EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Quotes I like
Avylen
Pull my finger!!
posted 11-28-2001 03:14:17 PM
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it"

"Get a shot off fast. This upsets him long enough to let you make your second shot perfect."

"Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you; if you don't bet, you can't win."

"A fake fortuneteller can be tolerated. But an autherntic soothsayer should be hot on sight. Cassandra did not get half the kicking around she diserved."

"Your enemy is never a villian in his own eyes. Keep this in mind; it may offer a way to make him your friend. If not, you can kill him withuot hate - and quickly"

"Of all the "crimes" that human beings have legislated out of nothing, "Blasphemy" is the most amazing - with "obscenity" and "indecent exposure" fighting it out for second and third place."

"All societies are based on rules to protect pregnant women and young children. All else is surplusage, excrescence, adornment, luxury, or folly which can - and must - be dumped in emergency to preserve this prime function. As racial survival is the only universal morality, no other basic is possible. Attemts to formulate a "perfect society" on any foundation other than "Women and children first!" is not only witless, it is automatically genocidal. Nevertheless, starry-eyed idealists (all of them male) have tried endlessly - and no doubt will keep trying"

"A men are created unequal"

"Money is a powerful aphrodisiac. But flowers work almost as well."

"A brute kills for pleasure. A fool kills from hate."

More to come if you so wish, I have a long list I wouldn't mind typing up.

"When people see something as beautiful, other things become ugly. When people see somethings as good, other things become bad. So is the way of life."
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 11-28-2001 03:16:12 PM
See sig. That's my favorite quote ever.
"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Avylen
Pull my finger!!
posted 11-28-2001 03:17:25 PM
Haha, I like that first quote, there is a certian irony in it's existance.
"When people see something as beautiful, other things become ugly. When people see somethings as good, other things become bad. So is the way of life."
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 11-28-2001 03:20:16 PM
quote:
Avylen had this to say about Robocop:
Haha, I like that first quote, there is a certian irony in it's existance.

Irony is funny. I love it.

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Lazzay
omg mack attack :(
posted 11-28-2001 03:22:18 PM
"Thought without action is a daydream. Action without thought is a nightmare."
one two three fo let me see that tootsie roll
Kloie
tunactsunamooon
posted 11-28-2001 03:31:38 PM
i <3 irony.
Alleria Qui'farush
Chica!
posted 11-28-2001 03:58:39 PM
"You're like tits on a nun!"
"What the hell do you mean by that?"
"Absolutely useless."
"Oh..."

~As told by my father.

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Alleria Qui'farush ]

Solstyce
Vampiric pixie that might eat your face, if you're lucky
posted 11-28-2001 04:05:30 PM
See sig.
Shhh. Everyone will hear us. Everyone will know.
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 11-28-2001 04:12:28 PM
Hmm.. I think I've got a good quote sitting around here somewhere... Oh, yeah.

|
V

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 11-28-2001 04:28:26 PM
"must kill moe....WHEEEEE! Must kille moe...WHEEE!"
"Boom boom boom. Three in the head, you know their dead."
"New policy! Shot in the head, you get a bed! Your head is bloody, We're your buddy!"

muahahaha

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Arrenn Lightblade ]

Ragabash
Pancake
posted 11-28-2001 10:32:05 PM
Neat quotes. Wouldn't mind seing more. I have a book where I write down ones I really like. And now you've unleashed some of them! Muahahaha!

"The tomorrows are yours, and the yesterdays forever my own memories, but today is ours together" -Jenna Bendt

"Many that live deserve death, and some die that deserve life. Can you give that to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety." -J.R.R Tolkien

"Peace and love are the driving forces behind a truly great civilization. Find your peace and love so that you can set an example." -Unknown

"Think of what you could do if time belonged to you. A scary thought is that it does." -Digable Planets

"Better crippled in body than corrupt in mind" -Unknown

"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed he is gone forever. A retinal after-image that fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights." -Unknown

"Do not waste your tears. I was not born to watch the world grow dim. Life is not measured in years but by the deeds of men" -Unknown

"Pain is an illusion of the sense, despair an illusion of the mind" -Assassin Proverb

"For every battle honor a thousand heroes die unsung and unremembered." -Unknown

"Some may question your right to destroy 10 billion people. Those who understand realise that you have no right to let them live!" -Unknown

"You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other more righteous souls." -Inquisitor Czevak

"No army is big enough to conquer the galaxy. But faith alone can overturn the universe." -Ecclesiarch Deacis IX

"When the people forget their duty they are no longer human and become something less than beasts. They have no place in the bosom of humanity. Let them die and be forgotten" -Unknown

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane." -Unknown

"It's not true that nice guys finish last. Nice guys are winners before the game even starts." -Addison Walker

"Give me but a thousand men who are crazy enough to want to conquer hell and we will conquer hell!" -Warmaster Solon

"I'm always fascinated by the way memory diffuses facts." -Diane Sawyer

"If all cars in the U.S were placed end to end it would probably be Labor Day Weekend." -Doug Larson

"All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attentoin to criticism." -Unknown

"Real love stories never have endings" -Richard Bach

"Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learned how to use it, its gone." -Shakespear's Sister

"Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. ONe helps you make a living the other helps you make a life." Sandra Carey

"If it is a dream then that dream is my reality!" -Tank Police II

"I can't let my discoveries fall into the hands of political morons" -Tank Police II

"Humans are weak, even if there are a few exceptions." -Unknown

"Its my policy never to fight the helpless, the crippled, or complete fools." -Tank Police II

Feed my hungry soul.
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 11-28-2001 10:50:57 PM
"Human beings have the ability to weasel out of situations. It's what seperates us from the animals. Except the weasel."
-Homer Simpson

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Ferret ]

Lalamile
My title doesn't even make sense any more
posted 11-28-2001 11:26:09 PM
If ignorance is bliss, why arn't there more happy people? Unknown.
Sangwyyn
Pancake
posted 11-28-2001 11:39:29 PM
quote:
Solstyce had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
See sig.

Ditto.

I like a look of Agony,
Because I know it’s true—
Men do not sham Convulsion,
Nor simulate, a Throe—
~Emily Dickinson