EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Well... we are now "officially" at war....
Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 09-28-2001 11:06:00 AM
US and British Special Op Forces are fighting in Afghanistan now. And apparently have been the past few days.
http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/28/gen.america.under.attack/index.html

quote:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. and British elite forces have conducted operations within Afghanistan, a senior Bush administration official told CNN on Friday.

The Special Operations forces have been in Afghanistan and the region within the past several days, a White House source said.

The official declined to comment on Pakistani media reports that the soldiers were looking for suspected terrorist ringleader Osama bin Laden.

Such operations, customary with major military deployments like the one in the region, help gather information about terrain and possible airstrike targets, the source said.

EDITOR'S NOTE:
CNN is sensitive about reporting information that could jeopardize lives or ongoing military operations.

It is CNN's policy not to report the specifics of imminent or real-time military actions when told by appropriate authorities that this could jeopardize lives or ongoing operations.

Reports of the operations first appeared in Pakistani newspapers and, this morning, in USA Today.

Here is the Full Story:
http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/28/ret.special.operations/index.html

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 09-28-2001 11:07:00 AM
well crap.
Razor
posted 09-28-2001 11:10:00 AM
Heard that last night.
YEA- NO DRAFT!!!!
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Talolin
BANNED
posted 09-28-2001 01:03:00 PM
Woot no draft, thank god!
.sig removed by The Government
Otku
I am no longer an idiot.
posted 09-28-2001 01:08:00 PM
I wanna fight there... but I'm not old enough...
Willias
Pancake
posted 09-28-2001 01:13:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Otku:
I wanna fight there... but I'm not old enough...

I don't wanna fight there, but would if I had to, and I am not old enough either.
Hopefully if we win, the terrorist attacks will stop.

God of awesomitity
^ I misspelled "Bonehead" ^
posted 09-28-2001 01:17:00 PM
WOOT?!? NO DRAFT?!? I would KILL to be defending this country! You dirty soulless lowlives!
Dude, my followers totally reek of awesomitity! Fer sure dude!
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 09-28-2001 01:19:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by God of awesomitity:
WOOT?!? NO DRAFT?!? I would KILL to be defending this country! You dirty soulless lowlives!

Well, then you can take your ass down to the nearest recruiter.

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Melyodas Darkender
Pancake
posted 09-28-2001 01:32:00 PM
I guess i am kinda happy that i have a torn ACL (which means i cant run much or do anything wierd with my knee, therefore wont be allowed in the army) so i dont have to make the moral call of whether or not i would want to go over. But if i didnt i still wouldnt want to fight unless i was forced too.

[ 09-28-2001: Message edited by: Melyodas Darkender ]

I LIKE MILK
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 09-28-2001 01:32:00 PM

war...

omgs =( I'm hella scared now

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 09-28-2001 01:36:00 PM
quote:
I now have a reason to tell you to SHUT THE FUCK UP!

There are plenty of volunteers to go fight there. Not everyone wants to give up their lives to go fight, and possibly die, in another country. Fighting in a war just isn't for everybody. The military isn't for everybody.

Some of us have families to support, children to raise.

I'm 18, my Dad and stepmother have told me that they would rather go and fight in my place. Why? Because I haven't even had a chance to live my life.

Before you open your mouth again to speak, THINK about what the fuck you are going to say.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Pesco
posted 09-28-2001 01:37:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Aanily:

war...

omgs =( I'm hella scared now

You shouldn't be really. They already said most ( probably 85% ) of this war will be fought by Spec Ops and not conventional military units.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 09-28-2001 01:41:00 PM
and that crop duster filled with anthrax flying overhead...

(heh sorry bad joke...)

Pesco
posted 09-28-2001 01:45:00 PM
quote:

As for you, you ignorant bastard, I am probably more patrotic then alot of people here. But I'm not about to go enlist. I know my place, it is in the private sector. I dont need to put more stress on my family by going off to war, we are going through enough right now with my father working 12+ hour shifts at Airport Check Points because of this, so some form of elder figure in my household atm ( even if I do just have people play games all day ) helps alot because my mother is going slowly insane. Now imagine if I left for war... that would effectively destroy her, along with my sister, who has already threatened to do everything in her power to keep me in the states. But, I'm also not afraid to go off if my country needs me ( Reopening of the Draft ) to make sure that my family stays safe.

So just shut your mouth. I'm going to sit here and cheer my country on and help the economy by doing work here in the states. I'm doing my part in all of this.

God of awesomitity
posted 09-28-2001 01:51:00 PM
First, as far as not living your life, and me joining, I can't join. I'm 14! Also meaning I've lived less a life than you Mr. blah blah haven't lived so I have to be a wuss cus I'm 18.

Second, Pesco, I was referring to those gladly cheering for the fact that they don't have to go and fight for a worthy cause- their frikin freedom and rights as Americans! Their families safety!

Tristan
Vidi, vici, veni.
Nae's Stooge
posted 09-28-2001 01:57:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Razor:

YEA- NO DRAFT!!!!

Thank god!!

Veni, vidi, vici
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 09-28-2001 02:03:00 PM
quote:
I'm 14
You are not even old enough to have a job and contribute to society. Anything that spews forth from your mouth, be it actual, or virtual, is invalid. I don't like hypocrisy. Sure, you can say you'd go fight all you want, because you're too young to be able to, and the war will probably end before you are old enough. You've got a lot of balls, alright.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Pesco
posted 09-28-2001 02:03:00 PM
quote:
First, as far as not living your life, and me joining, I can't join. I'm 14! Also meaning I've lived less a life than you Mr. blah blah haven't lived so I have to be a wuss cus I'm 18.

Second, Pesco, I was referring to those gladly cheering for the fact that they don't have to go and fight for a worthy cause- their frikin freedom and rights as Americans! Their families safety!

Um... I'm rather glad they didn't reopen the draft.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 09-28-2001 02:17:00 PM
*is reminded of a simular conversation on another board that turned hidiously nasty*

*shudders*

LOOK they have the right to cheer not to be drafted... you have the right to want to fight in this stupidity they call a war.

PERSONALY I find fighting unnecissary and counterproductive. All we'll end up doing is being no better then the damned terrorists. Is that what we really want? People fearing us?

And yes I blaim the Taliban for being such hard ..... jerks who feel that they're so high and flipping mighty, they just couldn't hand over Laden. And spread lies that the US is all out to oppress their beliefs...

This isn't a holy war, it's an exsorcize in human stupidity.

I'll stand up for anything I feel is valid. War is never valid. Call me unamerican all you want, call me a coward, but I refuse to believe this will turn out for the better of our nation...

Il Buono
posted 09-28-2001 02:18:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Densetsu:
You are not even old enough to have a job and contribute to society. Anything that spews forth from your mouth, be it actual, or virtual, is invalid. I don't like hypocrisy. Sure, you can say you'd go fight all you want, because you're too young to be able to, and the war will probably end before you are old enough. You've got a lot of balls, alright.

You said it before I could, drat.

Il Buono
posted 09-28-2001 02:20:00 PM
quote:
Is that what we really want? People fearing us?

Yes.

God of awesomitity
posted 09-28-2001 02:22:00 PM
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by God of awesomitity:
[qb]I'm 14

You are not even old enough to have a job and contribute to society. Anything that spews forth from your mouth, be it actual, or virtual, is invalid. I don't like hypocrisy. Sure, you can say you'd go fight all you want, because you're too young to be able to, and the war will probably end before you are old enough. You've got a lot of balls, alright.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Hell, if you don't think I'd go over and shoot the hell outta anything not on my side, ask anyone that knows me. Im frikin insane. But then you give me an actual cause?!? Also, you're telling me that, because of my age, nothing I say matters or is valid?!

Il Buono
posted 09-28-2001 02:24:00 PM
Awesomeitiytiyity: Yes.
God of awesomitity
posted 09-28-2001 02:27:00 PM
To which thing?
Il Buono
posted 09-28-2001 02:28:00 PM
quote:
Also, you're telling me that, because of my age, nothing I say matters or is valid?!

That one.

Mod
Pancake
posted 09-28-2001 02:30:00 PM
quote:
You are not even old enough to have a job and contribute to society. Anything that spews forth from your mouth, be it actual, or virtual, is invalid.

I don't agree with that guy, but so everyone who is either too old, too young, or for any other reason unable to work or be drafted should just keep their mouths shut in your opinion?

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
God of awesomitity
posted 09-28-2001 02:31:00 PM
Well, you seemingly old wrinkly bastard, you can kiss my hairy youthfull arse!

(edit: I mean Demitri.)

[ 09-28-2001: Message edited by: God of awesomitity ]

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 09-28-2001 02:32:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Modrakien:
I don't agree with that guy, but so everyone who is either too old, too young, or for any other reason unable to work or be drafted should just keep their mouths shut in your opinion?
That came later than I was expecting You people are slowing down, shame shame shame.

No, I think someone who tries to belittle working Americans who are actually OLD enough to be drafted, that don't WANT to be drafted, even though this person himself is not old enough for either, is a hypocrite.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 09-28-2001 02:33:00 PM
quote:

You say bastard...then...arse? Dude, wtf?!
God of awesomitity
posted 09-28-2001 02:34:00 PM
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by God of awesomitity:
[qb]Well, you seemingly old wrinkly bastard, you can kiss my hairy youthfull arse!

You say bastard...then...arse? Dude, wtf?![/QB][/QUOTE]

I'm trying to tone it down but it isn't working well.

Il Buono
posted 09-28-2001 02:34:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Modrakien:

Someone who contributes to society in absolutely no positive manner should not be criticizing those who choose not to go to war.

Someone who is too old to be drafted has probably held a job sometime in his life, and, therefore, contributed to society. From what this guy has shown us, he just wastes oxygen while yelling at us to go die in a war that we can't win.

Il Buono
posted 09-28-2001 02:35:00 PM
quote:

(edit: I mean Demitri.)

Oh, yes, I'm a wrinkly old bastard. Fuck off, punk. You give teenagers a bad name.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 09-28-2001 02:35:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Demitri:
Someone who contributes to society in absolutely no positive manner should not be criticizing those who choose not to go to war.

Someone who is too old to be drafted has probably held a job sometime in his life, and, therefore, contributed to society. From what this guy has shown us, he just wastes oxygen while yelling at us to go die in a war that we can't win.

Thank you.
Il Buono
posted 09-28-2001 02:36:00 PM
I've gotta head out for a while.

Something Witty About Leaving Should Go Here.

God of awesomitity
posted 09-28-2001 02:36:00 PM
I have indeed worked FYI you dirty two dollar bottom feeding trash bag diarrhea slut and quite frankly, how can we lose the war?
Il Buono
posted 09-28-2001 02:38:00 PM
quote:
I have indeed worked FYI you dirty two dollar bottom feeding trash bag diarrhea slut and quite frankly, how can we lose the war?

Ok, fine, this is my last post.

Because this is a war on global terrorism. You can't fight global terrorism and win, it's impossible. You would have to control the mind of every living person and thing to do so.

Bye.

God of awesomitity
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Demitri:
[qb]Someone who contributes to society in absolutely no positive manner should not be criticizing those who choose not to go to war.

Thank you. [/QB][/QUOTE]

And you give old wrinkly bastards a bad name.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
quote:
A job, doing something productive for society. It is illegal for a 14-year-old to hold a job.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
quote:
Is that what we really want? People fearing us?

Yes, we do.

Do you think that tolerance is seriously the correct path here?! Are you aware that the Taliban is just one of many governments that practically brainwash their youth!?

quote:
Originally posted by http://usatoday.com/news/nation/2001/09/27/schools.htm :
"These schools are providing an education which is basically unchanged from the 11th century," says Islamic analyst Pervez Hoodboy. He says they produce "a student with a particular mindset, one who does not question and who can be easily motivated into fighting to the death."
God of awesomitity
posted 09-28-2001 02:39:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Demitri:
Oh, yes, I'm a wrinkly old bastard. Fuck off, punk. You give teenagers a bad name.

Ignore upper post and replace with this one.

And you give old wrinkly bastards a bad name.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: