EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I just found out...
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 06-15-2002 11:48:24 PM
You remember when I said, my mother told me a while ago, that my beloved cat, Cindy, died. She said that Cindy died of old age in one of the rooms upstares...

Well, that's not what happened. Apparently, the next door neighbors had a big mean dog.. and they let him run wild...

And since my cat was def.. she didn't hear him sneak up on her...

Soooo... I get to confront my mother tomorrow to find out if this is the truth. My brother was the one who told me. He has lied in the past, but since his accedent... He really can't lie very well, and he *knows* how attatched me and Cindy was, he would never lie to me about this.

I know why my mom lied.. She didn't want me to rage, and get overly upset. I sware if I was home, that dog would have died that day. But he is gone now, so atleast that beast won't hurt anything or one else again.

I just needed to get this out... I'm not going to yell or scream at my mom... just I deserve to know the truth..

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 06-15-2002 11:50:27 PM
Losing cats sucks. My cousins neighbor hunts cats. He puts out traps, captures them, and freaking SKINS them. The bastard almost got Moo, best cat of all time.
Cadga
Quite Insane
posted 06-15-2002 11:51:36 PM
quote:
Verily, Tegadil doth proclaim:
Losing cats sucks. My cousins neighbor hunts cats. He puts out traps, captures them, and freaking SKINS them. The bastard almost got Moo, best cat of all time.

humane society would have a field day with him :P

Professional Sinner/Heretic
My mindless dribble
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-15-2002 11:54:23 PM
I once picked up a cat.. by its tail, circled it around my head, then let go. It went sailing over the wall.

You know what's funny? I'm serious.

I was an insane child.

[ 06-15-2002: Message edited by: Mortious ]

Motiak
Pancake
posted 06-15-2002 11:54:45 PM
Similar thing happened to my bunny. My brother and I were out feeding her when a neighbor's dog ran into the yard. We had opened their cage to feed her but his barking caused her to jump out and attempt to run away. The dog caught up to her, picked her up in it's mouth, and carried it away as it screamed in a horrible, horrible scream. The owner of the dog brought it back to our house and it died in his arms (atleast it peed on him when it died, that's what he gets for letting his dog kill my bunny).

[ 06-15-2002: Message edited by: Motiak ]

go to Cicinimo's webpage www.artpad.org
"Bear with me while I speak, and after I have spoken, mock on." -Job 21:3
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 06-15-2002 11:56:20 PM
Uh, not to be mean, or anything, but wtf would you let a deaf cat out of the house? It was bound to get eaten by something or run over by a car eventually.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 06-15-2002 11:57:38 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about dark elf butts:
I once picked up a cat.. by its tail, circled it around my head, then let go. It went sailing over the wall.

You know what's funny? I'm serious.

I was an insane child.

I dun like you no more =(

[small]yes, you're very very insain =P{/small]

Maradon!
posted 06-15-2002 11:58:19 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Mortious was all like:
I was an insane child.

You're an insane adult

However, more on topic, it seems to me that if you filed any sort of complaint you could get the dog at least chained up like responsible, non-dumbfuck people ought to do in the first place.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 06-15-2002 11:59:53 PM
quote:
Goodbye, Bloodsage had this to say about Tron:
Uh, not to be mean, or anything, but wtf would you let a deaf cat out of the house? It was bound to get eaten by something or run over by a car eventually.

When we got her, she was a stray. And she did fine outside for the 12 years I had her... Hell she could even hunt, better then the cat we had that could hear. She could fight off just about anything to. So she could hold her own. Just this time...

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 06-16-2002 12:02:08 AM
quote:
From the book of Maradön², chapter 3, verse 16:
You're an insane adult

However, more on topic, it seems to me that if you filed any sort of complaint you could get the dog at least chained up like responsible, non-dumbfuck people ought to do in the first place.

According to my Brother, the dog was "taken care of". So I'm guessing the dog won't be hurting anyone any more, like I said.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 06-16-2002 03:36:49 AM
quote:
Tegadil thought about the meaning of life:

This bastard is another of the the sort I would like to cause a great deal of pain to.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 06-16-2002 04:24:36 AM
Problem is that once a dog kills a cat, it's more likely to do it again. Most times dogs chase things to chase them. Or because they want to play. We had a chow-chow named Hugh who was like that. He chased our little dog around to play. Never hurt her, just chased her around, then when he caught up she'd get slobbered on and then he'd get chased by her.

But most dogs won't hurt a cat. They think of cats as small, bizarre dogs, I guess. Least ours have. Chase the cat, catch the cat, slobber on the cat, run off.

The only dog that I ever saw that was any different was this one that killed this gray cat of ours. That damned beast literally ate the cat. Then it came hanging around looking for more. From what I hear, the dog ended up getting shot by someone. I don't believe in cruelty to animals...but sometimes some animals just need to be put down.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Waisztarroz
I love democracy
posted 06-16-2002 04:28:32 AM
I wonder why people with dogs that are that agressive let them loose.

People2lose.

Yes, that's right, hot live sex!
There's a raptor behind you.
Resident grammar whore.
Warning, flames imminent!
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 06-16-2002 04:54:52 AM
Bottom line? people are stupid about their pets. Back in Massachusetts there was a big psychotic german sheppard across the street. Nasty, attacked everyone, kept on a chain in the back yard. Don't even think the couple's grandchildren got near the damned thing. Her name was Rosey.

Anyway, my sister is outside one day, front door's open except for the screen. Dad's cooking out on the back porch, Mom's in the kitchen, I'm in the yard goofing around and Emily's down in the driveway. Now we lived on a hill, and the driveway was sunk into the side of the hill between two retaining walls, with the garage door at one end and the street down the hill at the other. Anyway, Emily's out there getting her bike or playing in the driveway or something.

And all of a sudden we hear "oh no...oh no...oh no..." Mom goes out to see what's wrong, starts screaming. I come around one side of the house, Dad comes around the other.

This psychotic, nasty, bloodthirsty damned dog has somehow gotten loose and has Emily cowering against the garage door. Dad starts picking up rocks and throwing them at the dog (probably a stupid thing to do since the dog could have easily come after Dad, but when it's you or your child, I guess the choice is clear) and manages to get the thing out of the driveway so we can get Emily.

And the stupid people across the street, when told, said "Oh she was just playing with Emily."

Yeah. Right.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 06-16-2002 11:11:13 AM
Well, it's true. The dog came up in the back yard and as quick as could be, crushed my cat. My dad could only watch because he can't move really any more, so couldn't get out there to stop it. Even the other Neighbors couldn't get up to our yard (We live on a teraced set of hills) to stop the damned dog. She died from the wounds inside, after the dog ran off and my dad managed to get her inside.

One of the people that hangs out were mom works (real rednecky guy, but a nice fellow) comes up with his shot gun, with two bullets. One was for my cat (she was not goin to survive) and one was for the dog. (It's legale here to shoot a dog that comes up onto your property and harms/kills a pet/child) The other neighbors even threaten the dog's owners. So the situation was, either they get it euthinizes, or it get's shot. They chose the first.

The dog was a lab mix. They must have done some shit to the dog to get him so aggressive like that. I grew up with Labs, even have on here now, and they are the sweetest natured dog ever. Then again, it was a mix... *sighs* Some dogs are just nasty from the get go.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 06-16-2002 11:44:04 AM
Dogs by thier very nature are violent. Even the kindest acting dogs have been known to snap and attack people or other animals.. This is one of the reason I dont' like dogs and keep then away from my property with a vengance. I don't shoot them unless they are danger to my animals normally but it isn't unusual to send a couple rounds in thier direction to scare them off.
However if they are a danger to my animals or if they are running with Coyotes then they are fair game. *shrugs*
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: