EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Microphone ish screwy, need quick answer
Palou
Lounge Lizard
posted 05-18-2002 05:13:13 PM
Okay, mic works... new computer doesnt seem to detect it though... Isnt there a config program or somethin? I cant find it if there is.
Palou Sabaco
The Sexiest Lizard in Kelethin!
[Povar]
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 05-18-2002 05:15:11 PM
if it's just a regular microphone the computer doesn't need to detect it?

it's just input...

Ninok
31337 UBB hax0r
posted 05-18-2002 05:17:36 PM
First, check mic to be plugged into correct spot. Then check to make sure correct drivers are installed for soundcard, or find better ones.....

THEN!!!!

check to make sure windows doesn't have the mic muted (Windows loves to do that)

Old Skool Has returned from the Dead
Palou
Lounge Lizard
posted 05-18-2002 05:18:09 PM
Well as I've explained, that isnt the case here. I've made it work before with a config program that came with halflife for voice setup but I dont have it with me
Palou Sabaco
The Sexiest Lizard in Kelethin!
[Povar]
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-18-2002 05:18:19 PM
There shouldn't be any need for the computer to detect it. Make sure it's plugged into the sound card, and that should be it--you'll enable it via software in programs designed for mic input.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Kermitov
Pancake
posted 05-18-2002 05:18:56 PM
ahh, when you said the microphone works I though you meant it worked

yeah usually when they don't work the mic is either muted or the record level is way low.

Ninok
31337 UBB hax0r
posted 05-18-2002 05:19:44 PM
Double click on speaker Icon in system tray, if you don't see Microphone, click on options, then select advanced properties, it should show up
Ninok
31337 UBB hax0r
posted 05-18-2002 05:20:27 PM
If you are talking about using the Mic in CS, you have to assign the Voice input Key on a fresh install in CS!
Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-18-2002 06:48:59 PM
quote:
Ninok had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Double click on speaker Icon in system tray, if you don't see Microphone, click on options, then select advanced properties, it should show up

Be sure to change the volume control from Playback Properties to Recording Properties, from the Advanced menu option. That controls the volume input levels.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: