EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: God, I love EQ.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 06-20-2002 02:40:16 PM
I haven't played EQ in awhile. I just don't have as much fun anymore. Well, unless I'm playing with people I know and enjoy hanging with.

Anyway. I logged on today after an extended absence because I wanted to give it another go.

I'm sitting in SRo for awhile to give some gnomeskin to my friend Tim, who happened to have been online when I logged in.

He logs on his Bard in Great Divide and I port over there to pick him up and take him to Qeynos to get his level 30 song. Here's how things went down.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered The Great Divide.
Aladen tells you, 'can you tp me to DL pls'
Gallan saved.
You told Aladen, 'sure, head to the waterfall'
Paleon's song ends.
You invite Paleon to join your group.
You wave at Paleon.
Aladen tells you, 'im in sro'
You have formed the group.
You told Aladen, 'doh, I'm in GD'
Aladen tells you, 'cool'
Aladen tells you, 'if you had answered when i told you you could have tped me'
Aladen tells you, 'fuck you'
You told Aladen, 'excuse me for being elsewhere. not like I'm here to serve you, ass.'
Aladen tells you, 'stfu'
Aladen tells you, 'play your fucking class useless and shut up'
You told Aladen, 'what the hell is your problem?'
Aladen tells you, 'MY problem'
Aladen tells you, 'my problem is that i asked you to tp me , and you didnt answer'
Gallan saved.
You told Aladen, 'I did too. I got your tell right after I zoned into GD. If you sent another prior to that, it must have been while I was in the kitchen getting a soda.
Aladen tells you, 'then i ask again and you told me that you just left'
You told Aladen, 'No need to get all snippy for no damn reason. It's not like I purposely ignored you and there is NO reason for you to start insulting me.'
Aladen tells you, 'pff'
Aladen tells you, 'you hadnt afk message on'
You have added Aladen to your IGNORE list.

What is IT with people?

/dev/null
Pancake
posted 06-20-2002 02:43:03 PM
Shaddup and gimme a ride, port bish.

Kinda like people that I buff (OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF MY FUCKING HEART) demanding that I give them more...

We need to do a cross country run man... Just start in LA and shoot these fuckers one by one....

Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-20-2002 03:11:29 PM
Im sure if he had asked nice ya woulda ported him after ya were done too.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 06-20-2002 03:27:38 PM
Usually I'm too worried about being an inconvenience to people to even bother asking politely.

I'm one of those guys that appreciates the help, but doesn't want to be a bother, so worries about asking because he never wants to annoy people.

I got Synny mad at me too, she'd offer to PL me, wanted to be helpful, but I could never ask because I felt like such an annoyance =/

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 06-20-2002 03:49:06 PM
Maybe he got really annoyed when you called your pop a 'soda'?
Steven Steve
posted 06-20-2002 03:51:10 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Tegadil said:

hehe

BASTARD

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Katjya
Kelveron's Kitten
posted 06-20-2002 03:54:32 PM
quote:
Tegadil thought about the meaning of life:

Pff, sorry, but "pop" is another name for "dad", not for a drink.

/comfort Bajah

Ah, the wonderful life of a porting class.

Katjya Sylvertongue
Young Shadowknight and Proud Owner of her own (_|_)
Tarissa Treerunner
Mid-life Crisis Druid of House Avendur
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 06-20-2002 04:00:30 PM
Sol Ro sure was fun, eh Baj?
"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 06-20-2002 05:30:12 PM
What level was the guy? an easy solution to most asshats who give you that crap is to port them to the dreadlands/skyfire/any other nasty zone and then gate.
Mod
Pancake
posted 06-20-2002 05:59:33 PM
Skyfire? Try the Plane of Hate
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Iulius Kaesar
Pancake
posted 06-20-2002 06:16:26 PM
Not that I would engage in such childish behavior but the platform in Cazic provides a nice safe landing spot with no way to get to the zone. Meaning they have to ask you... nicely.

--Iuli

Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 06-20-2002 06:23:03 PM
quote:
How.... Lady Leckie.... uughhhhhh:
an easy solution to most asshats who give you that crap is to port them to the dreadlands/skyfire/any other nasty zone and then gate.

Sadly, a GM rule states that you're not allowed to port people to a certain place against their will. In this case, if he had asked to be ported to the Great Divide, and instead you ported him to Skyfire and then gated, he could petition you. I don't think he's smart enough to do that, thogh.

i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 06-20-2002 06:29:27 PM
Druid port to skyfire? .. It isnt that dangerous. With some luck, I could prolly get a level 1 to DL from Skyfire.
Delphi
I walk in the Light
Facing the Darkness Boldly
I fear no Evil
/dev/null
Pancake
posted 06-20-2002 06:32:35 PM
quote:
Super Kagrama had this to say about Tron:
Sadly, a GM rule states that you're not allowed to port people to a certain place against their will. In this case, if he had asked to be ported to the Great Divide, and instead you ported him to Skyfire and then gated, he could petition you. I don't think he's smart enough to do that, thogh.

Fine.

Port the fucker to Odus. That's what we did to get rid of a dork that was fucking up a PoF raid I was on. Several of us were willing to go buy the stone for Hate, but the wizard chicked out at the last minute.

Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 06-20-2002 06:35:42 PM
Nah, take 'em to SFG. At least then he has to run cross country, or ride a boat to get to a nexus spire.
Delphi
I walk in the Light
Facing the Darkness Boldly
I fear no Evil
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 06-20-2002 06:37:09 PM
What sort of Texan says 'soda'? I thought it was 'coke'.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 06-20-2002 06:52:55 PM
I call it eoke or soda. Pop is like "I'll pop you right upside the head!"

As for people's problem... I have a feeling they've been hearing "The world owes me a living." song way to much!

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 06-20-2002 07:01:53 PM
Sure, they may be slime not worthy of being scraped off of your shoe, but they DO serve a purpose.

They inspired Tweety to write that WONDERFUL little rant.

Other than that, I hope the servers eat their characters.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 06-20-2002 07:04:28 PM
Who gives a flying fuck about the coke/soda/pop? That isn't the point of the goddamn thread.
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 06-20-2002 10:54:51 PM
quote:
Super Kagrama probably says this to all the girls:
Sadly, a GM rule states that you're not allowed to port people to a certain place against their will.

No it isn't. I just got done talking to my server GM, and asked him out of curiosity. There is absolutely nothing in the rules, explicit or implied, which disallows you to port anyone anywhere you damn well please.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 06-21-2002 07:53:54 AM
Am I the only one that has thought about teleporting people to Cazic Thule with the wizard one for people you really really hate?

Old Cazic Thule was pretty evil for that, but the NEW Cazic Thule? Hehe

Dark Evil Panda
Pancake
posted 06-21-2002 10:41:44 AM
well i'm getting on this charecter in a min! if ya want ta see me just tell
~Dark Evil Panda Person
>;P
"I love it when you say that!"
*grins evily and disappears* MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 06-21-2002 11:03:11 AM
Getting on what character in a minute? Your little level 4 chanter on The Rathe? And what does that have to with anything on this thread?
DaStalker
Pancake
posted 06-21-2002 11:07:17 AM
Hey can anyone help me I'm re starting and I need some tips.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 06-21-2002 11:14:28 AM
quote:
DaStalker had this to say about Tron:
Hey can anyone help me I'm re starting and I need some tips.

Sure, just ask your questions and we'll do what we can to answer.

But who the heck are you? hehe

Lalian Viajante
Pancake
posted 06-21-2002 01:06:59 PM
Looks like someone really wanted you to port them to Tox Bajah Then, act like you can't speak english.
Katjya
Kelveron's Kitten
posted 06-21-2002 01:12:19 PM
Never on purpose, honestly, but for some reason, I darn near always confused DL with GD. Don't know what the mental block was, but someone would ask to go to one of them and would wind up in the other. The reactions I got when they realized the mistake wasn't on purpose were funny as heck usually.
Katjya Sylvertongue
Young Shadowknight and Proud Owner of her own (_|_)
Tarissa Treerunner
Mid-life Crisis Druid of House Avendur
Iulius Czar
Pancake
posted 06-21-2002 01:13:15 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Vorago wrote:
Am I the only one that has thought about teleporting people to Cazic Thule with the wizard one for people you really really hate?

Old Cazic Thule was pretty evil for that, but the NEW Cazic Thule? Hehe

See above

I've never done it, but I think it would be a perfect "lesson" for an immature noob. As long as he stays on the platform, he's safe... but (assuming he's a non gater) he's completely cut off from the outside world. And since there aren't many groups there, he now has to beg (read: pay) for a gate out.

</evilscheme off>

I had a look at the play nice policy and I sure don't see anything about being legally bound to gate someone wherever they ask; if you get them killed on purpose (Skyfire) they could perhaps get you on "working around the pvp rules to kill someone" but now that they've retooled Cazic, no mobs (short of a train) come to the platform.

In any case, one of the things I like about an online game is the ability to earn a reputation (good or bad) without worrying about someone "calling big brother" out on you. Want to be irrational and rude? Fine, go ahead--you may however not be pleased with the result.

just 2cp from
Iuli

Dark Evil Panda
Pancake
posted 06-21-2002 01:35:25 PM
lol i just found out tht my bro traded his account i got to make a new charecter on this one till i can get my own lol and DaStalker is one of my friends who getting eq soon
~Dark Evil Panda Person
>;P
Dark Evil Panda
Pancake
posted 06-21-2002 01:49:11 PM
okee im playing on me new charecter it sucks when you can't think of a name and have to use the genarator
~Dark Evil Panda Person
>;P
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: