EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Wizard Epic question...
Schalaa Zeal
Stand Tall
and Shake your (_|_)!!
posted 02-22-2002 01:04:28 PM
How does a Dark Elf complete the Wizard epic?! I'd have to be UNINVIS in front of the Halas Shaman guild, and under the Felwithe Paladin guild.

Am I the only one that sees something incredibly wrong with that?

Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 02-22-2002 01:06:55 PM
I forget, can inkies sneak?
And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 02-22-2002 01:07:58 PM
I think so... I think they get lvl 1 sneak and hide.
Schalaa Zeal
Stand Tall
and Shake your (_|_)!!
posted 02-22-2002 01:08:06 PM
quote:
Espio had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
I forget, can inkies sneak?

Only hide, and you can't turn in items to NPCs while invisible.

Espio Idsavant
posted 02-22-2002 01:10:05 PM
Wolf form then?

Yea, I know, throw all aspects of roleplaying out the window, having a inky group with a druid so the druid can turn them into a creature of nature, but... since both Halas and Felwithe are 'old world', unless you've been hunting thier guards, wolfform should make you indiff.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-22-2002 01:12:19 PM
or get the enchanter to charm the NPC that you need, that also works...

or you would just work up the faction for where the guy is ya need to tlak to

Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 02-22-2002 01:14:49 PM
Wolfform doesnt work in halas.. They'll kill ya outright. (Wolves of the north killing wolves? Jeez. ) Charming works, as does faction building.. Its not that difficult to build faction, I think...
Delphi
I walk in the Light
Facing the Darkness Boldly
I fear no Evil
Espio Idsavant
posted 02-22-2002 01:16:39 PM
I think shes more concerned about the people around the quest giver aggroing, not the quest giver themselves So... either bring a slew of bards and chanters, or... work on faction... (fun!)

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 02-22-2002 01:17:22 PM
The quest NPC is not the problem, it's all the NPCs AROUND them that are still red to Densetsu!

Have to be uninvis in front of the Halas Shaman guild, with shaman NPCs around, and in my almost 3 years of playing, I've not seen a way to work up faction with Halas Shamans!

Also, you cannot work up Felwithe faction without LOSING Neriak faction, which isn't the greatest of ideas.

I hadn't thought of wolfform though...since these two problem places are in the old world, that might work...

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 02-22-2002 01:20:31 PM
quote:
Densetsu had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
The quest NPC is not the problem, it's all the NPCs AROUND them that are still red to Densetsu!

Have to be uninvis in front of the Halas Shaman guild, with shaman NPCs around, and in my almost 3 years of playing, I've not seen a way to work up faction with Halas Shamans!

Also, you cannot work up Felwithe faction without LOSING Neriak faction, which isn't the greatest of ideas.

I hadn't thought of wolfform though...since these two problem places are in the old world, that might work...

Dontcha remember a while back when they changed most city NPCs to attack wolves on site because druids would ruin a particular faction (say, BB dwarves, or Gnome whatnot) but get indiff by staying in wolfform? Druids cried everywhere, but it stuck.

Delphi
I walk in the Light
Facing the Darkness Boldly
I fear no Evil
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 02-22-2002 01:21:53 PM
quote:
Delphi had this to say about Cuba:
Dontcha remember a while back when they changed most city NPCs to attack wolves on site because druids would ruin a particular faction (say, BB dwarves, or Gnome whatnot) but get indiff by staying in wolfform? Druids cried everywhere, but it stuck.

You can still get a wolfform and turn in DF belts in Freeport, so when did this happen? It's always beent he case in Kunark, Velious, and I'm guessing Luclin, but not in the oldworld.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 02-22-2002 01:21:57 PM
try having a monk atack the quest giver, then run to zone and fd, then have someone ready to snare the questr giver and then imeadily zone out, then with anyluck every npc BUT the quest giver will go away

(keep in mind this is nothing but speculations and i have no way of noig wether or not ANY of this will work)

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Espio Idsavant
posted 02-22-2002 01:22:26 PM
Are we sure that Schalaa is KOS to the shaman? Take her to the Halas zone line, send someone in who is non KOS for sure to target a near by NPC, run back to the zone line, and have Schalaa /assist that person to get a /con. I could have sworn I've seen a screenshot of an inky wizard standing right next to the merchants for thier epic...

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 02-22-2002 01:23:58 PM
quote:
mog had this to say about Cuba:
try having a monk atack the quest giver, then run to zone and fd, then have someone ready to snare the questr giver and then imeadily zone out, then with anyluck every npc BUT the quest giver will go away

(keep in mind this is nothing but speculations and i have no way of noig wether or not ANY of this will work)

Already thought of that, and guildmasters hit for 300+ no matter the class.
Mightion Defensor
posted 02-22-2002 01:26:28 PM
quote:
Densetsu had this to say about Captain Planet:

1. Polar bear pelts off cubs in Everfrost. Turn those in to Cindl in Mac's Kilts and it will raise every barb faction except the rogues.

2. As for Felwithe; Muffins for Pando in West Freeport! Raises all Felwithe factions except merchants.

Espio Idsavant
posted 02-22-2002 01:27:29 PM
Here it is.
http://pub63.ezboard.com/fscarletundergroundforumsfrm3.showMessage?topicID=192.topic

Yes, the first shot has him dead, because he attacked the quest giver outta rage (hehe)

But the second shows a lone darkelf quite clearly standing in the middle of the merchants. I'm thinking its doubtful inkies are KOS here. Or your overlooking a faction raising method that even this dumbass can find

Schalaa Zeal
Stand Tall
and Shake your (_|_)!!
posted 02-22-2002 01:33:16 PM
quote:
Espio had this to say about (_|_):
Are we sure that Schalaa is KOS to the shaman? Take her to the Halas zone line, send someone in who is non KOS for sure to target a near by NPC, run back to the zone line, and have Schalaa /assist that person to get a /con. I could have sworn I've seen a screenshot of an inky wizard standing right next to the merchants for thier epic...

Vanaric came up with an idea that might work. there is a Neriak quest that yields a mask with a single charge of "Illusion: Halfling"...
Schalaa Zeal
Stand Tall
and Shake your (_|_)!!
posted 02-22-2002 01:34:57 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about the Spice Girls:
West Freeport!

Well Shit.

Schalaa's faction standing with The Freeport Militia could not possibly get any worse.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 02-22-2002 01:41:28 PM
You sure about that whole invis, not being able to turn items in thing? Thats how I managed to do the kobold tooth quest in Paineel with my SK. I couldnt do the quest being Dubious. Was indifferent with camo/invis on and was able to do the quest.

of course this was nearly 8-9 months ago. Has it been changed since then?

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 02-22-2002 01:48:42 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Schalaa Zeal wrote:
Well Shit.

Schalaa's faction standing with The Freeport Militia could not possibly get any worse.

No guards near him, though he's a dorf, and there's a ranger next door, so wolf form = good idea.

Schalaa Zeal
Stand Tall
and Shake your (_|_)!!
posted 02-22-2002 01:51:11 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about dark elf butts:
Raises all Felwithe factions except merchants.

But what does it LOWER?

Skaw
posted 02-22-2002 01:52:53 PM
Get the spells you can only buy in Neriak and roast your faction. People do it more often than you think. Knew a DE necro who hunted other necros in Neriak.

PoH stones are weird... I could always walk into the cleric guild and buy them. Even walking around as a human. I've always been naturally dubious there.

[ 02-22-2002: Message edited by: Skaw ]

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 02-22-2002 01:53:13 PM
quote:
Schalaa Zeal had this to say about (_|_):
But what does it LOWER?

Don't think it actually kills any factions. Muffins are good in that way. Everyone loves muffins.

Just ask Adrecia.

Schalaa Zeal
Stand Tall
and Shake your (_|_)!!
posted 02-22-2002 01:57:01 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Skaw wrote:
Get the spells you can only buy in Neriak and roast your faction. People do it more often than you think. Knew a DE necro who hunted other necros in Neriak.

I'll pass.

Skaw
posted 02-22-2002 02:06:05 PM
You could always do the [Red Wine Quest] to raise guard and merchant faction back up. And it doesn't look like [The Spurned] are affected by many DE slayings.

Skaw can bank and buy/sell freely in Neriak thanks to the Red Wine Quest.

[ 02-22-2002: Message edited by: Skaw ]

Mightion Defensor
posted 02-22-2002 02:09:00 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Schalaa Zeal was all like:
But what does it LOWER?

It drops Crushbone Orcs faction.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: