EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: How much do you spend on food a month?
Number 1 Poster
posted 03-14-2009 01:04:49 AM
You ever calculate how much of your cash is going to your the things you put in your mouth? I'm around $350 a month. Two Hundred is about fast food (Subway a lot).
nem-x
posted 03-14-2009 01:07:56 AM
Nina
posted 03-14-2009 01:20:25 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent nem-x is SUPER gay said:
You ever calculate how much of your cash is going to your the things you put in your mouth? I'm around $350 a month. Two Hundred is about fast food (Subway a lot).

So that's $150 in man-hookers? Pretty cheap.

Nina fucked around with this message on 03-14-2009 at 01:21 AM.

Greenlit
posted 03-14-2009 01:55:55 AM
I did it as a mental exercise on my way to work the other day

I think I was averaging around $100, but I could trim it down to 30 if things got tighter than they are currently.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 03-14-2009 03:32:27 AM
15 dollars.

Ramen and tap water!

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-14-2009 06:19:48 AM
Too much.

Food prices are soaring.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 03-14-2009 08:16:16 AM
~$50 a week per person is a reasonable figure.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-14-2009 08:50:44 AM
Generally around $400 per month for my wife and myself. Maybe more if we go out to dinner a bunch of times.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Number 1 Poster
posted 03-14-2009 09:10:38 AM
I think I need to learn to start cooking.

Or just buy a bunch of vegetables and make a sweet pita every night.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 03-14-2009 09:11:08 AM
Cooking is easy with eyes closed.
nem-x
posted 03-14-2009 09:13:36 AM
Steven Steve
posted 03-14-2009 10:44:24 AM
Jesus, it's like $30 a week for a healthful and complete diet in Oregon, and $60 if you want a large amount of variety.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Skaw
posted 03-15-2009 12:53:23 AM
quote:
Steven Steve had this to say about Cuba:
Jesus, it's like $30 a week for a healthful and complete diet in Oregon, and $60 if you want a large amount of variety.

Not everybody can live off whey and cottage cheese like yourself Steve. Well, they could, it'd just be ridiculously bland. How do you do it sir?

Razor
posted 03-15-2009 01:43:05 AM
I do $50-75 a week for food. mostly because I also have pets to feed.
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 03-15-2009 01:54:48 AM
household.. counting the pets, about 500/600$ a month.

we buy a lot of organic crap. i am sure, if needed, could half that and live with horrible terrible animal gas as they would also eat cheaper food.

Steven Steve
posted 03-15-2009 09:22:28 AM
quote:
This one time, at Skaw camp:
Not everybody can live off whey and cottage cheese like yourself Steve. Well, they could, it'd just be ridiculously bland. How do you do it sir?

I can get beef, chicken, tuna, anchovies, broccoli, spinach, milk, eggs, cheese, flax seeds, peanuts, bananas, and probably some dinner "kits" for under $60 a week

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-15-2009 09:29:03 AM
You get what you pay for with meat though, watch out for those super cheap chicken breasts that are artificially inflated with water and chemicals.

Blech.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-15-2009 11:35:36 AM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Karnaj gently hums:
Generally around $400 per month for my wife and myself. Maybe more if we go out to dinner a bunch of times.

That's about us, except not counting eating out.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Steven Steve
posted 03-15-2009 12:18:47 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Mortious said this:
You get what you pay for with meat though, watch out for those super cheap chicken breasts that are artificially inflated with water and chemicals.

Blech.

If I eat meats I usually just eat livers, hearts, spleens, etc.

right out of the carcass

Peter
Pancake
posted 03-15-2009 03:04:10 PM
I tend to get about 15-10 bucks a week for myself, but I budget myself 25 a week and bank the surplus so when I do see something for a good price I can stock up/freeze it, so mostly I am buying my fresh produce, milk or beer during the week.

quote:
nem-x is SUPER gay had this to say about Knight Rider:
I think I need to learn to start cooking.

Or just buy a bunch of vegetables and make a sweet pita every night.

This is not so cheap sometimes, fresh produce, in my cases at least, tends to inflate the food budget unless you have plenty of stores to pick the sales out from, or a Co-Op that sells direct nearby.

quote:
Mortious obviously shouldn't have said:

IMHO Seafood is one of the worst meats to deal with when it comes to sellers fucking with it, most shrimp and molluscs get a treatment of TSP(Tri-Sodium-Phosphate) which tend to plump them up and add lot of water, or they pump the fish with nitrogen or some shit--Tuna steaks being a good example, Alot of the Ahi/Yellowfin Tuna that gets sold is a shade of red that looks nothing like it fresh, frozen fresh or even brined and frozen.

nem-x
posted 03-15-2009 03:07:30 PM
tsp is hazardous if you get it on your skin, let alone eat it
Steven Steve
posted 03-15-2009 03:21:51 PM
Just eat canned stuff. Tlust me

Peter
Pancake
posted 03-15-2009 03:43:39 PM
quote:
nem-x's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
tsp is hazardous if you get it on your skin, let alone eat it

My bad, Sodium tripolyphosphate.

quote:
Steven Steve wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Just eat canned stuff. Trust me

When I Pull 300lbs of it out of the Goddanm ocean, I eat it...all flipping summer long... I am rather amazed I haven't gotten mercury posioning yet.

Peter fucked around with this message on 03-15-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Steven Steve
posted 03-15-2009 04:39:33 PM
Unless you're eating great white sharks or something, mercury shouldn't be a big concern

Ares
posted 03-15-2009 09:43:48 PM
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 03-15-2009 10:32:51 PM
quote:
Steven Steve got a whole lot of nerve:
Unless you're eating great white sharks or something, mercury shouldn't be a big concern

i eat colossal squids, should i worry?

Steven Steve
posted 03-16-2009 01:41:42 AM
yes

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: