EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Patch Message for today!
Lashanna
noob
posted 03-19-2002 06:10:22 PM
Changes for Low Level Characters

Characters no longer lose experience for death below level 11
Characters now begin first level with a stack of 20 food and drink
Items no longer appear on a corpse if you are below level 10, they reappear with the character
When a character "dings" level 10 you will be informed that your items will now be on your corpse
Characters will no longer appear with a Tome of Discord. They must get one from the Priest of Discord
New resurrection, evacuate and corpse summoning spells have been added at lower levels
We've moved the newbie bind points closer to where characters first start out, not outside in their newbie areas
Halflings and Gnomes have new classes available to them: Halfling Rangers and Paladins as well as Gnome
ShadowKnights and Paladins. All of the necessary NPCs and items should be available for these new classes
Alternate Advancement Abilities

Divine Stun is now an activated ability on a 30 second reuse timer with a chance to interrupt NPCs up to level 60
Most targeting issues with Alternate Advancement abilities should be fixed
Rampage should now consider all viable targets, including PvP targets
Metabolism should be working properly now
Scribble Notes should reduce memorization times to an even greater extent than it did before
Spells/Songs

Fixed a bard lockup bug that would occur randomly with during cast time
Fixed a song bug that was causing songs to be stuck on, triggered by contact proc buffs procs (such as Boon of the Garou)
The new Cleric and Paladin Resurrection line of spells are now available on vendors
The new corpse summoning spell is now available on vendors, as are the appropriate coffins
The new Evacuate spells are now available on vendors
Memory Blur, Mind Wipe, Blanket of Forgetfulness, Memory Flux, Glamour of Kintaz and Rapture have been given a greater chance of clearing the 'hate list'
Glamour of Kintaz and Rapture also have longer durations
Egress and Abscond have a reduced mana cost and a lesser chance to fizzle
Judgement has been improved to make it a better upgrade from the previous spell in the spell line
Shaman group buff spells (Tumultuous Strength and the Talisman spells - Cat, Brute, Rhino, and Raptor) have been improved to be more in line with the single target versions of those spells.
Added a new line of spells for Magicians that summons focus items
/pet get lost will now kill the buff as well as the familiar
Marzin's Mark now stack with Protection of the Glades
Improved the way that Abolish Disease/Poison and Counteract Disease/Poison work
Fixed it so that whenever a player loses the chance to click on a resurrection dialogue box (such as entering the inventory screen), the game will react as if the user had clicked "no". This should prevent cases where the player can not be resurrected unless they logged out
"Sense" spells should now work while on a horse
Shield of Auras effect has had a stacking issue with Clarity fixed and the component removed
Skin of Shadow has had its night only restriction removed
Demi Lich is now a level 56 spell
Arch Lich has been improved
Translocate spells no longer require that the target be grouped with the caster. Also, the dialog box for this spell will remain longer
Added Sicken and Tainted Breath to a merchant in Shar Vahl
Levitation spells now check to see if you have a second Levitation type spell when it wears off before hurling you to the ground
Eye of Tallon has a longer duration
Spell memorization speed should now take +Meditate% skill items into account
Bard song memorization time should now be faster and is affected by attributes
Zones

Changed safe spot in Kedge Keep to actually be a safe spot
The Beastlord trainer in Firiona Vie is now more friendly to Beastlords of all types
Vyzh`dra the Cursed has been adjusted to help balance the risk versus reward associated with the encounter
Items

Sleeper's Tomb Key is now Soulbound
Wand of Casual Blessings is not longer usable by Half-Elves, and is usable by Dark Elves and Gnomes. It also now looks like a staff and not a bag
Corrected some of the Velious quest helm graphics. All helms of this type are no longer displaying a graphic (as intended) and the 'customized' plate helms should all now have graphics (also as intended)
Custom Malevolent Crown should now be the same color as the rest of the armor set
The Beastlord Epic item has been changed to be more in line with other epic items
Grimling Tribal Headdress is now a "head" item and should be equippable
Thexian Loop has had its Haste increased
Headband of Many Visions now grants Deadeye instead of See Invisible
Shield of the Swamp should now have a graphic
Shield of Auras should now have a graphic
Combat

Pets are now more likely to avoid NPC ripostes
Wizards now have an inherent chance to score a critical blast with their damage spells after 11th level. This ability does not lessen the chance of scoring a critical hit with Alternate Experience abilities that grant criticals
Client/Interface

Added /dopropertinting command. This command allows you to turn on and off the "DoProperTinting" option in the eqclient.ini file. Activating this command should correct most tinting issues (such as armor tint also tinting the character's skin). But if it causes issues you can toggle it off by using /dopropertinting off
Added /chat commands, that allow players to create their own chat channels. Please read the eqmanual_supplement.doc in your EverQuest directory for more information
Added /hitsmode command. This command allows you to more finely control how you see hits, including seeing them in a window other than your chat window. Please see the eqmanual_supplement.doc for more details
Added /clearhits to clear the current hits in the M2-M5 modes of the /hitsmode command. Again, please see the eqmanual_supplement for more information
Added /showgrass command. This toggles the radial flora (Luclin only) on and off
Added options in the Options screen (under Chat Filter) for filtering out Melee and Spell criticals. Options are All/Me/Off. These can also be activated using the /filter command, and will affect critical hit, critical blast, exceptional heal, and crippling blow messages
Changed /filter to allow you to toggle the various chat filter settings (still also lets you toggle the badwords filter)
Changed /channel to allow you to set your default chat channel. It also now saves this setting in the INI file
Changed the /targetgroupbuff command to be 'persistent'. The state of the switch will be stored in the eqclient.ini file and will be remembered when you log out or zone
Fixed the double messages received when "Soandso's song ends"
Mend should be working properly. "Can not use Mend for x seconds" can still appear, but you now should be able to use mend at the appropriate time
Fixed bug in the client that caused a "You are out of Ammo message" even when you still had ammo
Messages should no longer be lost while you are zoning
Corpses that are made to appear at the "safe spot" of a zone for any reason can now be moved using /corpse as long as the person using the command has /consent for that corpse
Added "AllLuclinPcModelsOff" line to the eqclient.ini file which, if set to TRUE, will skip the loading of all of the Luclin PC models (except the Vah Shir, which always gets loaded no matter what this is set to). This should allow players to set the loading of each race and sex individually for their normal game play, but then quickly turn all models off for a raid or other such circumstances
Added /rtarget function (can be used as /rt). This function targets the last character to send you a /tell. It follows all of the rules for /target
Messages sent to you while you are zoning should be saved and sent to you when you reach the other side of the zone. Messages should no longer be lost while zoning (unless zoning takes more than about 10 minutes for any reason)
You should be able to keep typing whatever you were in the middle of typing when you zoned... but it might not be processed till you're in the new zone
If someone is on your ignore list and they do a /random, you shouldn't see it anymore
Pathing

Corrected some pathing in Ak'Anon that was preventing some NPCs from reaching certain areas
Corrected some pathing issues in Acrylia Caverns
Corrected a problem with the entrance from Hollowshade Moor into Paludal Caverns that was preventing Beastlord Warders from entering the zone
Miscellaneous

Many cases where characters would stab themselves with their weapons when sitting should have been eliminated
Player characters no longer broadcast their location when they are stationary. This should reduce the resources used and improve gameplay
Fixed a problem that was causing some users to see blocky, unblended terrain where terrain types meet
Critical hit messages from spells now take into account PvP damage calculations. The actual damage was calculated correctly, it was just displaying wrong on the critical message
Fixed canoes, they should move forward and backwards normally again
We have been working to prevent characters from being stuck in the game after link death in such a way that prevents the player from logging back in. Players should be able to log back in no more than 5 minutes after going link dead in all situations
Added Sharvahl as a "home zone" for Vahshir when taking PvP racial faction hits into account
We have fixed the ATI flashing problem that some players with certain cards were having when inventory window was up

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Lashanna
noob
posted 03-19-2002 06:11:16 PM
The Wizard Crits are an especially big deal for me... and I can't wait to get my hands on some Magician Focus Items...
Aaron (the good one)
posted 03-19-2002 06:11:43 PM
http://forums.evercrest.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=022843
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
nem-x
posted 03-19-2002 06:15:52 PM
But this thread automatically trumps any others.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 03-19-2002 06:18:14 PM
The Difference Between these two threads being...

-Lashanna is cool.

-Delidgamond is some bizzare form of crustacean.

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 03-19-2002 06:18:36 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when nem-x said:
This thread automatically trumps any others.
"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-19-2002 06:21:24 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Duck Tales:
The Difference Between these two threads being...

-Lashanna is cool.

-Delidgamond is some bizzare form of crustacean.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Aaron (the good one)
posted 03-19-2002 06:24:19 PM
First is the best
Second is the worst
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 03-19-2002 06:25:52 PM
Tell that to the guy that discovered the lava pit the hard way.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-19-2002 06:32:21 PM
I heard it was third was worst when you're hiking: the first one wakes the snake up, the second annoys it, and the third one gets bitten.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Schalaa Zeal
Stand Tall
and Shake your (_|_)!!
posted 03-19-2002 06:44:35 PM
quote:
Lashanna had this to say about Punky Brewster:
The Wizard Crits are an especially big deal for me... and I can't wait to get my hands on some Magician Focus Items...

I spent 3 bars of mana to get a crit. 14 additional damage. Yay!
Lashanna
noob
posted 03-19-2002 06:46:10 PM
Actually, according to the rhyme when I was a kid...

First is the worst.
Second is the best.
Third is the one with (Insert Treasure, Hairy, whatever) chest.

Kloie
tunactsunamooon
posted 03-19-2002 10:28:28 PM
quote:
Schalaa Zeal had this to say about Pirotess:
I spent 3 bars of mana to get a crit. 14 additional damage. Yay!

I did one awhile ago. 381 nuke, I think. Hit for 431.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 03-19-2002 10:30:07 PM
If the word was huge, and we were judging by your sigpic, you'd be third.

... what?

Schalaa Zeal
Stand Tall
and Shake your (_|_)!!
posted 03-19-2002 10:30:48 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Kloie stammered:
I did one awhile ago. 381 nuke, I think. Hit for 431.

/mumble

Legonaire
Pancake
posted 03-20-2002 06:17:27 AM
After about 3 hours straight with my level 21 wizzie I finally got a crit, spell that does normally 174 damage hit for 222. Just wish they made it hit a little more often
If animals weren't supposed to be eaten, then why are they made out of meat ??
Maelarr
Pancake
posted 03-20-2002 09:20:13 AM
In 40 minutes Emus got 3 crits 1603,and 1650
off the normally 1123 ice comet, and 908 off the 800something draught of fire. Spiffyness.

All Empires Fall, You just have to know where to push- Me
Cleric Rogue Sigpic
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 03-20-2002 09:24:46 AM
Those new mage focus items so totally rock.

Complete Heal can be cast in 8.5 seconds now =) Should make killing the AoW much easier.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
ZaÂ’afiel
Coolest Hamster Pimp Ever!
posted 03-20-2002 09:31:44 AM
i wonder what happened over at verant and stuff.... did they kill the vision ?
"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 03-20-2002 09:40:04 AM
quote:
Anklebitur D'gnome had this to say about the Spice Girls:
i wonder what happened over at verant and stuff.... did they kill the vision ?

Brad and Jeff left. They were the vision

Whats funny is, they are making their own game company...not sure who'd wanna buy a game they make ever again hehe.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Mightion Defensor
posted 03-20-2002 09:42:44 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Reynar said:
Those new mage focus items so totally rock.

Complete Heal can be cast in 8.5 seconds now =) Should make killing the AoW much easier.

** Emergency Patch **

Fixced a problem with the mage summoned focus items that was trivializing certain high-end encounters.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 03-20-2002 09:47:33 AM
Huge whine by Furor on fohguild.com already

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Maradon!
posted 03-20-2002 09:48:02 AM
quote:
Reynar stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
...not sure who'd wanna buy a game they make ever again hehe.

And yet when I said it, I got the Marashroud

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 03-20-2002 11:20:45 AM

Mages ALREADY getting annoyed.

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 03-20-2002 11:23:33 AM
quote:
Black Mage painfully thought these words up:

Fucking funniest quote I have EVER heard.

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Aaron (the good one)
posted 03-20-2002 11:23:37 AM
I was going to post something here, but then I realized it would make no sense and further prove my stupidity, so instead, you get this post
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 03-20-2002 11:25:57 AM
quote:
De lid g am ond got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
but then I realized it would make no sense and further prove my stupidity...
And you still posted it?

Aaron (the good one)
posted 03-20-2002 11:46:28 AM
No, there was an original message, the one you are reading is the reason for me not posting it
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 03-20-2002 11:48:19 AM
Yet, another post further proving your stupidity!

Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 03-20-2002 11:49:12 AM
They only put in the mage focus items because so many mages were leaving the high end game, hence there arent as many mages to summon said focus items, hence its balanced! WHEE!
Delphi
I walk in the Light
Facing the Darkness Boldly
I fear no Evil
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: