EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: wtf
Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 06-13-2002 11:19:21 PM
Okay...

I'm just talking to a friend of mine on Trillian and browsing the forums... when alluva sudden, my 'net connection dies. I figure it's my dad's computer (local ICS server) restarting. So I go and check. Sure enough it was. I make his computer connect. and come back to my computer...

I go to network connections... and it says it can't find a list of network adapters and to check if the Network Connections service was running. It wasn't. It was DISABLED ON STARTUP.

What the hell would cause this?

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Suddar Williams
SUDAR WILAMS
posted 06-13-2002 11:20:34 PM
Can't you just re-enable it right there?

It's not that much of a process.

Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 06-13-2002 11:23:44 PM
I did, or else I wouldn't be here.

But what the hell did it? It's just disconcerning.

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Suddar Williams
SUDAR WILAMS
posted 06-13-2002 11:25:40 PM
It might be because your connection failed and was never re-enabled until after you rebooted. I'm assuming you rebooted because you said it was disabled on startup and for it to be disabled on startup you'd have to restart...unless it was disabled before your connection failed, in which case we'll just blame it on the Windows gnomes and move on with life.
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 06-13-2002 11:26:29 PM
quote:
Kegwen 2.0 thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
But what the hell did it?

Do any of your neighbors have lawn gnomes? Because that probably has nothing to do with it.

Although it could.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: