EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Back from the Dead whit art to shiver you
Ukko The Papa Bear
Pancake
posted 02-08-2002 07:30:35 PM
look at this:

ok now that i have you attention

i know i ben dead in the Forum lately, but thats becouse of my work

but now i got sick & passed a full week off (bad i got sick but joy i got free time a bit)

so i toke a few moments to Finish a few peoples drawing that i promessed , & taken on new projects *sigh*

Anyhow, just to say that i still live, that im still wondering the dark corners & such.

also, i like to take moment to Tank a few person, they know who they are just by reading this...

becouse of your suport & making my your Art slave, my skills got beter, good nuff to give me hope...

Thank you kindly

(Hey! Post & give coments )

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-08-2002 07:34:12 PM
Woot! Nice pic hon ^.^ <dances round Ukko> And good to see ya still about
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 02-08-2002 07:35:20 PM
That is nice!
"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 02-08-2002 07:35:59 PM
I like it!

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Ukko The Papa Bear
Pancake
posted 02-08-2002 07:44:06 PM
it be cool that, people i did art for, woud post them here to ... some are lost to me, be fun to see them again (even the Super Deform) =D
Ryuujin
posted 02-08-2002 07:46:42 PM
Dude, that frickin' rocks!

I love the detail on that

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-08-2002 07:49:06 PM
Oooh! I found a cookie! ^.^

Cookie!

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: Katrinity ]

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-08-2002 10:15:56 PM
Nice work Ukko.

And always good to know your not dead.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 02-08-2002 10:39:07 PM
I never did get my super deform even tho I won in the contest
hey
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-08-2002 10:40:28 PM
G-damn Ukko
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-08-2002 10:40:54 PM

Just in case you didn't save a copy of mine for yourself.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 02-08-2002 10:42:08 PM
Very beautiful work Ukko. You draw very detailed pictures. I luv the way you draw Iksars, too.

*Glances at Deth*

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 02-08-2002 10:58:19 PM
Hrmm.... Ok, this may be at the wrong place, but oh well.

Ukko, I am an aspiring artist. I like to believe I have the ability and whatnot, but I have a few questions that I ask everyone whom is in a position to answer.

How do you best proportion the human body? I usually start with the light skeleton, and begin with drawing the head and working my way down. I have heard that the head should come tertiary, with the barrel of the chest and torso first, limbs second, and head third. What is your view?

What kind of pencils and pens do you use, and how much do they generally run you?

What about the paper? What size? What kind of grain does it have, rough or smooth?

How long does it take you to complete a large-scale drawing?

This one is gonna sound REALLY funny.. but... how the heck do you manage to draw without smearing the leads and inks and making the figure look totally faded out? Do you go through hundreds of erasers like I do? (I'm left handed, btw)

If you could answer these, I'd be much obliged.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 02-08-2002 11:03:56 PM
Damn.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 02-08-2002 11:19:02 PM
/shiver
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Ryuujin
posted 02-08-2002 11:54:57 PM
quote:
Black Mage had this to say about dark elf butts:
Very beautiful work Ukko. You draw very detailed pictures. I luv the way you draw Iksars, too.

*Glances at Deth*

ahem

Ukko The Papa Bear
Pancake
posted 02-09-2002 09:20:54 AM
ok Azakias:

first off, i will recomend one book to lurn how to draw:
How To Draw Comics The MARVEL way (by stan lee & John Buscema)

it is a old book, but will tell you how to draw the body verry well, & great tups on making face.

personaly, i start whit one line, & thats the verterbra, then make a stick figuer, the i do head/torso, legs & the arms (legs tell you how long your arms will be)

i use your basic puch pencil 0.5 (i hate wood pencil, makes my hend swet & i hate the feeling hand to wood)

if i ink, & i never do, becouse it takes to much time that i dont have, i recomend water profe, 0.5 0.8 & a 0.2 (& a large marker for the big spots)

becouse i always draw on my small desk & that my scaner is small, i draw on 8X11 paper. if i need to make a large drawing, i usaly make every caracter in defrent paper & put them togeter (always draw entier persone even if you only see 1/2 of them)
i also use, to make comic books, the europen style, not the american still, what is that?
american standar is 11X17 ... i use two 8X11 on the side A & B , then but them togeter (if you read a Asterix, you see on the corner 1A & 1B)
i live whit normal print paper ... it cost to much to draw on anything else =P

the time is relative, 1-2 hours for a skeatch...4 if i never did that sort of things. Dont be afraide to start over, to change, untill you like it
then i retrace my drawing (yes, i retrace the drawing 1 to 3 times) by retracing, i make it Cleaner & you can add stuff, fix stuff & dont need to use Eraser =P
yes it takes time, but the results are out standing.
It also permites me to cheat, if i retrace it good nuff, i dont have to ink it, becouse when i Scan it & use Adobe... not lot people can see the defrance =) 9plus i save time)
so a full drawing can take 2-3 hours to 5-8 hours ... but we talking me doing all the work =) comic book artist, most them, have 2 to 6 people helping them.

now you Wonder how to i pass my hand on the drawing whit out making it all blurry?
Take a 8X11 paper, now fold it in 2, now but that over your drawing & but your Hand over it (need to be folted, slide beter & will draine the sweet good.

i also, when i retrace, try not to pass my paper over the pencil, so i work my way top to butem ( left or right anded dont change a thing)

Ukko The Papa Bear
Pancake
posted 02-09-2002 09:23:41 AM
BTW, i am sorry for people that dint get drawing i was supose to do ... but work got in the way =(

So plz, have mercy

& acept my humble appalogys *bow*

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 02-09-2002 09:56:57 AM
Thank yas, Ukko. I usually draw with generic old computer paper... not anything special, but cheap.
"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-09-2002 03:02:12 PM
Ukko does everything the same way I do! maybe someday I'll be as good as him

*eyes Black Mage* yeah yeah yeah we've already established I can't draw Iksar heads

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Ukko The Papa Bear
Pancake
posted 02-09-2002 09:15:06 PM
actuly, there ezy ...

Iskar head: draw it as if you draw a dog or a Cat (defrent looks)

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-09-2002 10:03:47 PM
I'm so used to drawing Deth's dragon head I tend to draw them like that. Or like a T-Rex head. hehehe.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Ukko The Papa Bear
Pancake
posted 02-11-2002 01:01:28 AM
Actuly, for Dragons, i find Starthing drawing them like Horse

except the arms i draw like humain & Leg like cat like

ex: http://www.bajah.com/moussy/pfolio35.htm

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 02-11-2002 01:26:04 AM
quote:
Ukko The Papa Bear had this to say about John Romero:
Actuly, for Dragons, i find Starthing drawing them like Horse

except the arms i draw like humain & Leg like cat like

ex: http://www.bajah.com/moussy/pfolio35.htm

wow!

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 02-11-2002 03:08:39 AM
Gorgeous picture as always Ukko =)
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 02-11-2002 04:07:04 AM

I love this picture!

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: