EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: WC3 game I just played
Oh shi...
what
posted 08-09-2002 08:02:31 PM
http://home.cogeco.ca/~jpaccione/BlizzardVsWaterElemental.w3g

It would have been an even fight if I hadn't owned him while creeping...though the 2 items I picked up would have one sided if I even used them

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 08-09-2002 08:12:16 PM
Eh, it was okay, but it wasn't all that.
hey
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 08-09-2002 09:25:02 PM
That guy was quite the newbie.
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 08-09-2002 10:34:54 PM
quote:
Reynar's account was hax0red to write:
That guy was quite the newbie.

I just go ahead and assume you're talking about Deli.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Oh shi...
what
posted 08-09-2002 10:36:43 PM
Yes, I suck
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 08-09-2002 10:38:08 PM
quote:
Inferno_Spirit impressed everyone with:
I just go ahead and assume you're talking about Deli.

Im more amazed that on such a small map, it went around 10 minutes before anyone attacked the other, and when it happened it was almost incidental =)

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Oh shi...
what
posted 08-09-2002 10:38:55 PM
Not my fault he left so much creeps to kill
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 08-09-2002 10:53:21 PM
He started pulling it together right at the end, with the Blizzard centered on all your Priests. But as the saying goes, too little, too late.

[EDIT] And as long I'm posting, here are some questions for you

What was the reasoning behind waiting so long to build a Blacksmith and a Lumber Mill?

And similarly, why did you completely ignore the Workshop and Gryph Aviary? If he used air power, what would you have done to defend yourself before you could take countermeasures?

Did you really need the third expansion?

[ 08-09-2002: Message edited by: Sentow ]

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Oh shi...
what
posted 08-09-2002 11:03:19 PM
I was tech-ing up to master priests so I needed the cash and lumber first. I just forgot about upgrading priests until I realized my units were weak

Also, I had the cash so if I wanted two workshops, I could have made them both in about 14 seconds. The water elementals could take down a couple units of air if he had any while I started building gyros.

Gryphs sucks

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 08-09-2002 11:07:09 PM
Well, Gryphs are obviously a bad choice for a base assault. Piercing attacks and Heavy armour against fortified guard towers, well, that's just a recipe for pain, bebe.

But I thought Gryphs were terrific for hammering ground units... am I wrong?

[EDIT] Punctuation. It just ain't funny.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
nem-x
posted 08-09-2002 11:08:31 PM
Oh shi...
what
posted 08-09-2002 11:09:44 PM
I'd rather have a Knight than a Gryph. If he is going mass air, just get about 5 gyros and 3 rifle man. Your water elementals alone will take out enough let alone the rifle man and gryos ripping the shit out anything he throws.
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 08-09-2002 11:14:41 PM
Hmmmm, interesting... but, one more question, please!

I gave up on using the Paladin as a starting Hero quite a while ago. But is it worth summoning one as a second Hero?

Oh shi...
what
posted 08-09-2002 11:18:12 PM
Arch Mage is better than the Mountain King and Paladin. Mountain King is better than the Paladin.

If I am fighting Orc, I will go mountain King first with paladin as second hero, otherwise I will go Arch Mage first and MK second. You need the ability to stun a unit so mountain King is always one of your two heroes

Oh shi...
what
posted 08-09-2002 11:19:27 PM
this is a test
Oh shi...
what
posted 08-09-2002 11:21:01 PM
So is this
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 08-09-2002 11:21:15 PM
Alright then. Knowledge is power, and I'm, well, a Peasant. But I'm off to play!

[EDIT] Well, um, there's some knowledge that I'm worse for having.
"That's a damn fine eyeball, baby."

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 08-10-2002 01:14:02 AM
AggghararaenionGNOINIONallal! Somebody remind me why I keep playing this game.
Vorago In California
Pancake
posted 08-10-2002 01:42:52 AM
quote:
Sentow had this to say about Pirotess:
AggghararaenionGNOINIONallal! Somebody remind me why I keep playing this game.

Because someday you shall hopefully be able to snatch the pebble from my hand

Never fear, I shall return! This is only for a week!
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 08-10-2002 01:48:09 AM
quote:
Vorago In California thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Because someday you shall hopefully be able to snatch the pebble from my hand

That's it. I'm dead.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: