EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I think I shall just start telling Druids 'sow plz'..
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 04-12-2002 09:27:31 AM
..it's so much easier.

This is an actual conversation from this morning. Names changed to protect the not so innocent!

You tell Druid, "Can I grab a spirit of wolf real quick? I need to run through FM and most of the stuff there still beats me."

Druid tells you, "sorry i need one more level before i can"

/who Druid

Players in EverQuest:
38 Druid (Druid)
There are (1) players in EverQuest.

You tell Druid, "Uhm.. you get spirit of wolf at 14, but nevermind."

Druid tells you, "no we get it at 39 i can sow you tho"

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Maelarr
Pancake
posted 04-12-2002 09:28:43 AM
Time for the old GU questoin...Idiot or Ebay?

All Empires Fall, You just have to know where to push- Me
Cleric Rogue Sigpic
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 04-12-2002 09:31:36 AM
quote:
Siliddar enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Time for the old GU questoin...Idiot or Ebay?
Maradon!
posted 04-12-2002 09:33:36 AM
Even if it is Ebay, it's still an idiot.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 04-12-2002 09:34:28 AM
LOL

I'm guessing a bit of Idiot and E-Bay.

Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 04-12-2002 09:34:41 AM
quote:
Maradön? had this to say about Cuba:
Even if it is Ebay, it's still an idiot.

Double the Fun!

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 04-12-2002 10:10:09 AM
sow plz @!#!@#!%
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Caanis Lupus
Rub me?
posted 04-12-2002 12:54:45 PM
doh!

I actually like it when they use like a real fooking sentence or something even if they use SoW instead of Spirit of the Wolf. Sow plz gets a shrug from me. Or I will SoW EVERYONE next to me besides the SoW begger. When I play my alts(non are sow casters) I never ask for SoW even if I am on a CR. That and wolf forming large races that are to damn lazy to go to Felwithe and insist on trying to use the bank in Kelethin.

Maradon!
posted 04-12-2002 01:29:15 PM
I actually got "DMF now plz" once at the DL luclin spires.

I DMF'd everyone else at the spires, and repeatedly /laughed at him. Everybody else joined in too, it was great fun. A bunch of people floating and /laughing one guy.

Then he petitioned me, and the GM /laughed at him too.

Then I DMF'd him after a while. because I'd felt he'd learned his lesson.

[ 04-12-2002: Message edited by: Maradön? ]

/dev/null
Pancake
posted 04-12-2002 01:45:43 PM
I still enjoy getting "SoW plz" requests on my necromancer....

clueless twits... just because someone is /anon doesn't mean they're a chanter, cleric of drood.

Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 04-12-2002 02:44:35 PM
Funny. With my Warriors, I get asked for SoWs, buffs, heals, clarities, money, equipment... (actually received a tell from someone asking me for all of my equipment...) Pretty much everything except joining a group.

Which reminds me... Once, I saw a group of 5 casters at the orc camp. I offered to join, they declined. When I asked why, I was told by the wizard:

"Oh, we'll be fine, we don't need any tanks. I have 82HP, and 37AC."

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 04-12-2002 03:56:00 PM
I had my necro in Highhold last night and the night before. She's 19th level now, was about 17th at the time. First thing when I join "Can I have Dead Man Floating?"

We all had a nice chuckle when I pointed out I don't get it till 44th level

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 04-12-2002 03:59:56 PM
I love that..

had a somebody run up to my woodelf warrior, mind you wielding a 2 hander and level 10

"Hey, can I get a -"
so and so inspects you
"two handed sword?"
"yep"
"Not a druid..."
"nope"

he runs off.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-12-2002 04:01:46 PM
*laughs*

I've had people ask my *chanter* for SoW. And she wasn't even anon. Plus she's sitting there in a long ass robe, holding a staff, rather than in leathers holding some sort of ouchie weapon.

Mightion Defensor
posted 04-12-2002 04:12:19 PM
I've been asked for SoW while carrying a sword and shield in full Ro armor.
Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 04-12-2002 04:22:59 PM
There I am, standing in full bronze, dual wielding two swords as a troll...

"Can I get a sow?"

i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-12-2002 04:23:40 PM
Some people need to grow a brain

Schalaa Zeal
Stand Tall
and Shake your (_|_)!!
posted 04-12-2002 04:40:04 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived RPC stammered:
I still enjoy getting "SoW plz" requests on my necromancer....

clueless twits... just because someone is /anon doesn't mean they're a chanter, cleric of drood.

I get asked for SoW and buffs all the time. I'm NEVER anon or roleplay.
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 04-12-2002 05:44:52 PM
Got endless SoW request for my dwarven cleric Dwarves can't even become druids, much less any class that can SoW.
"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-12-2002 05:50:33 PM
Everyone assumes that Barbarians can SOW. I'll be standing around as my Barb Warrior, half clad in crafted armor, and some ninny will walk up to me, look at the sword I have in each hand, consider the fact I'm in crafted armor and ry'gorr leggings and say, "SOW LEV for CR PLZ" in places like Sol A

I kid you not.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Solstyce
Vampiric pixie that might eat your face, if you're lucky
posted 04-12-2002 05:55:37 PM
I was once asked for summoned bandages as an Enchie. I told them I was an enchanter, and I got, and I quote, "BS ur a mage summon bandages 4 me plx".

It eventually got so bad that I had to summon one of my crap pets, and he STILL didn't leave me alone. Enchie pets = obviously not mage pets.

Oy...

Shhh. Everyone will hear us. Everyone will know.
Tier the Genius™
Dark Elf Pimp
posted 04-12-2002 05:57:48 PM
Yamaneco can sow. He's the magician sower of Prexus.
/dev/null
Pancake
posted 04-12-2002 05:57:52 PM
*pokes Sol*

C3 plz. VoG too.

Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
Taylen
Pancake
posted 04-12-2002 08:31:45 PM
I normally sow anyone that asks for it because I'm way too nice. I get asked for a lot of rezzes though. Still waiting on that ranger rez spell. I run around in green chainmail and duel weild large swords of course I must be a paladin or cleric.
"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-12-2002 08:33:53 PM
Since taking over as guildleader for the guild I'm in, I've become a lot nicer when people ask for SoW. Usually whenever someone asks, however they ask, I do it. I want the guild to get a good reputation, and myself as Lyinar to get one, so prospective members will look favorably on us.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-12-2002 08:54:29 PM
My Shaman's generally pretty nice so long as people remember to be polite. Ask first, and I'll SOW you. If you're really in need (like a Barbarian warrior on a long-distance corpse retrieval last night) or I'm in a good mood, I'll probably put all my good buffs on you.

But I HATE it when I'm sitting in a zone and someone starts trying to grief people into buffs or the like. I was sitting in EFP at the gate once working on my divination and some asshole (who wasn't even where I was) starts getting snippy about how Shamans should just buff people. Not can I have some buffs, not a particular grief from a dungeon. Just some level 2 punk looking for a handout and rather than asking me, he starts this grief line.

I don't even put up with that from friends.

So you understand how irked I get when I was moving my one wood elf from the Butcherblock docks one morning back to GFay and some punk starts harassing me for a SOW and a Lev. Bronze warrior helmet? check. Bronze legs? check. Chest? check. boots? check. banded sleeves? check. TWO HANDED SWORD!? check. I was the only wood elf in the zone. And he kept sending me tells and when I wouldn't give him a SOW he starts bitching in /ooc and shout.

Imagine how amused I was when a Pathfinder who happened to be in the zone says "He's not Anon or roleplaying. He's a warrior, n00b." Then the guy asked the Pathfinder for a SOW and a Lev.

*shakes his head* the tactics some people use.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: