EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I am experianceing a bit of confusion about the current social situation of this
Aaniele
Pancake
posted 01-05-2002 02:42:13 AM
OK, now I'm generally kinda slow on social things, so I'm not suprised I'm left behind. Now, did I miss something? is there a erason we all ahte Kameks now? Did he do something? have we always hated him? Is it just fashionable? I am not one to go agaist the grain with these things, but I do like to ahve a reason before just starting to hate someone. Any insight here?
"a friend will help you move, a really good friend will help you move a body"
Ryuujin
posted 01-05-2002 02:43:56 AM
Having never actually had enough time to form a well placed judgement/opinion, I don't hate him. Thought what he said about furries was insensitive.
Kolak
Pancake
posted 01-05-2002 02:46:52 AM
quote:
Aaniele had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
OK, now I'm generally kinda slow on social things, so I'm not suprised I'm left behind. Now, did I miss something? is there a erason we all ahte Kameks now? Did he do something? have we always hated him? Is it just fashionable? I am not one to go agaist the grain with these things, but I do like to ahve a reason before just starting to hate someone. Any insight here?

it seems (almost) everyone hates him because of his past. i don't mind him, and find some of his posts funny

NOTE: This is an automated e-mail post, please do not reply
ph34r me
This uselss post brought to you by:
Anthrax - The other white powder

Solstyce
Vampiric pixie that might eat your face, if you're lucky
posted 01-05-2002 02:48:57 AM
One word: Paul554.

Eh, he's funny sometimes, rather irritating others. The funny (barely) outweights the irritating, though.

Shhh. Everyone will hear us. Everyone will know.
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 01-05-2002 03:10:41 AM
It's also fashionable, to some people. It's like hoping on the proverbial bandwagon, except much crueler.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Black Mage ]

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Waisztarroz
I love democracy
posted 01-05-2002 03:15:06 AM
http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm
Yes, that's right, hot live sex!
There's a raptor behind you.
Resident grammar whore.
Warning, flames imminent!
Ragabash
Pancake
posted 01-05-2002 03:27:23 AM
quote:
Aaniele had this to say about Captain Planet:

He has, survey says...A PAST! *polite audience clapping*

I can understand your curiousity, but why do you want to hate him for social reasons? Perhaps I am misreading your statement, but the second to last sentence looks, to me, like your saying "just give me the reasons and I'll go along hating him too". But maybe you just didn't type it out the way you meant it to come across.

I myself tend to ignore social placement. If they do something that I see and feel is hateworthy, then I hate them.

I vaguely know Kameks past, but I know that it wasn't exactly exemplary. However, because I wasn't an actual witness to them or personally affected by them I hold nothing against him for them. Personally, I have some pet peeves about him that I won't delve into here, but nothing has warranted my hatred of him.

Feed my hungry soul.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 01-05-2002 03:36:39 AM
Paul554 still did the greatest thing on an EverQuest board.. ever. The fake mistmoore shield/pokemon link. It was genius. Doubled by his update that day being something like, 'I'm going to get all those Gameplay posting idiots to look at my web page!'
You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-05-2002 03:54:11 AM
Paul's history in a nutshell (according to some sources):

When he's good, he's funny.
When he's bad, he's a monster.

No, I wasn't on the EC boards when he was here before, but I've learned enough to know that I'm still wary of him. But, it's Drysart's board, and Drysart's call.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Aaniele
Pancake
posted 01-05-2002 04:07:36 AM
I was just pointing out in a saurcastic manner that it seems rather silly to me that all of his posts are on the auto-flame list. Cource, if there a reasons, I'll just ingore the hole situation, but it seems that there is some prejustice here. Just wondering what its all about. Cource, if he posted something dirty or extramly offencive I missed, then I will form my own opnion of that.
"a friend will help you move, a really good friend will help you move a body"
Waisztarroz
I love democracy
posted 01-05-2002 04:19:45 AM
Well, he is annoying as hell. That tends to irritate people.
Yes, that's right, hot live sex!
There's a raptor behind you.
Resident grammar whore.
Warning, flames imminent!
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 01-05-2002 04:22:35 AM
quote:
WaisztarrozBarrimas stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Well, he is annoying as hell.

Well, so is your name!

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Comrade_Snoota ]

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Kameks
BANNED
posted 01-05-2002 07:05:23 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Comrade_Snoota was all like:
Paul554 still did the greatest thing on an EverQuest board.. ever. The fake mistmoore shield/pokemon link. It was genius. Doubled by his update that day being something like, 'I'm going to get all those Gameplay posting idiots to look at my web page!'
And to think all i was trying to do was trick Groller into finding my pokemon page And yes pokemon roxxer.
People who try to commit suicide should be dragged out into the street and shot. Heck they wont complain this what they wanted :)

Sig pic done with Microsoft paint, Work that doobie Pikachu.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 01-05-2002 07:20:27 AM
I don't hate Paul. he's funny sometimes, and useful to get pissed off at when in a bad mood, 'cos he doesn't care a bit.

'Sides, it takes A LOT for me to hate someone.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Pvednes Phoenixfeather ]

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 01-05-2002 07:36:03 AM
Hate him? He isn't worth the effort.

Though he has proven himself to be deliberately cruel, a liar, and a troll.

After begging to come back, and swearing up and down he had reformed, he's now going back to his old ways. Best of all, he claims he's not responsible for his actions, that he'd be good if the rest of us would entertain him more.

Form your own opinion, of course. Some of us remember him from before, however, and know that leopards, and especially online leopards, cannot change their spots.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Kameks
BANNED
posted 01-05-2002 08:54:30 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Bloodsage was all like:
Hate him? He isn't worth the effort.

Though he has proven himself to be deliberately cruel, a liar, and a troll.

After begging to come back, and swearing up and down he had reformed, he's now going back to his old ways. Best of all, he claims he's not responsible for his actions, that he'd be good if the rest of us would entertain him more.

Form your own opinion, of course. Some of us remember him from before, however, and know that leopards, and especially online leopards, cannot change their spots.

**gives bloodsage a box of milkbones**
That'll keep him busy for a bit

People who try to commit suicide should be dragged out into the street and shot. Heck they wont complain this what they wanted :)

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 01-05-2002 09:01:15 AM
You aren't one of the people with that privilege.

Kameks
BANNED
posted 01-05-2002 09:02:42 AM
**Whacks bloodsage on the nose with a rolled up magizine**

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 01-05-2002 09:05:58 AM
You're not funny, and you're pushing it.

You're also proving everything bad said about you.

You haven't got what it takes to fuck with me, so you should leave off trying.

Kameks
BANNED
posted 01-05-2002 09:08:55 AM
**Makes googly eyes at bloodsage**

Talonus
Loner
posted 01-05-2002 09:15:23 AM
Kameks, being Paul554, was at one time banned from the boards for...well...saying things he shouldn't have said. Drysart, in one of his nicer moments or a fit of insanity (I can't decide which), decided to unban all those who had been banned, including Paul554. Paul554 took up the name Kameks, and you get the rest.

It should be noted that Kameks is behaving compared to when he was Paul554; take that as you will.

Kameks
BANNED
posted 01-05-2002 09:17:29 AM
Actually im still banned as Paul554. Apparently this account was unbanned only

Darius!
Pancake
posted 01-05-2002 10:18:50 AM
I dont hate Kameks. He's funny at time. Little annoying at others, but not annoying enough for me to be angry.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: