EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I never get enough of these stories.
Maradon!
posted 01-15-2002 12:20:39 PM
what stories? These stories!

I swear, not only should it be legal to kill these people, but commendable as well.

Scalded breasts? Haha, try catching a PENCIL with your EYEBALL hun!

btw, yes I stole this link from Drysart's fark.com setup on the main page

Cadga
Quite Insane
posted 01-15-2002 12:26:22 PM
people just want easy money

frankly if i saw her i would laugh at her stupdity

WHAT MORON doesn check the lids anyway?? i ALWAYS do

Professional Sinner/Heretic
My mindless dribble
Nith D'vaz
Pancake
posted 01-15-2002 12:27:56 PM
goddamn this is as dumb as suing a tabacco company

people suing other people for their own stupidity

its like suing a gun company if you shoot yourself

Wherever I go,
everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.
Wherever I am,
anyone in need has a friend.
Whenever I return home,
everyone is happy I am there.

-Robert L. Humphrey (warrior creed)
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 01-15-2002 12:28:09 PM
Wow. Apparently it's blocked because it's a NEWS site. I guess the school wants us to be ignorant?
Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-15-2002 12:29:21 PM
.... how the hell do you get 2nd degree burns from a pickle?????

they don't ever get that hot... >.<

Maradon!
posted 01-15-2002 12:30:10 PM
quote:
Lawgiver Cadga had this to say about Optimus Prime:
WHAT MORON doesn check the lids anyway?? i ALWAYS do

No no, even if she's too stupid to check the lid, pouring the cup's ENTIRE CONTENTS down the front of you !without stopping! is an act of pure and utter lunacy.

It's blatantly obvious that it's a money making scam.

Maradon!
posted 01-15-2002 12:33:34 PM
quote:
Lenlalron impressed everyone with:
I guess the school wants us to be ignorant?

Free media is one of the greatest threats to a totalitarianistic dictatorship (ie. public schools)

quote:
Originally posted by Aanile:
.... how the hell do you get 2nd degree burns from a pickle?????

It's...it's....Nuclear Pickle!!!

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Maradön? ]

Nith D'vaz
Pancake
posted 01-15-2002 12:35:05 PM

this seems to fit in with this thread for some odd reason

Wherever I go,
everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.
Wherever I am,
anyone in need has a friend.
Whenever I return home,
everyone is happy I am there.

-Robert L. Humphrey (warrior creed)
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 01-15-2002 12:38:20 PM
what MORON thinks they can take a big gulp of steaming hot chocolate? if she had burned her mouth instead would she sue for that??

come on!

Maradon!
posted 01-15-2002 12:42:00 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Kermitov!
if she had burned her mouth instead would she sue for that??

Oh she couldn't, ever since that other shit-nugget managed to con a judge into awarding her $500,000 for being stupid enough to spill coffee in her lap, they clearly print "careful! it's hot you stupid bitch!" on all thier hot beverage containers.

Well not in so many words, but you know they were thinking it.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 01-15-2002 01:27:51 PM
Last year in Knoxville, Tenn., a woman who claimed she suffered a second-degree burn on her chin from a hot McDonald's hamburger pickle in 1999 settled her lawsuit against the chain. Contending the pickle was defective and unreasonably dangerous to the customer, that woman sought $110,000 US, while her husband sought $15,000

My god, has evolution just pulled an entire 180 or something?

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 01-15-2002 01:31:22 PM
And I quote: Because of the scald, Corbin claims her jeans could not be pulled up to her waist for five days.

She doesn't realize that McDonald's food does do that to EVERYBODY!

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Solstyce
Vampiric pixie that might eat your face, if you're lucky
posted 01-15-2002 01:45:08 PM
In 2000, I slipped on a McDonald's wrapper outside of my house. I fell down and hurt my side.

FREE MONEY TIME!

Shhh. Everyone will hear us. Everyone will know.
Skaw
posted 01-15-2002 02:15:17 PM
Man, you guys in Canada still get your drinks served to you by the employees?

Down here, in Maryland, drinks are free-refills and come from fountains/coffeecontainerthingiesthataremetalandhot.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 01-15-2002 02:16:05 PM
Also note in the story she had some salve so there is miraculously(sp) no marks from the burns at all. What Bullshit. If the burns were as bad as she said there is no way they would leave NO marks at all.
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 01-15-2002 02:17:32 PM
quote:
Maradön? had this to say about Cuba:

, try catching a PENCIL with your EYEBALL hun!

Hey man were there ever any long term problems with that. I know at one time there was some concern about lasting damage.
Everything cool with it?

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 01-15-2002 02:20:14 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Azizza was all like:
Also note in the story she had some salve so there is miraculously(sp) no marks from the burns at all. What Bullshit. If the burns were as bad as she said there is no way they would leave NO marks at all.

You would be surprised how often there are miraculous salves for injured people.

SO glad I don't do PI law....

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-15-2002 02:25:24 PM
Being the freak of nature that I am, I scald my mouth every time I order pizza! It usually burns a few layers of skin on the top of the roof of my mouth, and it's annoying just hanging there for several days.

Being the genius that I am, I realize that IT IS MY OWN FREAKING FAULT, and don't sue Domino's

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-15-2002 02:27:25 PM
Wait wait wait...McDonald's serves HOT CHOCOLATE?!
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 01-15-2002 02:32:34 PM
quote:
Densetsu had this to say about Tron:
Being the genius that I am, I realize that IT IS MY OWN FREAKING FAULT, and don't sue Domino's

YUO AER SMART!!1!11

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 01-15-2002 02:34:25 PM
*catches his breath, after he stops laughing*

Sentences you never expect to hear:

quote:
Contending the pickle was defective and unreasonably dangerous to the customer
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-15-2002 02:38:17 PM
This makes me want to become a judge, just so that I can laugh and throw people like this out of my courtroom!
Majox
Pancake
posted 01-15-2002 03:18:41 PM
In order to prevent any further lawsuits McDonalds should change the name to "REALLY HOT Chocolate that might burn you a lot, but only if you are dumb." Or they should make lids that not only can you not remove, but you also can't drink out of them, thus preventing any of the hot liquid from escaping. Then it can't burn anyone.

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Majox ]

I just make ideas, I don't make them good. - Me
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 01-15-2002 04:36:36 PM
quote:
Majox had this to say about Cuba:
In order to prevent any further lawsuits McDonalds should change the name to "REALLY HOT Chocolate that might burn you a lot, but only if you are dumb." Or they should make lids that not only can you not remove, but you also can't drink out of them, thus preventing any of the hot liquid from escaping. Then it can't burn anyone.

Good call =p

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Darius!
Pancake
posted 01-15-2002 04:38:39 PM
I agree with just about everyone, rawr.
Maelarr
Pancake
posted 01-15-2002 04:54:40 PM
In the Immortal words of Dave (asshole brother whom happens to be funny as hell sometimes)...
(People like this) needs to be slaped.in the face......With a BRICK!!

All Empires Fall, You just have to know where to push- Me
Cleric Rogue Sigpic
Cassandra
Pancake
posted 01-15-2002 05:03:00 PM
(rolls her eyes)

So far, 5% have voted for Yes, McDonald's is liable
So far, 82% have voted for No, the woman is responsible
So far, 7% have voted for McDonald's is responsible but the court's time should not be spent on the matter
So far, 6% have voted for Don't Care

(nods)

[CENTER][/CENTRE]
Maelarr
Pancake
posted 01-15-2002 05:04:59 PM
<Voted yes that the woman is a total idiot and is responsible

Edit: oh crap did i say that out loud?!

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Siliddar ]

All Empires Fall, You just have to know where to push- Me
Cleric Rogue Sigpic
Kloie
tunactsunamooon
posted 01-15-2002 05:16:24 PM
Dear [HOPEFULLY] Former McDonald's Customer,

It is not MY fault that YOU are an IDIOT. You are a dipshit, a neanderthal, a MORON. So you spilled some fucking hot chocolate on your brand new t-shirt. GUESS WHAT. IT IS HOT CHOCOLATE. IT MIGHT, PERCHANCE, BE A LITTLE HOT. I don't know what kind of miracle formula or salve that you used, but if the burns were SO BAD that you felt you had to sue, some MIRACLE SALVE would probably do little to comfort you.

You claim the lid "flew off" and the entire contents "spewed out". I THINK PERHAPS THAT BOTH THE LID AND THE HOT CHOCOLATE WERE MAKING A DESPERATE ATTEMPT TO GET AWAY FROM YOU, FOR THE LACK OF BRAIN CELLS IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY WAS CHOKING AND STARVING THEM OF LIFE.

Yes. They only wanted to live. You killed them. YOU should be sued! MURDERER!

xoxo,
A Poser/Wannabe Disgruntled McDonald's Employee

yes, i wrote that. XD

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Kloie ]

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-15-2002 05:32:13 PM
quote:
Cassandra impressed everyone with:
(rolls her eyes)

So far, 5% have voted for Yes, McDonald's is liable
So far, 82% have voted for No, the woman is responsible
So far, 7% have voted for McDonald's is responsible but the court's time should not be spent on the matter
So far, 6% have voted for Don't Care

(nods)

ROFL well.. atleast we know that... 12% of the voters are as dumb as this lady...

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-15-2002 05:44:20 PM
quote:
Corbin, who is representing herself, wrote in a statement of claim.
Somehow I doubt she's a professional lawyer
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-15-2002 05:46:07 PM
or get one to take her case
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 01-15-2002 05:50:27 PM
I remember at my job orientation back in November about a story the security guys told us..

They told us that some time last March I think it was, a lady pulled a glass of wine off the shelf, and threw it at the floor, shattering it to thousands of pieces. She took a few steps back, then ran full speed at the spill, slipping and falling.
Unlucky for her, she didn't land on any glass shards, and we had the whole thing on tape. I believe it never went to trial after the security guys showed her the tape of the "incident."

Sadly they were unable to show the tape to us for some form of legal reasons. I bet it would of been funny to see.

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-15-2002 05:54:09 PM
gods help us all
Drysart
Pancake
posted 01-15-2002 07:16:14 PM
quote:
Maradön? had this to say about Duck Tales:

woot!

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-15-2002 07:23:14 PM
quote:
Maradön? wrote this stupid crap:

There's a main page to this site? Ohh yeah!

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 01-15-2002 07:23:27 PM
A few weeks ago some lady ran into the wall at our drive thru. Didn't go head first into it or anything, but scraped the side of her car really good. She asked to see the Manager(it just so happened the Store Owner was in at that time).

She wanted us to pay for it because apparently the wall just came out of nowhere.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Maradon!
posted 01-15-2002 07:26:13 PM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Hey man were there ever any long term problems with that. I know at one time there was some concern about lasting damage.
Everything cool with it?

I had to go back to the doctor a couple months ago because the puncture had healed strangely, but aside from that none at all

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 01-15-2002 07:35:58 PM
quote:
Maradön? had this to say about (_|_):
I had to go back to the doctor a couple months ago because the puncture had healed strangely, but aside from that none at all

Good to hear man.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: