EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: It seems everyone is heading back to EQ these days..
Mord
Priest of Peachis
posted 06-25-2002 10:53:19 AM
I decided to give my ole rogue another shot, and had a few questions I hope some of you could answer...

* I remember having to edit an ini file or something to enable the velious and kunark armour graphics, what file was that?

* Is Luclin really worth getting? (Other than for the enhanced player models)

Thankfully my fiance is asleep, else I'd be getting whacked about the head right now...what was I thinking, vowing never to play EQ again...

pfft !

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 06-25-2002 10:58:25 AM
eqclient.ini

No

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Mord
Priest of Peachis
posted 06-25-2002 10:59:22 AM
Short. Sweet.

Cheers.

Tier the Genius™
Dark Elf Pimp
posted 06-25-2002 11:01:45 AM
EverQuest in the middle of all the kid's summer vacation? Do you have a death wish?
Mord
Priest of Peachis
posted 06-25-2002 11:04:32 AM
You're kidding, right?

Thought I would be safe for another week or so, the kiddies don't get out here for another week yet...

Tier the Genius™
Dark Elf Pimp
posted 06-25-2002 11:07:09 AM
Well, most of them are out as far as I know. But just half of them is too many for me.

[ 06-25-2002: Message edited by: Tier the Genius™ ]

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 06-25-2002 11:08:18 AM
Luclin is worth getting, its has SnAkeS!!

snakes snakes snakes!!!!

/flee

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Mord
Priest of Peachis
posted 06-25-2002 11:10:58 AM
Hmm...well, in that case I have an emergency survival plan to put in use...

*pokes out eyes*

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 06-25-2002 11:13:42 AM
Honestly, I think Luclin has some of the best high end hunting zones in the game.

Akheva has crap for drops and plat, but the experience moves quickly, even in mid-50's levels. Maiden's Eye is pickup group central, also known as the Uber Overthere. The Grey is amazing fun, so long as you have someone dependable casting EB on you. Umbral, well.. every druid you meet is going to want you to head over there for the armor drops. There's quite a few nice all/all items as well, bracers, earrings and the like.

I've never had problems with the lag issues or long zoning times that most people complain about there.

Except for ToV raids, I've really made Luclin my new home.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 06-25-2002 11:17:28 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Xyrra said this:
I've really made Luclin my new home.

There is stuff outside of luclin?!

O_o

-Mayer Rothschild
Mord
Priest of Peachis
posted 06-25-2002 11:18:38 AM
Ugh...

Whilst it sounds worthwhile, perhaps I should concentrate on wrapping my head around all the changes made in the last 12 months before I consider Luclin.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 06-25-2002 11:21:10 AM
quote:
Arcadus Lil'Velve enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Ugh...

Whilst it sounds worthwhile, perhaps I should concentrate on wrapping my head around all the changes made in the last 12 months before I consider Luclin.

Most of the changes directly deal with luclin. There are some new blanket changes though, soulbinders etc..

-Mayer Rothschild
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 06-25-2002 11:22:42 AM
And once you do get Luclin... I cannot stress this enough:

/dopropertinting ON

Mord
Priest of Peachis
posted 06-25-2002 11:27:36 AM
Erm, well I guess I'll understand whatever that is once I get Luclin?

Or perhaps I won't head back to EQ...the account servers being down doesn't really help they take my money.

Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 06-25-2002 04:21:07 PM
quote:
Tier the Genius™ had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
EverQuest in the middle of all the kid's summer vacation? Do you have a death wish?

He has a point.

It's much worse for you, considering that you're on Ayonae Ro. Ohhh Lord... I hate that server.

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 06-25-2002 04:33:19 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Kegwen 2.0:
He has a point.

It's much worse for you, considering that you're on Ayonae Ro. Ohhh Lord... I hate that server.

One of my managers is trying to get me back to EQ. Wants me to play Anoyae Ro..

He didnt seem to understand that IF I go back, I'll be in Tunare.

Well, if my computer would be able to handle it... its limping now.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Zebsis Morbidfist
Pancake
posted 06-25-2002 04:35:17 PM
Please don't go to Ayonae Ro. Think of the children. OH PLEASE GOD THINK OF THE CHILDREN. as they harass you with their extremely uppity uber attitude and annoy the hell out of you...
Mord
Priest of Peachis
posted 06-25-2002 05:40:35 PM
*pokes Az*
/dev/null
Pancake
posted 06-25-2002 05:44:11 PM
I've had no real issues playing on AnnoyingRo except that the players there are idiots and I can make money rather easily just by abusing EC.....

Some of my co-workers play on that server as well.

Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
adenine!
Closet Republican
posted 06-25-2002 05:45:09 PM
Zebsis (or anyone else), what is this robe?
/dev/null
Pancake
posted 06-25-2002 05:48:36 PM
Looks like the Guardian Robe....
Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
Azeroth™
Want my opinion?
posted 06-25-2002 05:50:50 PM
Yeah I really begin to notice all the kids lately. I log in tonight, first thing I see is some level 1 ranger poking me. First thing he says to me "I'm New! give me some stuff!" sigh...

[/URL]
Mord
Priest of Peachis
posted 06-25-2002 07:04:05 PM
Well, I logged in this morning to find Ayonae is just as pathetic as I remember it to be.

Seems the last place I had been before I retired early last year was Neriak, and both noobs and general morons were in abundance today...

Fuckstick #1 *inspect* "Where did you get those swords?"

Response : After a long and dangerous trek into the depths of Befallen, I emerged wielding these fine souvenirs.

Fuckstick #1 : Oh. Can I have them????

Response: Why of course...not! *grin*

Fuckstick #1 : Pleze!! I am new and need stuff.

/who Fuckstick - Level 16 Wizard

Response: My friend, these would be off no use to you, besides, they are enchanted to the point where they cannot leave my possession. There is no way I could hand them to you, I am afraid.

Fuckstick #1 : K...plat then?

Response: I'm sorry?

Fuckstick #1 : U give me plat.

Response: I would if I could, but I honestly do not even have a single platinum piece to my name.

Fuckstick #1 : #$%@! YOUR 45! GIVE ME MONEY!

Response: (begins to walk away)

Fuckstick #2 tells you : Why wont u give Fuckstick #1 gold???

Response: None.

Fuckstick #2 tells you : Why wont u give Fuckstick #1 gold???!!!!!

Response: None.

Fuckstick #2 tells you : HELO!!!!!! U musnt want to ever group again???????

You tell Fuckstick #2 : I choose not to , because I have exactly Four gold myself; do not consider myself a babysitter; don't understand how someone wearing a Shining Metallic Robe can consider themselves a 'noobie' ; Don't believe he needs the money in the first place. Quite frankly...speaking with you both has given me the urge to get a vasectomy and end my ability to spawn offspring, on the off-chance I create beasts such as yourselves!

You tell Fuckstick #2: Have a nice day!

/quit.

*Beats head against wall*
It took exactly 7 minutes to recall why I retired in the first place.

Lalamile
My title doesn't even make sense any more
posted 06-25-2002 07:59:24 PM
EQ is ok from... oh 1 AM... to... about 9 AM. Few people on... I usually me more intersting people then to... most of the stupid gaming people arn't that serious... so it just people who (usually) know what they're doing.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: