EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: My braces are...
Alleria Qui'farush
Chica!
posted 07-01-2002 06:43:36 PM
OFF! HOLY SHIT!

They're slimy, they're smooth, and hot damn my teeth never looked so big and beautiful in my life.

After 5 minutes of popping all of the brackets off, 5 minutes of getting all of the glue off, 2 minutes of smoothing my teeth, 3 sets of both upper and lower impressions, a wax bite, 2 x-rays, and 5 photos all turned out wonderful in the end. ^_^ Did I ever tell you I hate impressions? Well I hate impressions. The plaster just droops down, and goes into your throat, and makes you gag, and it tastes nasty, and all the particles are all over inside your mouth, and if it doesn't turn out the first time you have to do it again.

I'm so happy! I think I died... Wait, of course I did! I'm in heaven!

I love the nurses there... They did a great job on my teeth, and after everything was finished they gave me a goody bag that said "PIG OUT!" It's full of everything that you weren't aloud to eat when you had your braces on. Twix bars, blow pops, tootsie pops, a package of microwave popcorn, crunch bars, and bubble gum. ^_^ *Drools*

Well I just wanted to share my happiness to all of you, and I'm sorry if you people are still torturing yourself because you want yours off so badly.

Note: I'll post pictures as soon as possible with my new hairstyle and with my braces off, hopefully before August.

Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 07-01-2002 06:46:06 PM
Yay.
Led
*kaboom*
posted 07-01-2002 06:48:22 PM
Yey! I loved the feeling when my braces came off. Your teeth feel really huge and naked now, do they not Mine did for the loooongest time. I actually missed my braces for a while
Alleria Qui'farush
Chica!
posted 07-01-2002 06:51:13 PM
I love the feeling of nakedness.
Waisztarroz
I love democracy
posted 07-01-2002 06:55:10 PM
I haven't had braces yet, but I probably should have them...
Yes, that's right, hot live sex!
There's a raptor behind you.
Resident grammar whore.
Warning, flames imminent!
-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 07-01-2002 07:19:48 PM
I get mine off in 2 more appointments.. hurray
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 07-01-2002 07:20:45 PM
I never, ever have to get braces.
Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 07-01-2002 07:22:36 PM
quote:
Alleria Qui'farush had this to say about the Spice Girls:
3 sets of both upper and lower impressions

Impressions suck. Bad.

The first time I went to get impressions, I went through 3 shirts before they finally got a good set of impressions.

i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Kirane
Pancake
posted 07-01-2002 08:20:08 PM
Thank the heavens for perect straight teeth!
Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 07-01-2002 08:22:43 PM
quote:
Kirane painfully thought these words up:
Thank the heavens for perect straight teeth!

Bah.

Emily
Why's everybody always hittin on me?
posted 07-01-2002 08:28:49 PM
I got mine off a few years ago. I had braces for three years. The lady at the orthodontists office handed me a mirror to show me what my teeth looked like after my braces came off, and she caught me grinning at myself. It was kinda embarassing. =P
Should've done something, but I've done it enough
By the way your hands were shaking
Rather waste some time with you

Should've said something, but I've said it enough
By the way my words were faded
Rather waste some time with you...

Kloie
tunactsunamooon
posted 07-01-2002 08:30:38 PM
They had some special Bingo Night at my school about 6 months after I got my braces on...

I won this gigantic tub of popcorn...

Agent A
Underpowered on Purpose
posted 07-01-2002 08:53:10 PM
Yay for Alleria! (I've never had braces...but I can still feel your pain and whatnot.)
"How do you all feel about beastiality with taxidermy? It seems like most people aren't very down with it, in fact, alot of people are only medium down with it. But if you only get to second base, where's the harm, right?"
- Melora Creager
Tea-chan
Pancake
posted 07-01-2002 09:33:57 PM
Congrats, despite the fact that I never had braces, so I wouldn't know how it feels. Though, I'd imagine it'd rock pretty damn well to have them taken off. ^_~
Fear me.
Tea-chan
Pancake
posted 07-01-2002 09:35:49 PM
quote:
Kloie had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
They had some special Bingo Night at my school about 6 months after I got my braces on...

I won this gigantic tub of popcorn...

XD I apologize for laughing.. but oh, the irony.

Fear me.
Gork
Pancake
posted 07-01-2002 10:12:24 PM
Im not supposed to eat that stuff? Gum was a given.. but popcorn? Twix? I must have eaten over 25lbs of each... and no problems here...

I think im getting mine off in 6 weeks.

Another Unsolved Mystery is goin' down in history.
Alleria Qui'farush
Chica!
posted 07-01-2002 10:14:54 PM
Eh, I ate everything anyways.

(Except for caramel, I thought that stuff was too dangerous. Well... the hard caramels atleast like the caramel on the apple pops. Ya know those?)

Tareshinal
Pancake
posted 07-01-2002 10:37:43 PM
I just got mine about a month ago and Wednesday I get the bands or what ever they are called... they are the ones that go on your very back molars.... anyways then I have like 1-3yrs with them.. ... but all I have to do is complain about them hurting and then I get pulled out of class or get to be late to go get ice cream or some other soft easy to eat food (after they tighten them) ....
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 07-02-2002 06:23:49 AM
My sister and one of my brothers both had to have braces so I sort of know what it must be like Grats on having them removed, my siblings were VERY relieved when theirs was removed, too.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 07-02-2002 07:20:42 AM
wish I had straight teeth.

Parents couldnt afford them growing up. I should look into them or something.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 07-02-2002 09:53:52 AM
I had braces for a year after having a front tooth pulled. My mouth wasn't big enough for my oversized teeth, and even though I had a bite plate for my uppers when I was twelve, I needed my lowers fixed with braces during college (hence the front tooth pulled... choice between one front tooth or four back teeth). Those things gave me such a lisp, and I had to deal with campus "food" while wearing them. When I got them off, I had to wear a set of retainers (upper & lower). The upper retainer wasn't needed after 6 months, but I still have to wear the lower one (now two years later) because one tooth keeps wanting to twist back.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Alleria Qui'farush
Chica!
posted 07-02-2002 11:19:42 AM
Today I'm getting my retainers. I think they're the clear ones that go over your teeth so it doesn't look like I'm wearing any. But the note I got from everyone who's older than me and had them in the past: Wear them for the rest of your life.

It can't be that bad... I've been through 2 retainers before in 2nd grade - 3rd. (Expander and rooftop retainer)

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 07-02-2002 11:38:41 AM
I happen to think braces on a girl are actually quite cute. Always have, eh may just be me.

And besides Alleria, you were always cute enough anyways so with or without, from an external opinion, pretty much remains the same.

Glad that you are happy about it though! I know a lot of people WAIT for the day to get thier braces off.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Alleria Qui'farush
Chica!
posted 07-02-2002 01:12:47 PM
Aww, thanks Fae. ^_^ You're making me blush.

Well the retainers are in and damn they're tight. They're literally vacuumed and it takes force to get them off but I'm afraid to break them. ~_~

When I bite, it won't cause pain. When I have them on, my teeth look whiter; and they also look like I'm losing the enamal(sp?) on my teeth... I'll enjoy this.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: