EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hey Maraaaadon
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 02-25-2002 10:27:13 AM
Patch day.

They fixed pet lifetaps

Maradon!
posted 02-25-2002 10:29:54 AM
I know!

Thought it'd never happen.

[ 02-25-2002: Message edited by: Maradön? ]

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 02-25-2002 10:32:21 AM
Hypothetically?
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Maradon!
posted 02-25-2002 10:34:39 AM
quote:
Gydyon Waterlapper wrote this stupid crap:
Hypothetically?

No, nothing hypothetical about it.

They're saying the tap bug was affecting all NPC's, but I'm pretty sure that's a load, as Veneril Sathir has been lifetapping quite effectively for a while.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-25-2002 10:34:50 AM
I've been meaning to start a necro. Maybe now I will.

What's some good gear I can minorly twink one out with? I have an Ancient Sensate Eye (4int 4wis 2svd Primary/Secondary) in the bank and I can probably fish up another Dagger of Marnek for the range slot now that I used my first one for my purple headband quest. I'm thinking FBR, Ancient Sensate Cloak, Raw Silk for the rest, but I dunno about jewlery or a weapon.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 02-25-2002 10:37:09 AM
quote:
Maradön? had this to say about (_|_):

They're saying the tap bug was affecting all NPC's, but I'm pretty sure that's a load, as Veneril Sathir has been lifetapping quite effectively for a while.

Different spells.

The one that's been quite broken is SpectreLifetap, and that's not bull, as any chanter with a charmed spectre could tell you.

Venril Sathir's is Soul Drain (or what it's called) and is a proc, not a short-range effect

Maradon!
posted 02-25-2002 10:41:49 AM
quote:
Za'Yth had this to say about dark elf butts:
Different spells.

If that were the problem then they could have easily fixed the bug long ago by replacing the pet lifetap proc with something similar that returned HP.

Either way they're dodging something

quote:
I have an Ancient Sensate Eye (4int 4wis 2svd Primary/Secondary) in the bank and I can probably fish up another Dagger of Marnek for the range slot now that I used my first one for my purple headband quest. I'm thinking FBR, Ancient Sensate Cloak, Raw Silk for the rest, but I dunno about jewlery or a weapon.

Weapon? What kind of class do you think you're playing here? heh.

Go for a harvester/stien of moggok. If you absolutely MUST jab those moss snakes, get an obsidian shard.

Nix the FBR, get a Blackened Crystalline Robe. Better stats, almost as cheap. Dagger of Marnek is a great range item. Still have mine at 50.

As for jewelry: Ballocks to int. Get 200. That's all you'll ever need. After that it's HP HP HP!

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 02-25-2002 10:52:19 AM
quote:
Maradön? had this to say about Pirotess:

Two meanings -- one, that you would only care hypothetically, because of courtse you don't play .

Two, that historically this kind of a change normally breaks and then some bard spell stops working and we get an emergency patch this evening. Has anyone tested 'em yet?

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-25-2002 10:57:13 AM
Speaking of Necros...

Mine is level 25.

What is decent/good gear for him at that level? Right now his staff is crap (Enchanted Teir'Dal Great Staff), his armor is Teir'Dal Chain (but not imbued he also has an advisor robe, but hates wearing a dress). And nothing special beyond that, just some stuff from the Halloween event.

Also, where is a good fairly safe place to solo for exp and loot? Exp being more important right now.

Any help please?

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 02-25-2002 10:57:47 AM
quote:
Maradön? stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Still have mine at 50.

I thought you didn't play EQ?

hey
Maradon!
posted 02-25-2002 12:56:04 PM
quote:
Giantt had this to say about (_|_):
I thought you didn't play EQ?

I don't.

quote:
Originally posted by ImNotTrent:
Mine is level 25.

What is decent/good gear for him at that level?

Hand items: Stien of Moggok, harvester. Maybe a shield of spectral essence if you can get your hands on one (if you do, trade out the stien, just because it's so fuggin lame).

Chest piece: Ditch the tier`dal chain. I hope you didn't pay a lot for it, 'cause you won't sell it for much. Suck it up and get a "Crystalline Robes" or quest for your robe of enshroudment (pretty easy, and good stats), or if you're really stuck on the whole tunic thing, get a netted kelp tunic (pricey!), or a blood weave tunic (also pricey), or a White Scaled Tunic (very cheap, crappy stats, better than non-enchanted tier`dal chain)

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-25-2002 12:58:54 PM
Thanks.

*takes notes*

Now I need a decent place to solo for exp at 25.

Maradon!
posted 02-25-2002 01:00:36 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on ImNotTrent!
Now I need a decent place to solo for exp at 25.

Forest giant fort in Warslicks. Bank at overthere, invis over to fort, have fun.

Once that place turns green, head to Overthere.

Once Overthere turns green, head to Spirocs in tim deep.

Hell, you can get from 25-51 fairly easily without leaving Kunark.

Schalaa Zeal
Stand Tall
and Shake your (_|_)!!
posted 02-25-2002 01:03:12 PM
I have 200int and haven't worn a dress since level 16! I love being a Wizard.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-25-2002 01:04:32 PM
quote:
Maradön? impressed everyone with:
Forest giant fort in Warslicks. Bank at overthere, invis over to fort, have fun.

Once that place turns green, head to Overthere.

Once Overthere turns green, head to Spirocs in tim deep.

Hell, you can get from 25-51 fairly easily without leaving Kunark.

Cool, thanks.

Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 02-25-2002 01:26:54 PM
quote:
Maradön? had this to say about John Romero:

Maybe I'm reading that patch message wrong, but it says "the healing benefit" of lifetaps wasnt working, not the damage portion.. So your pet would tap, but it wouldnt get any health from it. Dunno about Venril, though it is probably a different type of spell.

Delphi
I walk in the Light
Facing the Darkness Boldly
I fear no Evil
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: