EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: People like this give normal gun owners a bad name.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 07-21-2002 02:44:27 AM
Ok so we are all a little more paranoid about terrorist attacks and the such. But come on. THe first lesson I learned when I started to use firearms was to Know what my target was and know that I had no choice but to shoot.
Shooting at a helicopter in this situation doesnt' really fit the guidelines there.
http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-26898sy0jul19.story?coll=dp%2Dheadlines%2Dtopnews
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 07-21-2002 02:46:39 AM
You people need better gun laws.
Maradon!
posted 07-21-2002 02:49:34 AM
quote:
Dr. Pvednes, PhD had this to say about (_|_):
You people need better gun laws.

Yeah, they should be as strict as our marijuana laws are.

I mean, just look at how well they helped our drug situation

Palou
Lounge Lizard
posted 07-21-2002 02:57:18 AM
But marijuana laws created the marijuana problem! If it wasnt illegal then it wouldnt be a problem. duh
Palou Sabaco
The Sexiest Lizard in Kelethin!
[Povar]
Maradon!
posted 07-21-2002 02:59:34 AM
quote:
Palou had this to say about Tron:
But marijuana laws created the marijuana problem! If it wasnt illegal then it wouldnt be a problem. duh

Yeah, it'd be like in France where people abuse inhalents instead :\

Skaw
posted 07-21-2002 03:00:27 AM
I blame paranoia induced by the media!

I swear, everything that happens now, this is how the news does it:

"A house caught fire today, no signs of if it was related to terrorism"

"A car was stolen this afternoon. Whether or not this was an act of terrorism is still uncertain."

"A cat got stuck in a tree this morning. Police question if or if not it was terrorist, little Billy blames Osama Bin Laden."

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 07-21-2002 03:00:54 AM
ok so.. a chopper lands, picks up guy,

another guy freaks out, and shoots near or at the chopper, thinking terrorists

jumpingjesusonapoggostick...

Maradon!
posted 07-21-2002 03:04:15 AM
Yeah, the guy was clearly about as intellegent as an overbaked moose turd. That's a week stale, and not even particularly intellegent compared to other, more adept overbaked moose turds.

My guess is that he was just pissed that the helicopter dared come so close to his house, and being a "shoot first ask questions later" kinda guy, shot at them blindly. The terrorism bit sounds a bit too much like a scapegoat.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 07-21-2002 03:05:46 AM
quote:
Aanicat had this to say about dark elf butts:
ok so.. a chopper lands, picks up guy,

another guy freaks out, and shoots near or at the chopper, thinking terrorists

jumpingjesusonapoggostick...

Yeah pretty much..
Now I will say this in the Guys defense.. I really dont' know how i would react if a Heli came swooping down from the skies and landed across the street.
However I can say I would not open fire first chance I got. Remember that Helicopters don't normally land in the middle of a Sub division. And with the Media keeping everyone on the edge of thier seat just waiting for the next terrorist attack... Well some people are bound to overreact. But thsi was a bit much I would say.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 07-21-2002 03:09:06 AM
see, I don't watch the media... Every time I hear about the "next terrorist attack" I just roll my eyes. I mean common... if they were going to do it, do you think they'ed want us to know? Eh who knows, maybe.. I mean they could be playing off this terror thing (hence terrorist..)

That and I see so many weird things in a day when I work that.. If a chopper landed in the parking lot, I wouldn't bat an eye...

Steven Steve
posted 07-21-2002 04:26:33 AM
Help me, Osama Bin Laden is worked up into a rage and he wants to crush America by targeting the land across the street from my urban house as a landing spot for a helicopter, while having his agents wear formal black suits.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

G.S. Waisztarroz
Pancake
posted 07-21-2002 04:29:25 AM
quote:
Sutiiben Hantu said this about your mom:
Help me, Osama Bin Laden is worked up into a rage and he wants to crush America by targeting the land across the street from my urban house as a landing spot for a helicopter, while having his agents wear formal black suits.

I think it's just your horribly pixelated sigpic that's aggrivating him.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 07-21-2002 04:32:37 AM
Pfft...before Sept 11, hillbillies didn't need a reason to shoot at things that confused or agitated them.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Tristan
Vidi, vici, veni.
Nae's Stooge
posted 07-21-2002 04:34:09 AM
Did anyone else start hearing banjo music when reading that story?
Veni, vidi, vici
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 07-21-2002 04:37:37 AM
*snickers*
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 07-21-2002 05:16:50 AM
i'm more scared of my own government than i probably ever will be of any terrorist.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 07-21-2002 05:41:12 AM
Just seeing some TV show about a goverment checmical weapons test in wisconson like 20 years ago by the army just makes me wonder what side other countries would prefer to be on if we didnt have nukes and/or massive technology edge and manpower
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-21-2002 08:02:39 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Fennar!
Did anyone else start hearing banjo music when reading that story?

Yes, yes I did.

Peter
Pancake
posted 07-21-2002 11:05:40 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael's account was hax0red to write:
Pfft...before Sept 11, hillbillies didn't need a reason to shoot at things that confused or agitated them.

Yeah 'cept the Guy wasn't a Hillbilly. He is from New Jersey. Hillbillys have better aim.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 07-21-2002 11:16:26 AM
quote:
Pike probably says this to all the girls:
Yeah 'cept the Guy wasn't a Hillbilly. He is from New Jersey. Hillbillys have better aim.

Yep
A redneck would have known to aim for the engine since a hit anywhere in that area would take out the helicopter..

Ahh the things you learn when you hang around people from the military.

Mr. Wilams
Pancake
posted 07-21-2002 11:38:07 AM
I'm going to buy a Colt Peacemaker, just because it is a badass gun.

Someday.

The Last Strider
I will die alone
posted 07-21-2002 11:47:54 AM
Next thing you know, we'll be hearing somebody saying, "Oh my God! My computer is slow! Osama bin Laden infected it with a doomsday virus! HELP!" Sheesh.
"We have listened to you speak since the dawn of time, and we have learned to imatoot you exarktly."-The Simpsons

Necromancer: How DARE you imply that I was involved in a rude act with my undead servant! I will flay the flesh from your bones! I will summon a thousand maggot-ridden corpses to gnaw your flesh! I will trap your soul in-
Ghoul: My ass hurts.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: