EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Need some help
Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 12-29-2001 03:01:21 PM
I downloaded a game, El-fish, from the net, but I had to load them into 5 floppies. No problem, but it's the installing that's giving me a problem. As soon disk one is done it wants the second disk. So I inserted the second disk in, but it keep on insisting that disk one has already been installed, please insert disk two. Hmm, anyone has an idea?
Who's that crazy kook that's destroying the world. It's Zorc (That's me) It's Zorc and Pals.
Bakura: Did you forget our anniversary, again? (laughter)
Zorc: Yes, I was busy destroying the world (laughter) Slaughtering millions. (Laughter)
Bakura: That's my Zorc.
The blood of the innocents will flow without end. His name is Zorc, and he's destroying the world.
Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 12-29-2001 03:19:16 PM
Got an idea. It's crazy but it might work. It has to name the label during the formatting. Wish me luck.
Who's that crazy kook that's destroying the world. It's Zorc (That's me) It's Zorc and Pals.
Zorc: Yes, I was busy destroying the world (laughter) Slaughtering millions. (Laughter)
The blood of the innocents will flow without end. His name is Zorc, and he's destroying the world.
Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 12-29-2001 04:40:57 PM
Nothing worked, now I need help.
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 12-29-2001 05:25:34 PM
why did you load it on to 5 floppies?
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 12-29-2001 08:37:41 PM
quote:
Blind Swordsman had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
why did you load it on to 5 floppies?

It was required of me to do it.

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 12-29-2001 08:40:10 PM
quote:
Freschel Spindrift wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
It was required of me to do it.

Freschel.. We have these things called "hard drives" now.. Come back from 1980, please.

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 12-29-2001 08:55:02 PM
quote:
Demitri wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Freschel.. We have these things called "hard drives" now.. Come back from 1980, please.

The download is in 5 parts. Dos based game. Yes it's loaded in the hard drive, but I can not sucessfully get it installed. It wants me to insert disk 2. I know I know, but it's El-fish, one of the best aquarium programs. It's been on when 386 and 486 was the shit.

Il Buono
posted 12-29-2001 08:56:06 PM
You then tell it that your floppy drive is actually C:\Elfish

Or whereever you installed it all.

Kolak
Pancake
posted 12-29-2001 09:03:21 PM
solution - put contents of all disks in a dir on your HDD (so the contents of all the data folders are in the same folder), and install. it shouldn't ask for any other disks.

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: Kolak ]

NOTE: This is an automated e-mail post, please do not reply
ph34r me
This uselss post brought to you by:
Anthrax - The other white powder

Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 12-29-2001 09:19:43 PM
quote:
Kolak had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
solution - put contents of all disks in a dir on your HDD (so the contents of all the data folders are in the same folder), and install. it shouldn't ask for any other disks.

Ok I'll try that.

Kolak
Pancake
posted 12-29-2001 09:24:00 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Freschel Spindrift!
Ok I'll try that.

if it works, you have to thank me and worship me

NOTE: This is an automated e-mail post, please do not reply
ph34r me
This uselss post brought to you by:
Anthrax - The other white powder

Il Buono
posted 12-29-2001 09:25:14 PM
quote:
Kolak had this to say about pies:

If you'll read up, you would see I said it first.

Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 12-29-2001 10:14:01 PM
quote:
Kolak had this to say about dark elf butts:

*Worships the very ground that he walks on.*

DOH! Had to use classic winzip other wise if I use winzip wizard it'll start the install.

Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 12-29-2001 10:16:20 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Demitri!
If you'll read up, you would see I said it first.

You were not specific. oh well

*worships the ground that he walks on Monday*

Thanks for the tip.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: