EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Who wants free stuff in Ragnarok Online?
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-25-2001 09:36:00 PM
I feel I've milked RO for as much fun as I can get out of it (at least while it's still in alpha) so I'm giving away all my stuff. This includes:

Trident
Helm
Chain Mail
Mantaeu
Boots
Ring
60k Zeny

Instead of distributing it evenly, I'll give it to the one person who makes the most convincing argument for why I should give them my stuff. I'll pick the winner tomarrow because, well, I'm going to bed now. G'night!

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-25-2001 09:39:00 PM
I could use the Chainmail, Manteau and the cash.... I could use the upgrades and then go buy a decent sword for using when I'm not soloing....
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Tier the Genius™
Dark Elf Pimp
posted 09-25-2001 09:40:00 PM
POS gear.
Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 09-25-2001 09:40:00 PM
I need the Trident!

Otherwise, I look like a moron with my wimpy battle axe hitting for 20 while everyone around me hits for 43 damage a turn.

i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 09-25-2001 09:42:00 PM
If I were home, I would take the trident, or cash. Personally, I simply wish a better weapon, and to buy the armor I need myself
Kekvit Irae
Pancake
posted 09-25-2001 09:45:00 PM
I dont *need* anything from there, but I do *want* a lot of the stuff you are offering. I'm aiming to get my character to use spears and such, so the trident is quite handy. Of course, Zeny is always useful
Give it to whoever you feel the items best belong to. Or roll a random die :Þ
Tier the Genius™
Dark Elf Pimp
posted 09-25-2001 09:45:00 PM
I have chainmail too, and whoever begs best, or pays 40k cash (not JooJoo's, I'll ask him ) will have it!
Kanid
BANNED
posted 09-25-2001 09:54:00 PM
I want it so I can explore all of RO, then move on as you have already done, handing it down to the next person.
"Unlike adults, children have little need to deceive themselves." - Goethe
Happiness is subjective, subject yourself to it whenever possible.
"A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams." - John Barrymore
Wise men still seek Him.
Tier the Genius™
Dark Elf Pimp
posted 09-25-2001 09:55:00 PM
Sounds good, Kanid. As soon as I'm free!
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-25-2001 10:26:00 PM
Having just hit 30 still sitting in craptacular Padded Armor.....

What sucks is I get an Arbalest just AFTER the Def patch. Talk about being let down...

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 09-25-2001 10:57:00 PM
I might want it, if I wasn't so busy having fun in the DAoC Beta to play the RO Alpha.

-Tok

Kolak
Pancake
posted 09-25-2001 11:13:00 PM
can i have either of yours (JooJooFlop's or Tier's) chainmail armor? please? wood mail sux
NOTE: This is an automated e-mail post, please do not reply
ph34r me
This uselss post brought to you by:
Anthrax - The other white powder

Friz
I MA NOT A LOSRE!!!
posted 09-26-2001 04:33:00 AM
Hmm.. why should you give stuff to me..
It would help me out a lot? Where as I am level 11 and I am still hunting ceterpillars (FABRE? WTF? That was the college in Animal House)

In memory of the families of people who died in the tragic events of September 11, 2001

"What was I talking about again?"
"Before you respond with some ignorant drivel, please stop yourself."

Lazzay
omg mack attack :(
posted 09-26-2001 05:27:00 AM
*begins SAVE THE SWORDPERSON FOUNDATION!

All I have on Lazuli, a level ten swordperson, is a Falchion, a hair band, and a leather jacket ;_; It's kinda an ego-bruiser if the damn bugs are doing as much damage as you are :P

And I love you!

one two three fo let me see that tootsie roll
Lashanna
noob
posted 09-26-2001 05:37:00 AM
I love you?

*trades JooJoo a lobster for the gear*

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-26-2001 09:44:00 AM
If I get the gear others are welcome to what I'm wearing as I replace it......

Chainmail is wearable by a Thief isn't it?

Admiral Darndo
Pancake
posted 09-26-2001 01:02:00 PM
ill take what ever is left
(Crap.I used the humans language again.) -monkey
Katjya
Kelveron's Kitten
posted 09-26-2001 01:25:00 PM
I think I deserve it. Why, you ask? Well, I'm glad you did!

Because you logged off just as I stumbled across you and said hi.
Because nobody in Khyron's group is EVER online when I am anymore.
Because I'll use the cash to buy myself an arbel-whatever crossbow thingy and see what other armor an archer can wear and pass on everything else to worthy people from the EC boards.
Because I'm cute and bouncy!

Katjya Sylvertongue
Young Shadowknight and Proud Owner of her own (_|_)
Tarissa Treerunner
Mid-life Crisis Druid of House Avendur
Skaw
posted 09-26-2001 01:30:00 PM
Sigh

Not even gonna bother redownloading it... Good thing I saved my Crüxshadows list so I can get the ones that didn't make it onto the cd.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-26-2001 03:41:00 PM
Hmmmmm, so many people and so little to give. How about this: I'll keep my character's equipment for a little while longer while using all the money I have now and earn later to twink everyone.

Sound good?

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-26-2001 03:42:00 PM
Sounds like a plan to me, but if you come across another chainmail drop, let me know. Getting raped by things I get decent XP off of sucks...
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-26-2001 03:48:00 PM
Heh, the one extra defense isn't gonna stop you from getting your ass kicked. And I fight in the pyramid, not the jungle cave (no chainmail drops, but I did get a magic coat last night).
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-26-2001 03:51:00 PM
I thought it was Def 8?

That would be 2 points and then if I can sell the Padded armor (Def 6) for a decent amount I can buy a new helm item for another point or 2 of Def....

Rather annoying that the 2 accessories I have dont' actually add stats either...

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-26-2001 03:53:00 PM
It's 7def. And for some reason I can only equip one accessory (and the stat portion doesn't work).
God of awesomitity
^ I misspelled "Bonehead" ^
posted 09-26-2001 03:53:00 PM
I intend to buy the game soon! Anyone wanna keep me a stash of semi-crap?
Dude, my followers totally reek of awesomitity! Fer sure dude!
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-26-2001 03:55:00 PM
Hrm.... that sucks.... Guess I'll have to resort to saving the 34638673975 zeny for platemail....

Either that or blow a similar amount of cash to regear with a sword and shield to tank the Dopple for a while and *pray* that I get one....

Kekvit Irae
Pancake
quote:
Originally posted by God of awesomitity:

'buy' the game? It's a free download

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
You don't buy it, you download it.

Also, if anyone needs anything I'll be in the game. My character's name is JooJooFlop, of course.

Talolin
BANNED
posted 09-26-2001 03:59:00 PM
I keep trying to DL it, and it won't ever finish!!
.sig removed by The Government
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-26-2001 06:04:00 PM
Okay, after selling all my stuff (as well as my trident to Waisz for 30k), I now have over 150k with which to buy weapons for the whole lot of you. Now, do I buy a bunch of little weapons for everyone or some big ones for a select few?
Arttemis the Rogue
Amethyst's sex toy
posted 09-26-2001 06:06:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JooJooFlop:
Okay, after selling all my stuff (as well as my trident to Waisz for 30k), I now have over 150k with which to buy weapons for the whole lot of you. Now, do I buy a bunch of little weapons for everyone or some big ones for a select few?

I think you should buy me a Composite Bow

Just kidding.

Kolak
Pancake
posted 09-26-2001 06:09:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by God of awesomitity:

BUY??? lol, it's in it's alpha right now, so it's free!
ph34r me

Kolak
Pancake
posted 09-26-2001 06:10:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JooJooFlop:

can you get me a chainmail? please?

ph34r me

Kolak
Pancake
posted 09-26-2001 06:11:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Talolin:
I keep trying to DL it, and it won't ever finish!!

get it from my site:
click here

ph34r me

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-26-2001 06:16:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by nosleep:
can you get me a chainmail? please?

I'm only giving out weapons. It's been my experience that a better weapon is much more useful than better armor, especially to a newb.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-26-2001 06:47:00 PM
I could go for a Katana or, if there is one, a better 1 hander that's Theif usable.

Running through RO patch now. Wish they'd put a message on the screen that there IS something being downloaded.

*edit*

Then I get logged in and it's so damned lag that I can't move!

[ 09-26-2001: Message edited by: Random Insanity Generator ]

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-26-2001 06:53:00 PM
Next time I see a bastard sword for sale cheap I'll pick it up for you.

Maybe.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: