EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Devil May Cry - Gimme a hand!
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-23-2002 01:33:13 PM
Okay, so I got Devil May Cry yesterday. Pretty cool so far. Kinda like a hybrid of Castlevania, Zelda and the Matrix.

BUT, I have run into a snag!

How do you defeat the Phantom Spider? That big, lava-fire-rock thing that attacks you after you get the Lion's Pride?

He's pummelled me like a meat patty!

Darius!
Pancake
posted 01-23-2002 01:38:10 PM
Use rolls, and lots of them!!! Also, but your piece o' crap shot gun away, use pistols to get your power up from a distance, use rolls when he spits at you, or jumps at you. If he does the "face plant" and lava begins to shoot up beneath you, roll and RUN! Use your special power stuff to regen when needed, and if youre near full health, run up and slash the crap outta him with Alastor. Make sure you use your special powers before attempting to tear him up though.

Also, dont be a pussy. When near full health, use your special power, run up, keep slashing, and dont stop until youre out.

One of the hardest posses in the game, dont give up yet .

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 01-23-2002 01:39:47 PM
A whole lot of jumping, ducking and dive rolling. His only weak spots are his face and back (if you are lucky enough to jump on his back)

Get in his face and unload with your demon power, then fall back and shoot him from a distance. It wont do much damage, but it'll regen your demon power again. When it's full.. unleash and ram it in his craw again.

wash, rinse, repeat.

That was my technique. individual mileage may vary.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Avylen
Pull my finger!!
posted 01-23-2002 01:41:16 PM
Ok this guy is a real sinch if you get Alistors ability Air Raid, if not them what you want to do is land on his back (With devil trigger on perferably) and hack away at his tail. Anothing to do is t jumping down swing again and again. But if you can get Air Raid, it makes him easy as pie.
"When people see something as beautiful, other things become ugly. When people see somethings as good, other things become bad. So is the way of life."
Aaron (the good one)
posted 01-23-2002 04:37:04 PM
When he doesn't have his claws guarding his face, either slash at him and jump out of the way when he shoots his lava bolts, or when his claws are still out of his face, jump on him and slash away like crazy before he start shooting... rinse and repeat.
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: