EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Character Background: Parents Killed by Orcs
Tier the Genius™
Dark Elf Pimp
posted 01-26-2002 12:10:42 AM
I didn't know that was so horribly common... I remember my first time as DM, when we were all munchkins... (We all gotta start somewhere) One of my players was a ranger whose parents were of course killed by Orcs!

There was a slight problem though, due to the fact we were playing in Krynn.

Player: "Cmon, put some orcs, I got a +2 THAC0 racial hatred bonus against them!"

Me: "For the last time... there are no orcs in Krynn. Go punt a Kender or something."

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 01-26-2002 12:14:47 AM
But after you punted the kender you would return to the group content

And then shortly realize you are missing your boot, sock and most of your money

Za’afiel
Coolest Hamster Pimp Ever!
posted 01-26-2002 07:23:05 AM
i think in character history stuff like that orc would be replaced by accountant
"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bane
BANNED
posted 01-26-2002 07:24:05 AM
haven't we already gone over this?
cout << "SCORE!";
Wily Kat to the Rescue!
Lashanna
noob
posted 01-26-2002 10:21:44 AM
Everybody's parents were killed by orcs...

My EQ Character's parents were much weaker though...

They were slain by a roving pack of wild decaying skeletons...

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Cadga
Quite Insane
posted 01-26-2002 10:30:23 AM
Everyone i know was killed by orcs raised by gnolls and can shapeshift!

oh and thier true form is dragon cause dragons are SOOOOoooOOO COooOOOoool1111!!!

Professional Sinner/Heretic
My mindless dribble
Za’afiel
Coolest Hamster Pimp Ever!
posted 01-26-2002 10:32:27 AM
quote:
Lawgiver Cadga had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Everyone i know was killed by orcs raised by gnolls and can shapeshift!

oh and thier true form is dragon cause dragons are SOOOOoooOOO COooOOOoool1111!!!

thast 99% of the AOL "RPers"

"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 01-26-2002 10:37:50 AM
My parents are orcs. THEY WERE KILLED BY RANGERS. YOU BASTARDS.
Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 01-26-2002 10:44:45 AM
My fish was killed by orcs.

I hate them bastards.

Just in case...

Steven Steve
posted 01-26-2002 11:00:36 AM
My parents are still alive and well and live in South Qeynos. I call them every Saturday to check up on 'em. Speaking of my parents, I have to go buy my mom a birthday gift. Hold this dragon off for me?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 01-26-2002 11:45:51 AM
My parents were killed by falling out of a tree while doing the nasty. Later found to be poked by orcs.
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 01-26-2002 11:47:23 AM
Ozzy's mother died giving birth to him and his father didn't want him

SPOILER!

Or his brother...

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 01-26-2002 11:50:36 AM
My Mage on the RP server's parents weren't killed by Orcs. His dad died on an expeditionary force to Kunark accompanying the High Elves to build Firiona Vie. My mother died while traveling to Kithicor forest to visit my uncle, who owns a store in Riverale. My sister was left all of my father's armour and left in search of his body. And Esear was left alone to fend for himself on the streets of Freeport, until the Mage guild would accept him.
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Malbi
posted 01-26-2002 11:56:08 AM
you know when the half-orcs parents are killed by orcs ya just gotta wonder...
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 01-26-2002 03:51:52 PM
quote:
Lenlalron wrote this stupid crap:
My parents are orcs. THEY WERE KILLED BY RANGERS. YOU BASTARDS.

hahahahah
HAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!

almost as good as "We've ruined our own lands, NOW LETS RUIN THEIRS!"

Solstyce
Vampiric pixie that might eat your face, if you're lucky
posted 01-26-2002 03:56:32 PM
Hey, my parents WERE killed by orcs. They were the only ones around at the time, and I really should thank them, evil parents... not letting me go out at night...
Shhh. Everyone will hear us. Everyone will know.
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 01-26-2002 04:03:23 PM
Hmm, that reminds me, I was planning to do a sort of "Origin" stories for my RP characters on the RP forums based on the comic of the same title revealing Wolverine's origin. However, since I was sidetracked by multiple essays, I haven't gotten a chance to write ANY RP story whatsoever until now. *Runs off to start typing*

Edit- Oh, and no parents killed by orcs origins

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: Azrael/Cthon ]

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Nith D'vaz
Pancake
posted 01-26-2002 04:04:43 PM
the orc Akowntent clan killed my pet bunny

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: Nith D'vaz ]

Wherever I go,
everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.
Wherever I am,
anyone in need has a friend.
Whenever I return home,
everyone is happy I am there.

-Robert L. Humphrey (warrior creed)
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-26-2002 04:13:24 PM
Murdoc's parents disappeared. It had something to do with the aristocracy, though he never did manage to find out the details.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Kitudo
Pancake
posted 01-26-2002 04:17:58 PM
I guess I'm the only original one whose parents are still chilling back in Kelethin?
-- WOOD ELF POWAH --
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 01-26-2002 04:20:02 PM
quote:
Kitudo had this to say about (_|_):
I guess I'm the only original one whose parents are still chilling back in Kelethin?

Yup, mine are in a oldskool R&B group in Cabilis. The Scaled Guitars.

Lashanna
noob
posted 01-26-2002 04:25:22 PM
quote:
Kitudo wrote this stupid crap:

quote:

A Telegram via the Bards of Antonica said this:
We regret to inform you, Ms. Kitudo, that a terrible accident has occurred in Kelethin and both your parents have perished. There was a structural failure in Strut B of Hub 8 in Central Kelethin believed to be caused by either a high concentration of termites or pixies (the investigation continues). As a result, your parents both died. All belongings that can be salvaged are to be left to you. Contect your parents Life Insurance provider as soon as possible.
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Steven Steve
posted 01-26-2002 08:09:37 PM
My mother is my half-sister
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Woody
Toast the Destroyer
posted 01-26-2002 10:34:29 PM
The two guys that I DMed for... were both "coming of age"ers. They were out exploring thier world. A Paladin and a Ranger.

Zachary Bafaren and Sir Sinacosta Le Permiere

**grins**
I'll let you guess which is which.

They role played their characters to a fault. I LOVED working with them. This is probably why they are now my best friends.

Woody Hearn - Cartoonist
GU Comics
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-26-2002 10:38:09 PM
Woody! Run a game for us! There is absolutely zero shortage of people looking for games to play in!
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 01-26-2002 10:53:50 PM
Erg... Too many characters to remember... Brain bleeding...

Wait...

Khazmon- Last time he checked, his parents were still alive and well. Hopefully, that hasn't changed.

Koric- Again, last time checked, alive and well, but it's been YEARS since then. Exile sucks.

Gobog- Something happened in his past. He doesn't remember, nor does he care. He lives to smash.

Solstyce
Vampiric pixie that might eat your face, if you're lucky
posted 01-26-2002 11:18:09 PM
quote:

A Telegram via the Bards of Antonica said this: We regret to inform you, Ms. Kitudo, that a terrible accident has occurred in Kelethin and both your parents have perished. There was a structural failure in Strut B of Hub 8 in Central Kelethin believed to be caused by either a high concentration of termites or pixies (the investigation continues). As a result, your parents both died. All belongings that can be salvaged are to be left to you. Contect your parents Life Insurance provider as soon as possible.

*whistles innocently*

Shhh. Everyone will hear us. Everyone will know.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: