archer-Janet had this to say about dark elf butts:
Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 08-15-2002 02:18:32 AM
Had a beer with folks in Germany.
I can't legally drink, and wouldn't get drunk infront of my folks. (duh) but some drinks...
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Mr. Duck
Likes to ____!
posted 08-15-2002 02:20:43 AM
I only drink on special occasions. Even then, I don't drink much
Maradon!
posted 08-15-2002 02:22:00 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Archer-Janet said this:
I don't think I would like the taste of anything alchoholic

Kids generally don't. I didn't when I was a kid, but it's a unique taste that you grow into.

I hadn't tasted beer since I was six years old, but as I hit my mid-teens I started craving it at odd times. Particularly at night.

I used to be a HUGE nut for straight Vodka, but one time I got extremely sick and drunk off it and I haven't been able to stomach it since.

[ 08-15-2002: Message edited by: Maradön² ]

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 08-15-2002 02:26:10 AM
First alcoholic beverage I had, was strawberry daquiri, when my parents took me out to eat.

My first though was, 'Uuugh! Way to ruin a perfectly good virgin daquiri!'

I hate the taste of alcohol. Only drinks with little alcohol taste appeal to me. Like amaretto sours.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Maradon!
posted 08-15-2002 02:28:01 AM
quote:
Zephyer thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
I hate the taste of alcohol. Only drinks with little alcohol taste appeal to me. Like amaretto sours.

Blender drinks are usually shit. They're only really popular among people who are already fans of hard stuff and want some variety.

Try a long island iced tea some time.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 08-15-2002 02:34:55 AM
quote:
Maradön² enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Try a long island iced tea some time.

That's what I've been told. I think I will sometime.

...I do so love virgin daquiris, though!

I'm a strawberry freak.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
ZaÂ’afiel
Coolest Hamster Pimp Ever!
posted 08-15-2002 03:05:22 AM
i like rootbeer
"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-15-2002 11:05:10 AM
If and when I drink (now. may change in 5 days when im 21) I drink a bottle or two max of my beverage of choice. I don't want to get drunk either, I drink when I am around friends and such. Just because ya drink doesnt mean ya will get drunk.

And AJ (Ooh. Ill call Archer-Janet AJ now. yes.) and others that haven't tasted alcohol...Some is good, some bad. When you are old enough / allowed by parents to drink you may want to try some of the lighter stuff, or wine coolers. Heck, I have never liked the taste of beer much myself (but am told a quality beer is quite tasty).

It really boils all down to specific tastes. And even then, there is nothing saying thaty ou are required to drink. You dont ever have to if ya dont wanna

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 08-15-2002 11:11:57 AM
Beer r gud
hey
Moffles
Pancake
posted 08-15-2002 11:18:13 AM
You are all weak. Like Maradon said.

I'm underage, but it's way more fun that way, because it's like "I'm so bad." Of course, then you stumble in, wasted, at 3 AM, thinking "My mom's never gonna find me." So you stagger up the stairs loudly into your bedroom, then you get into a shitload of trouble with your mom, but you don't really know that because your horribly, horribly wasted. Happens every time.

I also drink wine all the time, and my parents approve of that.

"Got some dark desire? Love to play with fire? Why not let it rip? Live a little bit!"
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 08-15-2002 11:22:41 AM
quote:
Pike had this to say about Captain Planet:
Find it odd to drink in frount of your folks?

Nope! *ehem* guess having a grandad that would let you have beer when you were 4...

And having parents who would let you try something out, to learn the consiquences...
"Ok dear, you want a glass of wine..."

>.< mmmf

Alleria Qui'farush
Chica!
posted 08-15-2002 11:31:58 AM
Beer tastes nasty. It smells like shit, and it tastes like shit. (Don't get into that "And how would you know?" business. ) I've always preferred virgin strawberry daquaries over regular ones. But I do like wine... White or red, not blush.

How could you like alcoholic drinks anyways? (I know I just admitted a couple that I like) They're depressants! Depressants are evil.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 08-15-2002 11:44:35 AM
Beer is yummy. So is Mike's. I drink Wine at important meals. White plz.
Moffles
Pancake
posted 08-15-2002 11:55:17 AM
quote:
Alleria Qui'farush ended a subtly beautiful yet ultimately shitty monologue with this:

How could you like alcoholic drinks anyways? (I know I just admitted a couple that I like) They're depressants! Depressants are evil.

No they're not! God, shut up you freak! I HATE IT ALL! (/cry)AAGH! ANGST! ANGST! *Drinks more beer*
...I have to go to the bathr-- *Barfs and passes out*

"Got some dark desire? Love to play with fire? Why not let it rip? Live a little bit!"
Alleria Qui'farush
Chica!
posted 08-15-2002 12:01:22 PM
Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that you feel like shit if you drink too much.
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 08-15-2002 12:17:26 PM
quote:
Alleria Qui'farush's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Beer tastes nasty. It smells like shit, and it tastes like shit. (Don't get into that "And how would you know?" business. ) I've always preferred virgin strawberry daquaries over regular ones. But I do like wine... White or red, not blush.

It tastes good.

hey
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 08-15-2002 02:23:40 PM
Not at all, in fact, my dad is often the one who introduces new drinks to me, when he finds one he likes. And for those of you who are snickering behind my back, he's more of a conniseur than an alcoholic, he knows a lot about fine wines and stuff, he just likes to be an authority on liquor.

And also, as a comment to the thread title, you have to be 21 to BUY alcohol, yes, but you don't have to be to drink it

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Cap'n Elethi
I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt...
posted 08-15-2002 02:37:48 PM
I'm not nearly old enough to buy alcohol, and I think it would be weird as hell to drink with my parents. I drink with my friends. My parents are my gaurdians. I don't think it would work for me.

Alcohol isn't for everyone. If you don't like it, that's great, but it doesn't mean other people can't like it either. Too add to that, beer is an aquired taste. You have to drink a fair amount regularly to like it (for most people I know anyways). If you drink a quality beer every night with dinner for a month, you probably end up liking them. Or you won't, and you'll have just wasted 30 beers.

Also, I'd have to say, 90% of the time, I drink to get drunk, so take my words with a grain of salt.

[ 08-15-2002: Message edited by: Cap'n Elethi ]

Elethi Rian, A Man Of Many Talents
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 08-15-2002 03:32:53 PM
I'm well old enough to drink, but I don't often. I grew up watching my dad pound down a quart or so of scotch every night. *gags*

I do occasionally enjoy a shot or two of good tequila though. :>

As for drinking around the family, it's no big deal to have a couple during the holidays. *shrug* First thing I get asked when I come in the house is what I want. I screwed up a few times when I was younger (19-20ish), and got blithering drunk at Christmas. Family stress is fun, really.

I've reformed since... really!

[ 08-15-2002: Message edited by: Xyrra ]

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 08-15-2002 03:42:08 PM
Coffee>Other Beverages, like Soda, Orange Juice, Milk, Water, etc>Alcohol

Cthulhu

MadCat the 2nd
Pancake
posted 08-15-2002 03:49:22 PM
Drinking in front of my parents... haven't got a problem with that. Heck, my mom's the one that brings back the Guinness when she finds some since she knows I like it

*opens one* ahh.. Guinness.. the one true drink.

"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head."

ben(at)netmastering(dot)nl

Peter
Pancake
posted 08-15-2002 03:54:51 PM
quote:
Azrael Heavenblade's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
....And also, as a comment to the thread title, you have to be 21 to BUY alcohol, yes, but you don't have to be to drink it

Actully I think You can't drink underage. Cigs it's the Can't buy but can smoke ,but for booze you have to old enough to drink it.

Also I just feel odd to drink around my folks because I drink lot more than them. I am a big guy and I can take alot more.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 08-15-2002 04:19:32 PM
quote:
Giantt said this about your mom:
It tastes good.

!YAES!

Beer is the only drink that I can pace myself with, because I like the taste (dying to try some good Irish stout or German lager) but can't drink it all that much at once.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 08-15-2002 04:20:46 PM
While I am underage, I have tasted alcohol. I dislike the taste. However my grandparents always try to get me to drink a little.

Cthulhu

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 08-15-2002 04:30:22 PM
Hell we have BarBQ and Margarita night at my moms on occasion. I'm usually bringing Sky Blue's or Ricks with me when we are all hanging out. So no, don't think it's a problem.

I rarely drink though to begin with, so get togethers and events are about all there is anyway.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: