EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Cthulhu's True Power! D&D STYLE!
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 08-07-2002 12:30:10 PM
Cthulhu

Colassal Great Old One (Demigod) (Water)

Domains: Evil, Death, Destruction, Water

Hit Dice: 42d12+378(882hp)

Initiative: +5 (+1 Dex, +4 Improved
Initiative)

Speed: 140 ft., swim 140 ft, fly 360.

AC: 47

Attacks: 6 tentacles +56 melee, 2 claws +50 melee, stamp +50 melee

Damage: Tentacle 4d6+16 (improved critical) claw 2d8+8, stamp 4d6+8 (I think that's a little soft but I didn't write it, so what the hell..)

Face/Reach: 40ft by 40ft/25 ft

Special Attacks: Improved grab, horrid constriction 4d6+12 spells

Special Qualities: Divine qualities (see above) damage reduction 40/+4, divin fast healing 50/per round, SR 37, darkvision 60ft, water subtype, fire resistance 25, sonic resistance 35, alter size, alter form.

Saves: Fort +39 Ref +31 Will +37

Abilities: Str 42, Dex 12 (I know, he's not very fast), Con 29, Int 33, Wis, 27, Cha 29

Skills: Alchemy +56, Climb +61, Conectration +54, Cthulhu Mythos +56, Hide =15, Knowledge (arcana) +56, Knowledge (undead) +56, Knowledge geography +56, Knowledge history +56, Knowledge planes +56, Knowledge religion +50, Listen +55, Scry +56, Search +56, Spellcraft +56, Spot +55, Swim +38

Feats: Alterness, Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Great Fortitude, Improved Critical (tentacle), Improved Initaitve, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Sunder, Weapon Focus (tentacle)

Climate/Terrain: Aquatic (espically the Pacific Ocean), but is sometimes found...travelling?

Organization: Unique

Challenge Rating: 34

Teasure: Double standard

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Advancement: None

Sanity Loss: 1d10/d%

A monster of vaguely anthropoid outline, but with an octopuslike head, whose face was a mass of feelers, a scaly, rubbery-looking body, prodigious claws on hind and fore feet, and long, narrow wings behind. This thing . . . was of a somewhat bloated corpulence . . . . It lumbered slobberingly into sight and gropingly squeezed its gelatinous green immensity through the black doorway . . . . A mountain walked or stumbled
-H.P. Lovecraft "The Call of Cthulhu"

And now, some true D&D style Cthulhu Smack Down.

Do those people dying look familiar? No?

Check your Player's Handbook.

Cthulhu

[ 08-07-2002: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

Moffles
Pancake
posted 08-07-2002 12:31:38 PM
Hey.

*Pulls out something from coat pocket*

I gots water. And if you want it cold, I gots ice.

"Got some dark desire? Love to play with fire? Why not let it rip? Live a little bit!"
/dev/null
Pancake
posted 08-07-2002 12:39:23 PM
882 HP? Bah, he's killable.
Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 08-07-2002 12:44:46 PM
quote:
RPC got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
882 HP? Bah, he's killable.

sure, if you can get past his AC, spell res, damage reduction and resistances..

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
/dev/null
Pancake
posted 08-07-2002 12:50:24 PM
quote:
Ka'Lourin D'thBlayde probably says this to all the girls:
sure, if you can get past his AC, spell res, damage reduction and resistances..

It's all about the high end warriors, baby.

up to 8 attacks a round (un-hasted), an average minimum of 20 points per attack and some really healthy bonuses to attack rolls based on epic weapons and the like.

Against a Wizard, that would be something else... but a single level 40 wizard would be able to "solo" him... the wiz would lose SEVERAL levels, but it's doable with the right spell combo.

Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 08-07-2002 01:04:47 PM
Malbi> I kicked this can
Cthulhu> Leckie: HA! http://forums.evercrest.com/cgi-
bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=031283

Why Ha?

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 08-07-2002 02:44:29 PM
Challenge Rateing 34?! WUSSS!!! I have seen spiders tougher than that*Oh sure they are Colossal Spiders of Devistation, but still*
diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-07-2002 08:09:51 PM
sweet mudder of perl!

if me could only keel dat ting, me would hab sushi for uh week.... but just LUKIN at it makes me head feel funny...

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
The Last Strider
I will die alone
posted 08-07-2002 08:13:01 PM
They look like they're all still First level.

Just a leeeeeeeetle one-sided, dontcha think?

"We have listened to you speak since the dawn of time, and we have learned to imatoot you exarktly."-The Simpsons

Necromancer: How DARE you imply that I was involved in a rude act with my undead servant! I will flay the flesh from your bones! I will summon a thousand maggot-ridden corpses to gnaw your flesh! I will trap your soul in-
Ghoul: My ass hurts.

G.S. Waisztarroz
Pancake
posted 08-07-2002 08:15:43 PM
Everyone who claims they could kill him forgets that they'd be insane before they could lay a finger on him.
The Last Strider
I will die alone
posted 08-07-2002 08:25:57 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by G.S. Waisztarroz:
Everyone who claims they could kill him forgets that they'd be insane before they could lay a finger on him.
"We have listened to you speak since the dawn of time, and we have learned to imatoot you exarktly."-The Simpsons

Necromancer: How DARE you imply that I was involved in a rude act with my undead servant! I will flay the flesh from your bones! I will summon a thousand maggot-ridden corpses to gnaw your flesh! I will trap your soul in-
Ghoul: My ass hurts.

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 08-07-2002 10:09:40 PM
quote:
G.S. Waisztarroz obviously shouldn't have said:

I would never say a PC would kill him, but there are a couple beasties out there who would kick his ass...In DnD terms of course

G.S. Waisztarroz
Pancake
posted 08-07-2002 10:11:46 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Vise the Stompy!
I would never say a PC would kill him, but there are a couple beasties out there who would kick his ass...In DnD terms of course

Sure.

A Mind Flayer would probably be able to hold out for a good amount of time.

Psions are really the only PC I can think of that would even get in more than one attack unless said PC was level 50 or something. They have such control of their mind that they'd be very hard to mess with.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 08-07-2002 10:13:22 PM
A monk would eat that sucker for BREAKFAST.

Boo-yah.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

G.S. Waisztarroz
Pancake
posted 08-07-2002 10:15:49 PM
quote:
Black Mage had this to say about Duck Tales:
A monk would eat that sucker for BREAKFAST.

Boo-yah.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the self discipline of monks. Still, it would take a whole party of psions and monks (maybe multiclassing monk/psions) at least level 40 or so. Yeah, I realize his CR is 34, but I think that's misleading.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 08-07-2002 10:16:49 PM
Psionic Warriors, too.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Suddar
posted 08-07-2002 10:18:10 PM
you have to remember, he regenerates 50 HP a round...let up the heat for 5 seconds and he gains back health.
ZaÂ’afiel
Coolest Hamster Pimp Ever!
posted 08-07-2002 10:37:48 PM
Illithids would probably worship him
"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 08-08-2002 12:41:21 AM
Here's the theory Malkav and I have come up with for killing him.

Monk/Psions using Unaviodable Strike.

His AC based on Size and Dex (not counting natural AC, which makes up the rest of his AC) is 3.

(Side note: Touch attacks r0><0r>
(Side note 2: This is just based on the info given.)

[ 08-08-2002: Message edited by: ArchAngel ]

"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 08-08-2002 01:59:29 AM
By the time you'd reach Cthulhu, or have become lvl 40 (which is pretty impossible) yu'd have an extremely low Sanity. Meaning, there would be a high chance of failing a Sanity roll. Once you lost 20% of your Sanity, which is a good chance, you would go temprarily insane which would drop scores, or cause you to become an NPC for a while. In the mean time, Cthulhu would be able to kill you. Or your Sanity would reach 0 and you'd become an NPC and just remain a gurgling pile of madness for ever.

Cthulhu

ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 08-08-2002 02:21:01 AM
Since Malkav went home I'll just say this:

It was a nice thought while it lasted, I don't have the skills to back it up further on my own.

[ 08-08-2002: Message edited by: ArchAngel ]

"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: