EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Superbowl XXXVI
Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 02-02-2002 02:42:56 PM
Who all is going to watch it? I know I am going too, love the commertials.

And Who do you want to win?

I, personally, don't care.

Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Mr. Duck
Likes to ____!
posted 02-02-2002 02:44:36 PM
not watching it. don't like sports at all
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-02-2002 02:45:07 PM
quote:
Mr. Duck had this to say about Tron:
not watching it. don't like sports at all

What he said.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-02-2002 02:46:08 PM
Not watching it, don't care about the ads either.
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 02-02-2002 03:58:43 PM
i'd like the Patriots to win, but there's no chance in hell of that.

i just hope it's not TOO bad of a blowout.

Dordaur
Pancake
posted 02-02-2002 04:01:14 PM
Couldn't care less about who's in it, so I won't watch it.
Stuff.
Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 02-02-2002 04:03:12 PM
Might watch the dog show. Not the game. The game is not the same without Howard.
Who's that crazy kook that's destroying the world. It's Zorc (That's me) It's Zorc and Pals.
Bakura: Did you forget our anniversary, again? (laughter)
Zorc: Yes, I was busy destroying the world (laughter) Slaughtering millions. (Laughter)
Bakura: That's my Zorc.
The blood of the innocents will flow without end. His name is Zorc, and he's destroying the world.
The Flying Zebra
Sexist
posted 02-02-2002 04:07:27 PM
I hope clones of Captain Planet take over the stadium and demand that they be declaired the winners
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 02-02-2002 04:08:32 PM
I'm gonna watch it zealously, since I'm a horrible geek-jock hybrid.

Woohoo!

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-02-2002 04:14:40 PM
Too bad I can't set the VCR to just record the commercials. Never really had an interest in Football as we know it in the US. Soccer (Euro Football) and Basketball always felt more fun, and that's really only as participant sports.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Sassy :D
Pancake
posted 02-02-2002 04:15:38 PM
Superbowl XXX Vi? Is this one of your perverted video game references? Shame on you!
roleplay character ^_^
Sarudani Miolnir
Old-school poster
posted 02-02-2002 04:15:49 PM
I'll probably have it on, but since my next 3D modeling challenge starts tommorow I doubt I'll be paying much attention to the game.

Sar...

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 02-02-2002 05:38:48 PM
Hmmm...

don't even know who's playing...
and I've got a Cyberpunk game tomorrow..

Easy decision!

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 02-02-2002 05:43:04 PM
quote:
Geeorn had this to say about dark elf butts:
i'd like the Patriots to win, but there's no chance in hell of that.

i just hope it's not TOO bad of a blowout.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 02-02-2002 08:35:18 PM
Given the two teams, I'd have to say I prefer the Rams...

hates New England with a passion

The Super Bowl, no matter how little I watch football for the rest of the year, is a holiday for me...

Aaron (the good one)
posted 02-02-2002 10:57:13 PM
GO LIONS!
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 02-03-2002 12:00:22 AM
My associates and I will be watching the super bowl.

The Rules:
1. Each sober alcoholic picks one of the two teams. People already drunk can pick a third team option.

2. When the opposite team of your choosing makes a first down, take a drink.
3. When the opposite team of your choosing scores a field goal, take three drinks.
4. When the opposite team of your choosing scores a touch down, take six drinks
5. When the opposite team of your choosing scores an extra point take a drink.

6. If anyone runs out of bounds, take a drink.
7. If anyone calls time out, take two drinks.
8. If there is a fight of any sort, take three drinks.
9. If a player is injured, salute him and take a drink.
10. If at any point, 5 minutes of game time takes longer then 20 real minutes, take 5 drinks.

Ferrel!
Mr. Duck
Likes to ____!
posted 02-03-2002 12:02:19 AM
quote:
Ferrel had this to say about Pirotess:
My associates and I will be watching the super bowl.

The Rules:
1. Each sober alcoholic picks one of the two teams. People already drunk can pick a third team option.

2. When the opposite team of your choosing makes a first down, take a drink.
3. When the opposite team of your choosing scores a field goal, take three drinks.
4. When the opposite team of your choosing scores a touch down, take six drinks
5. When the opposite team of your choosing scores an extra point take a drink.

6. If anyone runs out of bounds, take a drink.
7. If anyone calls time out, take two drinks.
8. If there is a fight of any sort, take three drinks.
9. If a player is injured, salute him and take a drink.
10. If at any point, 5 minutes of game time takes longer then 20 real minutes, take 5 drinks.

so in other words. take a drink every 5 seconds?

Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 02-03-2002 12:04:43 AM
quote:
Mr. Duck had this to say about John Romero:
so in other words. take a drink every 5 seconds?

That would be correct.

Ferrel!
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-03-2002 12:49:41 AM
I'm not that interested in the Superbowl, to be honest. the most interesting element in it all is the insane security. I mean they won't allow things like FRISBEES beyond the security gates. I want to see how things go heheheh...but not so much I want to sit through a football game.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 02-03-2002 01:00:40 AM
quote:
Ferrel wrote this stupid crap:
That would be correct. Drunk Ferrel.
I suddenly wish I was where Ferrel is.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 02-03-2002 02:23:46 AM
Can sentient clothing even get drunk?
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 02-03-2002 07:03:25 AM
It depresses me that there really isn't anyone to talk hardcore football with. :-(
Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-03-2002 07:39:24 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Captain Planet:
Can sentient clothing even get drunk?
Sure. Just soak it in alcohol. The behavior will be identical. Don't know about a hangover though.

[ 02-03-2002: Message edited by: Ford Prefect ]

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Pancake
posted 02-03-2002 07:42:10 AM
quote:
Black Mage had this to say about John Romero:
[QUOTH]Ferrel wrote this stupid crap:
That would be correct. Drunk Ferrel.[/QUOTH]
I suddenly wish I was where Ferrel is.

quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Lenlalron was all like:
It depresses me that there really isn't anyone to talk hardcore football with. :-(
*blink* And you people think I have a one-track mind
roleplay character ^_^
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 02-03-2002 07:58:10 AM
*tosses a shiny ball with a bell inside full of catnip past Reiana*

Pancake
posted 02-03-2002 08:03:22 AM
No fair!

*pounces the ball*

roleplay character ^_^
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 02-03-2002 08:11:36 AM
"Fair" is not in my job description.

If Batutisz were here, I'd show you how to get him to dance like a wino...if it wasn't for his accursed pride...

Pancake
posted 02-03-2002 08:30:57 AM
But you've got me all nipped, and you're... you're reserved! No fair!

*kneads the ball*

roleplay character ^_^
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 02-03-2002 08:41:37 AM
Go after Murdoc. He likes cats.

Murdoc Halfshadow
Was once named Bob
posted 02-03-2002 09:02:28 AM
Oh no you don't. I'm not getting dragged into this. You got her hyper, now you calm her down.
RP CHARACTER
Pancake
posted 02-03-2002 09:04:10 AM
*pounces Murdoc*
roleplay character ^_^
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 02-03-2002 09:04:57 AM
*fills a tranq dart with argent oxide*

*shoots Reiana in the arse*

Done.

Pancake
posted 02-03-2002 09:13:01 AM
Ooh, tingly! *thud* *Zzzz*
roleplay character ^_^
Alaan
posted 02-03-2002 09:13:20 AM
Just about every year, I end up playing against my younger cousins in Crash Team Racing...I own them at the battle. It's a really crappy game overall, but vaguely amusing.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 02-03-2002 10:24:05 AM
Somehow I always end up watching the SuperBowl by myself. I am gonna cheer for St Louis in honor of UBT, since he is from there originally. I even got my chips and salsa! weeee
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-03-2002 12:05:49 PM
Well, this is unexpected. A few of my RL friends are watching the game, and they asked me to come along. Not how I expected to spend the evening, but I guess it couldn't hurt anything. Besides, it usually has some pretty interesting ads, and it's not like a football game has a shortage of commercial breaks

Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 02-03-2002 02:27:47 PM
Today is the day! Go Budweiser!
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Troodon
Technology Luddite
posted 02-03-2002 02:46:27 PM
I've never been in the least interested in football. Once I tried to get a basic understanding of it to see if that would make it more interesting to me. It didn't.

I don't know much about football, but I'm still 99% the Rams will win. So no suspense in the gamw itself.

But the commercials should be great... this is the most expensive advertising on TV, so advertisers go out of their way to make great commercials. Although the ones during the 2001 Superbowl seemed disappointing.

Unfortunately I have to work tonight, so I'll tape it to watch later. The place where I work shouldn't be too busy, as few will want to come out while the Superbowl is on...

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 02-03-2002 04:40:21 PM
I would like the Superbowl more if the whole affair wasn't beaten to death four hours before it started.

But hey, what was up with Bush giving the coin away? It's supposed to be this big honour, but he just shrugs it off and gives it to, um, the other guy as an afterthought. Did anyone else feel a little insulted by that?

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: