EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Celestial Remedy
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 04-06-2002 08:01:47 AM
Is there any real point to spell after 24?

It takes longer to cast, costs more mana, heals less, and heals over time compared to greater heal.

Just curious if it's useful somehow, or I should pass it on to the back of my spellbook.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 04-06-2002 08:23:46 AM
Aggro management? Hell if I know.
hey
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 04-06-2002 08:34:25 AM
Having never played a cleric, I can only say

"As long as it keeps me alive"

Mod
Pancake
posted 04-06-2002 09:09:22 AM
/shrug, maybe you could cast celestial remedy, then chain gheals untill it wears off for a higher HP healed / Time ratio, if you're fighting something that does a lot of damage compared to your tank's HP. Just a thought though.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 04-06-2002 09:22:51 AM
quote:
Modrakien had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
/shrug, maybe you could cast celestial remedy, then chain gheals untill it wears off for a higher HP healed / Time ratio, if you're fighting something that does a lot of damage compared to your tank's HP. Just a thought though.

It heals less than gheal, and takes longer to cast.

If I healed BEFORE the fight, I suppose... but still.

[ 04-06-2002: Message edited by: Za'Yth ]

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 04-06-2002 09:35:19 AM
Heal over time spells have great uses.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Suddar Williams
SUDAR WILAMS
posted 04-06-2002 12:19:00 PM
Go go regens for powerleveling warriors.
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 04-06-2002 12:40:37 PM
quote:
Black Mage stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Heal over time spells have great uses.

I still don't get this one though. If it cost the same mana as gheal, yes. But it costs 40 mana more.

Pacifica
Pancake
posted 04-06-2002 02:28:18 PM
It would be a lot more useful if it didn't take 190 mana. Or if it healed a lot more. Or was a mana sieve like my brother's Thunder of Karana spell.

Wait, scratch that last one....

Pacifica
Cleric Of Mithaniel Marr, Xegony Server
Wields Spiky Mace
"If at first you don't succeed, get the warrior a rez."
Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 04-06-2002 02:32:22 PM
I think it's supposed to be less agro or something.
i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Maelarr
Pancake
posted 04-06-2002 03:00:51 PM
yea, it is less aggro...but I personally have never had any issues with aggro from healing, unless its with a large group of mobs, i.e. more then 2. and when we only have one tank, no necro/chanter/bard. In such cases I simply blind the add and stay out of its new crappy sight range. Problem solved.

All Empires Fall, You just have to know where to push- Me
Cleric Rogue Sigpic
Tier the Genius™
Dark Elf Pimp
posted 04-06-2002 03:10:38 PM
The only thing that keeps this suicidal monk alive is chain healing. So, no to Celestial Remedy!
Maelarr
Pancake
posted 04-06-2002 03:21:11 PM
quote:
So quoth Tier:
The only thing that keeps this suicidal monk alive is chain healing. So, no to Celestial Remedy!

/agree
If I am in say...a KFC group. Hypothetically, not really possible since Maelarr is in Loio.
And the group consists of, A Monk, A Bard, A Shammy, and myself.
Say the monk is an idiot and pulls an avocet when I'm at 20% mana. He's getting beat down pretty well. He's almost dead by the time either spell hits, and I have 2 choices. Gheal and yell for everyone to run to the zone...or cele remedy him and tell everyone to run to the zone. Now depending on the lvl of the monk, If I Gheal him, he will be pretty close to full health. And since the shammy is a good little shammy, we all have a nice fresh sow on everyone. So he will have a nice big hp boost and we'll all run and make it to safety. cele heal wont start healing until a tick goes by. So he's already going to be having a runspeed loss, and by the time the spell starts healing, he'll almost be unconcious, so ok, back up a bub...still running slow...beat down...healed...still slow...cycle continues till heal is spent and he summarily dies.

Gheal however will bring him well past 50% health, and that means NO runspeed loss. Sow will easily outrun the avocet.We all make it to the zone, everyone is happy because nobody died.

In my opinion Celestial Remedy is crap. It heals about as fast as the mob can dish out. May be nice at the begining of the fight, but not really worth the huge mana cost IMO.

All Empires Fall, You just have to know where to push- Me
Cleric Rogue Sigpic
Lalian Viajante
Pancake
posted 04-06-2002 04:11:56 PM
Consider it training for the other heal over time spells... They can be tricky to time.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: