EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I just got a new cell phone
Maradon!
posted 05-02-2002 11:57:38 AM
It says to charge the battery for 14 hours. It's been charging for two.

They also want me to activate my service as soon as possible.

Should I....activate now? Or should I wait until it's charged all 14 hours?

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-02-2002 11:59:16 AM
Two words: battery memory.

Leave it charging.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-02-2002 12:08:21 PM
quote:
Mortious stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

Leave it charging.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Maradon!
posted 05-02-2002 12:19:51 PM
quote:
Mortious attempted to be funny by writing:

See, I thought the same thing, but on thier website...

quote:
Although battery memory may occasionally be encountered in preMillennium units using nickel cadmium (nicad) battery packs, the T193 employs a Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-Mh) battery. This newer battery technology does not exhibit the memory problems that longtime portable device users may be familiar with. The need to try to scrupulously "deep cycle" a battery pack, that is, fully charge and then fully discharge the batteries, is no longer an issue. The new battery packs will not develop a memory and are very forgiving of short or varied discharge times.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-02-2002 12:23:18 PM
Cell phones are shiny. I like shiny.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 05-02-2002 12:24:24 PM
quote:
Karnaj thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Cell phones are shiny. I like shiny.

Mine is indeed shiny. Shiny shiny.

And it has AIM on it too. I didn't want it, but they gave it to me anyway...

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-02-2002 12:25:16 PM
That was nice of them. Did you get 30 bazillion night and weekend minutes, too?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 05-02-2002 12:29:03 PM
quote:
Karnaj attempted to be funny by writing:
That was nice of them. Did you get 30 bazillion night and weekend minutes, too?

Better: Infinite!

Only got 200 peak minutes though.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-02-2002 12:41:24 PM
NiMH batteries are not completely free of the memory effect, though they are much better than NiCad.

Batteries are strange creatures. If you want peak performance, you should follow the instruction. Otherwise, you're just asking for shorter battery life overall, as well as between chargings.

If you don't charge it fully, as per directions, it'll put out less juice for a shorter period of time, essentially.

Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 05-02-2002 12:42:23 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Maradön? wrote:
Mine is indeed shiny. Shiny shiny.

And it has AIM on it too. I didn't want it, but they gave it to me anyway...

OH! Are you going to cut the thumbs off of all your gloves so you can type on your phone better and faster!?

Delphi
I walk in the Light
Facing the Darkness Boldly
I fear no Evil
Maradon!
posted 05-02-2002 12:46:12 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis obviously shouldn't have said:
OH! Are you going to cut the thumbs off of all your gloves so you can type on your phone better and faster!?

I don't have any gloves...

Rolin
Pancake
posted 05-02-2002 01:34:15 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Delphi Aegis stammered:
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having gloves?
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
keep them doggies rollin'
boy my ass is swolen, rawhide!

The universe is obsolete.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-02-2002 01:50:35 PM
quote:
Maradön? had this to say about (_|_):
Better: Infinite!

Only got 200 peak minutes though.

The plan I have (Im on my grandpa's cell plan) gives us like 300 minutes total, though we RARELY use the cell phones, so thats more than enough. We have yet to go over 300 minutes total between me, him and my grandma.

Caela
Crazed Ex-Angel
posted 05-02-2002 03:10:36 PM
My cell phone is spiffy. 400 hrs, free nights and weekends, no long distance EVER, and no roaming charges. It also is a two way radio with other people on my plan (read, rest of my family) that does not use minutes and can connect anywhere in the US. And on top of all that...I don't have to pay a cent. MWAHAHAHAHA
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. " - the "Professor" - The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress
Maradon!
posted 05-02-2002 07:38:33 PM
quote:
Caela was listening to Cher while typing:
My cell phone is spiffy. 400 hrs, free nights and weekends, no long distance EVER, and no roaming charges. It also is a two way radio with other people on my plan (read, rest of my family) that does not use minutes and can connect anywhere in the US. And on top of all that...I don't have to pay a cent. MWAHAHAHAHA

Well you're obviously either stealing or working for a phone company, which completely disqualifies you for bragging rights.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-02-2002 08:18:04 PM
I have 600 or 800 minutes (I can't remember which) on mine, no roaming or long distance anywhere in the US.

I have a VisorPhone, which plugs into my Visor Prism. It has a built-in modem, and I can surf the web (full content) or send e-mail from my cellular.

Also, it is multi-standard, so I don't have to buy a new phone when I go to Europe--it handles European and Asian frequencies as well as US.

Caela
Crazed Ex-Angel
posted 05-02-2002 09:53:16 PM
quote:
Maradön?'s unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Well you're obviously either stealing or working for a phone company, which completely disqualifies you for bragging rights.

Newp, no phone company and it was all freely given. *grins*

The owner of the store I'm co-managing just happens to be my step-dad, and he's the one paying for it...for business use of course Nepotism at it's finest.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. " - the "Professor" - The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress
Maradon!
posted 05-02-2002 10:07:14 PM
Why is it that the *grins* quasi-emote just pisses me right off?

No offense, I'm sure that wasn't your aim.

Caela
Crazed Ex-Angel
posted 05-02-2002 10:25:50 PM
I don't know, why does it? I truly am curious. For me, it is merely an amused facial expression. Believe me, it wasn't my intention to piss anyone off. Most especially considering how the boards have been going up in flames constantly as of late. Had I an inclination toward that sort of behavior, I would have started it long ago.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: