EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I met an innocent today.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-22-2002 02:02:55 AM
The only innocent I've ever seen that's not a young child.

Sort of.

He was sixtyish, and so sadly disabled that he saw the world like say, a four-yrold would.

Innocence seems to come at a terrible price, I guess.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-22-2002 02:08:50 AM
Aye
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 04-22-2002 02:23:01 AM
Hugs

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-22-2002 02:24:24 AM
What's more sad, I think, is that most time someone has to suffer a catastrophic injury or a vicious disease to reach innocence. You don't grow old and get your innocence back. Either you were handicapped early or something happened. You don't get to choose that option. It's forced on you.

I mean I know some people hurt so bad they don't want to handle things. Sometimes they try to kill themselves. Problem is if they don't succeed there's a good chance they've damaged themself in some severe way. Lucky ones get off with paralysis. Unlucky ones get to keep the memories but no longer have the mental competancy to deal with them. A humiliating way to end one's days, to say the least.

People bemoan the loss of innocence. I think the shame in loss of innocence isn't so much in the fact you're growing up. It's not the loss of innocence itself, it's the fact that the world can't work that way. And what's worse than even that is the fact that some people can't come to grips with it.

Or in some folks' case, the fact that they're forced into a position where they can't come to grips with it anymore.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-22-2002 02:39:52 AM
This guy was born that way... I found out that much. His mind just stayed as that of a little kid all his life...
Solstyce
Vampiric pixie that might eat your face, if you're lucky
posted 04-22-2002 09:27:06 AM
P'raps 'cause he'd want to? You never know what goes on in someone's head unless they spend long hours detailing it to you. Sometimes I wonder if that kind of thing, staying mentally really young is more of a defense than not...

As someone who was "lock 'er up and pin 'er down" crazy at more than one time in my life, it's scary to think how much of an escape just... being like that can be.

Or maybe I'm rambling.

Yeah.

Shhh. Everyone will hear us. Everyone will know.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: