EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So I bought a new computer. [Brag thread]
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-06-2007 12:39:02 AM
Yes, this is a brag thread. I'm excited. And I haven't posted a brag thread in years.

quote:
Aviator CX7 Duo
# Integrated V.92 56K Fax/Data Modem - Qty: 1
# 17" WSXGA+ 1680x1050 VividView™ Display w/ Super Clear Glossy Surface - Qty: 1
# Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Controller - Qty: 1
# 3 Year Platinum Warranty with 24/7 Toll-Free Tech Support - Qty: 1
# 100GB 7200rpm Serial-ATA Hard Drive with NCQ & 8MB Cache - Qty: 1
# Internal 802.11A/G 54Mbps Wireless Mini PCI for CX7 - Qty: 1
# Aviator CX7 in Silver with Tinted Brushed Aluminum Cover - Qty: 1
# Built-in High Definition 3D Sound System for CX7 - Qty: 1
# (No Disaster Recovery DVD) - Qty: 1
# 8X DVD ± R/W Drive Dual Layer w/ DVD Recording Software - Qty: 1
# Intel® 945PM chipset + ICH7M Mobile Motherboard (CX7-Duo) - Qty: 1
# Aviator CX7 Duo: High Performance 17" Centrino Duo Gaming Notebook - Qty: 1
# 2.16GHz Dual Core Intel Core 2 Duo T7400 | 4MB L2 Cache - Qty: 1
# Nvidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX PCI-Express 512MB GDDR3 - Qty: 1
# Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium CD x32 & Manual Pre-Installed & Configured - Qty: 1

After a year of debating and bouncing around decisions, I went with this system from Hypersonic for a couple of reasons:

1) A comparable Dell system was much more expensive and didn't allow me to select "No RAM" so I could install my own.

2) Tech support during daytime hours, at least according to most reviewers, isn't outsourced to India. And it doesn't seem to be in off-hours either.

3) They offered the 7950 GTX Go. If the Mac had something other than a X1600 (which doesn't hold a candle to this card), then I may have gone with that.

I decided on a laptop because I'm going to likely be out of the country for a year. That, coupled with it being upgrade time for my old reliable system that got me through college, led me to buying this beauty. I can't wait, it gets to me in 7-10 days.

Brag about your recent new computer stuff here!

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 03-06-2007 at 12:40 AM.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 03-06-2007 12:53:56 AM
What'd you pay for it?
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Tyewa Dawnsister
In Poverty
posted 03-06-2007 12:59:49 AM
I'm curious to know how much it weighs and what the dimensions are, I am assuming this is a laptop.
"And God said: 'Let there be Satan, so people don't blame everything on me. And let there be lawyers, so people don't blame everything on Satan." - George Burns
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-06-2007 01:15:18 AM
Yup, this is a laptop.

15.6"W x 11.5"D x ~1.8"H, 8.3 pounds according to Hypersonic's site. Yes, it's pretty massive, but I'm not worried about that since it's more of a desktop replacement for me.

And it clocked in right around $2500 (add in another $140 for the two gigs of RAM off of Newegg and $40 for a new laptop bag).

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: