EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So...
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-03-2002 03:58:09 PM
We just buried Tippy. He went down peacefully this morning.

We buried him in the front yard, where he always liked to hang out and patrol. His headstone is a tall saguaro cactus.

He's been around for so long, it's hard to imagine life without him...he was really close to all of us.

Now, he's gone.

Tippy Watkins, a cockerspaniel-dachsund mix lived for a good long time. He lived as part of the Watkins family from 1987 to 2002.

He was a good dog.

Mightion Defensor
posted 01-03-2002 04:01:33 PM
He'll never be gone, Parce, as long as you remember him.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-03-2002 04:02:05 PM
Erf..I'm sorry to hear that Parce. <hugs him and hands him a gift basket of cookies to help with the mourning> I got two puppies of myself and I would be very sad if they passed on too.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 01-03-2002 04:02:55 PM
"He was a good dog."

I only the hope the same will be said of me, when I'm gone.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-03-2002 04:06:52 PM
Let me just say something more before I'm done.

You may think cats are better than dogs, and you may not like dogs. Even if you didn't like them, dogs never stopped liking you. They may not have had as much personality as the common cat, but they knew when you felt bad and they wanted you to feel happy.

A dog knew just how to make you feel better. A dog knew just what you were feeling, and he would share that feeling with you. A dog was probably the best companion I ever had.

If you have a dog, give them a pet for me. Tell them they're good dogs, because they are. Give them lots of attention and care, so that when they die, they'll know they left you a little happier than they found you.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 01-03-2002 04:12:29 PM
...Now I want to go to mom and dad's just to pet Ethan...
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Aaniele
Pancake
posted 01-03-2002 04:15:38 PM
"And it struck me,
that life is just a collection of memories
and memories are like star light,
they go on forever."

C.W. McCall, Aurora Borealis

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Aaniele ]

"a friend will help you move, a really good friend will help you move a body"
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-03-2002 04:21:20 PM
My mom has a dog...whenever i go to her house, it jumps all over me, it must really like me or somethin

My grandparents had to put their dog down too, because she had diabetes, and her hips were starting to go out, she was old too. Alaskan husty/German Sheperd mix. *sigh* She was such a gentle dog too. She was extremely protective of me when i was young. My parents say she would go BALLISTIC if i started to cry.

Im sorry, but anyone that says a dog isnt a family member is totally full of it. They are, and more.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-03-2002 04:42:47 PM
I am so sorry Parcelan.. I really am, it is so hard when a pet goes, it's like losing a brother or sister.

Illanae hugs Parcelan tight!

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-03-2002 04:48:18 PM
awww =( *HUGS*
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 01-03-2002 05:45:13 PM
I'm sorry, parce.

Hugs ya, and pets her cat, too.

I'm not a dog person, but I know how nice they are. All pets are members of the family.

Kel
Pancake
posted 01-03-2002 05:59:49 PM
*comforts Parcelan*

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost a friend. Loosing a pet is always like loosing a part of the family.

Do you believe in fondue? You know you do.
If you look deep within your heart you will find... melted cheese.
Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 01-03-2002 06:00:43 PM
Damn, man...
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-03-2002 06:10:08 PM
I realize only 4 people will be able to see this before the entire geocities network bursts into flames, but the idea of The Rainbow Bridge has always comforted me when thinking of lost pets.

For what it's worth, anyway. Losing a pet is awful.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 01-03-2002 06:43:56 PM

just

*pets his dogs*

Lazzay
omg mack attack :(
posted 01-03-2002 07:42:11 PM

*huggles Parce tight

one two three fo let me see that tootsie roll
Malbi
posted 01-03-2002 07:46:08 PM

Hugs his Corky
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Lalamile
My title doesn't even make sense any more
posted 01-03-2002 08:15:26 PM
In my opion having to have a pet put down is the hardest way to lost one.
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 01-03-2002 08:21:55 PM
*huggles Parce*

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-03-2002 08:36:52 PM
We have a dog named PeeWee. Loves kids, loves people, loves cats, just loves life in general. Found her, when she was a puppy, in a cardboard box in a ditch with her two drowned siblings. It was clear she'd been abused, as she was terrified of people.

In the decade or so since finding her, PeeWee's become an integral part of our lives, a constant. PeeWee's had a lot of near-misses when it comes to death. She's had her hip broken twice by speeding cars (and limps when it's cold), and two years ago nearly died of lyme disease she got from a tick (love is forcing your beloved pet to take her pills by sticking them down her throat, believe it or not). She's been around to soothe the pain of heartbreaks, she's been around to see my sister leave home, and she's been around to see my now-married sister come to visit with her baby, who PeeWee adores.

I'd like to think PeeWee will be there when I get married, but it's not likely. And when we move from NC to Indiana, it'll be the first time PeeWee's ever lived off of her farm in her life. And we won't have all our cats. I worry sometimes that it'll break her heart to leave all this. But she'll still have us, she'll get to see Emily more often, and she'll stay inside more (she's primarily an outside dog) since we know she's starting to get up there in years (we figured she was a year or three old when we found her; she was/is just too small a dog to get out of the big box, the bottom of which had soggied out in the water of the ditch) and she's not as spry as she was.

When the time comes, I hope she doesn't suffer. I hope it doesn't come down to one of us having to take her to the vet to be put down, as I know I'll have to be the one to do it. I hope she dies, warm and safe, in her sleep, on her favorite pillow in the living room. Having to take her to be put down would about do me in. It'd be like killing a part of myself, a part of my life.

I know what you feel, Parce, having had a friend like that, and knowing that the "forever" you promised as the duration of your friendship seems so much shorter than it did when you were younger. Yours has left now. Mine will no doubt leave before this decade is done. And when she's gone, there'll be nothing left of her but a lot of good, strong, happy memories. Learning to live with the memories rather than the living, breathing animal is the trick, I guess.

I am sorry for your loss, Parcelan. Hold those memories and that love tight. It's the best way to memorialize your friend, and the best way to stay true to your friendship.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Timpofee
Mancake
posted 01-04-2002 12:03:10 AM
sucks

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Timpofee ]

Genericgirl
Generictitle
posted 01-04-2002 12:39:51 AM
Parce,

*hugs*

*Pets the pups*

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 01-04-2002 01:28:15 AM

I'm sorry, Parc. Losing a pet hurts a lot.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 01-04-2002 06:12:23 AM
Sniffles and wipes at her eyes, lost for a moment in the memory of all her now-departed childhood pooches

I feel for you, Parce... I really do. I still cry occasionally thinking of the last two we had to put down, and that was 2 and 5 years ago. *HUGS*

Dead Tired
Is usually a girl
posted 01-04-2002 06:21:30 AM
I'm sorry Parce...I know how you feel.

My dog died last year.

Again...I'm sorry.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 01-04-2002 06:34:58 AM
*knows exactly how Parc feels, having lost his own cat of 14 years some 2 years back*

My only regret was not being there when it happened. I'm convinced that he died of a broken heart, but he may have felt otherwise. He was old, time was growing short for him, and in the end.. I was away in Texas for 2 weeks. He died 1/2 way through my vacation.

In a wierd way, I think Dexter (my cat) knew he was dying, and DIDN'T want me to be there to see it. He was quiet and listless, lying in the cold bathtub with my mother by his side. She left for 5 minutes to get something and when she returned, his eyes had already closed for the last time.

For the longest time, it was just him and me. After meeting Synjari, he may have sensed that I found a "people" to be happy with and it was time for him to move on. He's been gone for 2 years now, but I'll never forget him. The fact that I'm sitting here at my desk forcing back tears is proof.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 01-04-2002 09:01:31 AM
*sighs* Always tough to hear about it. Bill Clinton lost Lucky this week as well. He was hit by a car

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around" - Cowboy Wisdom

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." - Roger Caras

"A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down." -Robert Benchley

"Every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one." - Anonymous

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as a dog does" - Christopher Morley

"To err is human,
to forgive canine" -Anonymous

"A dog has the soul of a philosopher" -Plato

And finally...

I miss the little wagging tail;
I miss the plaintive, pleading wail;
I miss the wistful, loving glance;
I miss the circling welcome-dance.

I miss the eyes that, watching, sued;
I miss her tongue of gratitude
that licked my hand, in loving mood
when we divided cup or food.

- Henry Willett, "In Memoriam"

Sorry to hear of your loss, may the memories live on...

http://www.bloodfin.net
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: