EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Necro Mechanic
Palou
Lounge Lizard
posted 06-29-2002 04:54:37 AM

Ok, I know almost everyone has seen this Necromancer symbol that is shown in windowed mode. It is a continued mystery to me as of what the hell Verant was thinking when they made this. Bard symbol makes sense, it's a lute. SK skmbol makes sense, sword and skull.... but what the hell does a heart, skull, and wrench have to do with a Necromancer. Are they actually just malicious mechanics that repair cars and raise dead? Gnomes are excluded from this.

Palou Sabaco
The Sexiest Lizard in Kelethin!
[Povar]
Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 06-29-2002 05:01:37 AM
Reanimation.
There was a signature here... it's gone now.
Palou
Lounge Lizard
posted 06-29-2002 05:05:03 AM
*blink* I was not aware reanimation was achieved through the use of a wrench. Fun!
Palou Sabaco
[Povar]
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 06-29-2002 05:47:32 AM
Oh you'd be surprised what sorts of things you have to use when you're dealing with corpses. Nail clippers, for instance.

Did you know the fingernails and toe nails of a recently-dead corpse continue to grow for a few days after corporeal death? If you intend to use the parts, it's usually a good idea to dig out the nail clippers and trim things down. Many a monster has run amok after painfully snagging their overgrown toenail on something and tearing it to the quick.

Small pipe cleaners are also a bonus. The little roto-rooter type brushes on a long spinning line of fiber.. Everyone knows that when a person dies, they lose bladder and bowel control. Unfortunately, not everyone realizes that the bowels aren't completely evacuated. To keep the bowel from rotting, you have to clean it out before fecal matter becomes a natural fertilizer and encourages disgusting things to grow.

Dealing with dead things is all about creative use of tools.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 06-29-2002 07:06:18 AM
Still don't see how a wrench would be useful, unless you're planning on mooshing various undead into one big abomination of stuff. That, while being a great hobby for kids, could use a wrench.

Most of the tools that aren't used in the actual reamation process would be for preserving the undead anyway. Unless you want to do something general like raise a recently slain army or somesuch, most of it would be connected to cleaning, preserving, such and such. S'why I prefer skeletal undead to big clumsy zombie-types: less stuff to clean out, and once only the bone is left there's really nothing there to rot. Plus, they just look cooler.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Maradon!
posted 06-29-2002 08:30:24 AM
It's the bloody wrench!

I still say our epic should have looked like that

Arttemis the Rogue
Amethyst's sex toy
posted 06-29-2002 12:06:41 PM
I thought the fingernails didn't continue growing (you know, no blood flow and whatnot would be quite a hurdle for them to jump and continue growing), but that it was simply the retraction of the skin from around the nails.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 06-29-2002 12:09:28 PM
you are correct Artt. Moisture draining and evaporating from the body tissue causes the skin to shrink back, giving the appearance that hair and nail tissue is continuing to grow
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Palou
Lounge Lizard
posted 06-29-2002 12:09:37 PM
*smacks a corpse several times with a wrench* REANIMATE!!!! *whack whack*
Palou Sabaco
[Povar]
Skaw
posted 06-29-2002 01:11:28 PM
It's to retighten the blades on their Spec pets Scythes. Duh.
Ryuujin
posted 06-29-2002 01:15:21 PM
quote:
Palou had this to say about Pirotess:
*smacks a corpse several times with a wrench* REANIMATE!!!! *whack whack*

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: