EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: [D&D] Hey guys guess what
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 06-24-2005 01:55:47 AM
My mental bored cycle spun today and it landed on 'Start another D&D game'. So I've spent the last few hours writing and I've got a campaign that I'm actually excited about. Minor storyline background/preview ahead.

At first the darkness was just isolated to the new city of Drom, a greyish void that extended infinitly into the sky around the entire countryside, blacking out the sun and allowing undead to suddenly rise up and walk at any time of day. Soon towers began to pop up throughout the land, spreading the black blight deeper and deeper into the lands surrounding. With the Tablan Empire still divided from Marlon and the Sword of Kings there was nobody to gather a force to fight back the infant power. Soon city after city became consumed by the darkness, undead killing all those who did not flee from the seeming limitless forces of Drom the Mighty.

So yeah, this is a campaign I'm going to do my damndest to actually continue for once. Anyone who may be interested in playing a character either PM me or contact me through IRC. For those who have never played in one of my campaigns every character begins its life with a set of arcane and mundane abilities rolled random on creation. All PMs should have some form of character in mind.

So, uh, go.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 06-24-2005 02:56:18 AM
So uh..3.0? 3.5? Arcane and mundane abilities?

I like the little write up, but can you elaborate things a little?

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 06-24-2005 02:58:37 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Caid '5 Fists' Berrit wrote:

Ferret's always had a custom system for stuff. I'm sure he'll explain it better sooner or later. ;D

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 06-24-2005 03:04:06 AM
quote:
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit had this to say about Pirotess:

I tend to pick and choose between 3.0, 3.5, and custom rules depending on what works, what makes snese, and how broke I am to buy new books. mostly 3.5 though

Arcane and Mundane abilities are a set of magical and, well, mundane your character was either born with or picked up along the way. Arcane abilities range from things such as minor enhancements to certain weapons or skills to being sired by demons/efreet/were creatures. Mundane are mostly what social class you were born into and what jobs you had before you were an adventurer.

If you have a very specific character type in mind I'm very lenient with the Mundane, although not as much with Arcane. People tend to get abilites based that coincide with their character concept though.

Addy
posted 06-24-2005 03:33:37 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 06-24-2005 07:22:38 AM
addy the D&D dropout
hey
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 06-24-2005 07:57:44 AM
As much as FerretDnD rocks, I already have games on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays, and I work on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. This basically only leaves me with Sunday or Tuesday to fit in a fourth game.

I'm very interested, so expect a PM from me later, Ferret. I'm not really going to expect my availability to be compatible though.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 06-24-2005 08:13:23 AM
I'm not sure whether or not I'd be interested at this point. However I see no harm in posing the important questions.
  • Do you place more emphasis on roleplay, or on combat?
  • What's the starting level for characters?
  • How long ago did the problems in Drom begin? (months/years/generations)
  • How are you handling ability scores?

You've already answered the following:

• Do you want a character history, a quick concept summary, or just the charsheet?
  • What system are you using (3.0/3.5/other/custom)?

`Doc fucked around with this message on 06-24-2005 at 09:13 AM.

• Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
    There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
    I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
    Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
    Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Bloodcookie
    Pancake
    posted 06-25-2005 02:32:15 PM
    PM'd!

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
    All times are US/Eastern
    Hop To: