EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Umm, if anyone can decipher dreams...
Waisztarroz
I love democracy
posted 04-01-2002 01:08:50 PM
WTF does this mean? I kept taking over trucks, pushing the driver out, and then jackknifing (turning the truck over off the road) them. I did this about three or four times before the dream ended.

Waisztarroz has some weird dreams, yo.

Yes, that's right, hot live sex!
There's a raptor behind you.
Resident grammar whore.
Warning, flames imminent!
Dead Tired
Is usually a girl
posted 04-01-2002 01:11:06 PM
Maybe that's how you're going to die?

Beautiful day isn't it?

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 04-01-2002 01:11:41 PM
You've been playing GTA 3 too much.
Waisztarroz
I love democracy
posted 04-01-2002 01:12:24 PM
quote:
Ferret had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
You've been playing GTA 3 too much.

But I haven't been playing it at all.

Resident grammar whore.
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 04-01-2002 01:13:16 PM
Then maybe it means you will play it too much...
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 04-01-2002 01:13:40 PM
You must be a FREEEEEEEEAK.

Give all your valuable possessions to me and commit yourself to the nearest sanitarium.

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 04-01-2002 01:30:20 PM
This is what the dream means:

There will be 7 years of plenty, then a 7 year famine. Make sure your people store grain in barns in preparation for the 7 years of famine.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-01-2002 01:35:33 PM
Gyd is a Bible person. FLAEM FLAEM!

Ok, joke, I'm a Presbyterian.

Go Joseph.

Waisztarroz
I love democracy
posted 04-01-2002 01:36:45 PM
quote:
Gydyon had this to say about Cuba:
This is what the dream means:

There will be 7 years of plenty, then a 7 year famine. Make sure your people store grain in barns in preparation for the 7 years of famine.

My people?

Resident grammar whore.
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 04-01-2002 01:40:35 PM
quote:
Waisztarroz had this to say about dark elf butts:
My people?

Sorry. I think I was confused. Wrong dream.

Nice catch, Keg.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 04-01-2002 01:54:26 PM
And you're secretly homosexual.
Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 04-01-2002 02:00:25 PM
The nearest thing I can think of is that it is a manifestation of your subconscious death-drive (don't worry, everyone has this). The death drive is often expressed through a preoccupation with reckless or dangerous behavior. Also, I have taken a one-semester psychology class, so I'm not completely talking out of my ass.

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-01-2002 10:24:06 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Bloodcookie wrote:
The nearest thing I can think of is that it is a manifestation of your subconscious death-drive (don't worry, everyone has this). The death drive is often expressed through a preoccupation with reckless or dangerous behavior. Also, I have taken a one-semester psychology class, so I'm not completely talking out of my ass.

Siiiggmuund! Don't peeck your nose!

SIGMUND!

Tristan
Vidi, vici, veni.
Nae's Stooge
posted 04-01-2002 10:29:01 PM
quote:
Bloodcookie obviously shouldn't have said:

You left out the part about he wanting to do his mom, otherwise, WTG!

Veni, vidi, vici
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 04-01-2002 10:33:36 PM
It's also possible that you feel your routine is becoming self-destructive. For example, if your routine was to read for two hours every evening, you may subconsciously know that your social life could suffer for it.

The fact that you're hijacking trucks could allude to a fear of dragging someone into this cycle.

[EDIT] Wait a minute. Let me elaborate.
In dream interpretation, you can't take every image literally. While asleep, your brain is still working for hell n' highwater, and it processes many thoughts, images, and whatnot.
So, instead of taking all that information at face value, we have to figure out why certain images or actions are appearing.

In this case, we have a blatantly self-destructive act which is being repeated.

That's where I got my interpretation from.

[ 04-01-2002: Message edited by: Sentow ]

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Ezvien
Owes Drysart $40
posted 04-01-2002 10:34:34 PM
Maybe someone you hate is going to drive a truck past you when youre feeling really mad, and then you hijack it, then get all reckless and crap and steer off the road.
*lurk*
Waisztarroz
I love democracy
posted 04-01-2002 10:53:54 PM
I'll elaborate a little more from what little I remember...

These trucks always had a driver and his dog. Every time I cut a hole in the side of the truck with wire cutters (don't ask how) to push them out of the truck, then I would jackknife it.

At the end, there was some construction going on that I drove through, and I remember the truck was full of burritos (but I think that was comedic value).

Resident grammar whore.
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 04-02-2002 12:34:26 AM
Hmmm... if you drove the truck THROUGH the construction then jacknifed it, then it could mean rough times are ahead and you're gonna fall flat on your ass 4 times. By making bad descisions and whatnot. The trucks could be descisions...or you. Maybe you're pushing aside some part of your personality, then driving through this problem with it, but only failing miserably.

And you...like burritos? =p

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Waisztarroz
I love democracy
posted 04-02-2002 12:36:25 AM
It was only the last truck that had burritos/went through the construction zone. Yes, it went through, then jacknifed. I also remember fearing getting caught by authorities there because I'd be going through there with people in it.

[ 04-02-2002: Message edited by: Waisztarroz ]

Resident grammar whore.
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 04-02-2002 12:45:30 AM
Hmmm...maybe the first 3 have no affect on anything, but the last one really affects people and you fear it ruining relationships/feelings with yourself/others?...
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 04-02-2002 06:30:22 AM
I think it just means that you need to lay off the Taco Bell before bed.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-02-2002 09:14:54 AM
quote:
Gydyon thought about the meaning of life:
Nice catch, Keg.

w00t.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: