EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Wuwu~ AT-AT.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 01-11-2004 04:37:10 PM
So, they're finally putting it back into the game (Supposedly, was in before but buggy and broken).

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=setandget&tp=27706&poll_id=0&category_id=20&warned=y

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=setandget&tp=27705&poll_id=0&category_id=20&warned=y

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=27725

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=27761

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=27762

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=27763

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=setandget&tp=27708&poll_id=0&category_id=2 0&warned=y

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=setandget&tp=27707&poll_id=0&category_id=20&warned=y

Bah, fuck it. I'm too lazy to turn them all into URLs. Someone else do it for me!

Jargum
Doughnut
posted 01-11-2004 04:52:24 PM
*drools*
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 01-11-2004 04:58:31 PM
Resistance to Inner Star Wars geek, weakening.
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 01-11-2004 05:03:23 PM
I bet an X-Box could bring that down effortlessly.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 01-11-2004 05:03:59 PM
X-BOX IS HUGE LOL!!!1
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 01-11-2004 05:25:47 PM
X-BOX IS HUGE LOL!!!1
diadem
eet bugz
posted 01-11-2004 05:40:39 PM
Good thing it's on MY side

Did they tone down the AT-STs yet?

edit: Tell me that can't be a pet!

[ 01-11-2004: Message edited by: diadem ]

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Khyron
posted 01-11-2004 05:45:14 PM
quote:
diadem had this to say about Cuba:
Good thing it's on MY side

Did they tone down the AT-STs yet?

edit: Tell me that can't be a pet!

Last I heard, not a pet. Just a spawn. Most likely only in HEAVILY imperial cities (IE : ones with imp faction recruiters, like Bestine), though I've also heard rumours that the new base, the BIG base, the Strategic HQ, will contain them...

AT-ST's were slightly toned down. Less armor, more HP (55k HAM now). But really, they don't need to tone them down - they're SUPPOSED to be powerful...

diadem
eet bugz
posted 01-11-2004 05:46:33 PM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about Tron:
Last I heard, not a pet. Just a spawn. Most likely only in HEAVILY imperial cities (IE : ones with imp faction recruiters, like Bestine), though I've also heard rumours that the new base, the BIG base, the Strategic HQ, will contain them...

AT-ST's were slightly toned down. Less armor, more HP (55k HAM now). But really, they don't need to tone them down - they're SUPPOSED to be powerful...

What do the rebel fith get? Some pathetic jedi? Followers that dieing religion being crushed under the swift justice of the empire's might?

[ 01-11-2004: Message edited by: diadem ]

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 01-11-2004 05:48:11 PM
Why, the rebels get ewoks!

And Rocks!

And Tree Trunks!

Khyron
posted 01-11-2004 05:51:12 PM
quote:
So quoth diadem:
What does the rebel fith get?

They don't

Rebels are currently the dominant force in the universe. They outnumber the imperials 2 to 1 or worse, on most servers. The empire needs a boost badly, they're supposed to be the oppressive, evil ones. Right now most imperials are so badly outnumbered they don't dare to travel overt. Rebels patrol the streets of Coronet, the capital of Corellia, one of the largest and most important planets like.... EVER.

Between stronger AT-ST's, AT-AT's, and the imperial crackdown that's coming... the 'balance' (I use the term loosely, imperials are SUPPOSED to outnumber and outgun the rebels) shall be restored.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-11-2004 05:56:36 PM
Then everyone will start going Imperial and whines of Imperial Superiority shall come up...its a vicious circle
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Khyron
posted 01-11-2004 05:58:14 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Katrinity said this:
Then everyone will start going Imperial and whines of Imperial Superiority shall come up...its a vicious circle

That's kinda the point.

The empire is supposed to be pretty much de facto the victors in most confrontations... this is set right after A New Hope, right before Empire Strikes Back The Empire is due for the winz until the 2nd death star goes boom.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-11-2004 06:59:56 PM
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 01-11-2004 08:12:34 PM
This one cracks me up "Ohshitohshitohshitohshit!"
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-11-2004 11:25:40 PM
Man those resistances are badass. Time for this little rebel to start saving for a ship of her own to kill kill kill!
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-11-2004 11:57:05 PM
quote:
Sith Lord Nae had this to say about Pirotess:
Man those resistances are badass. Time for this little rebel to start saving for a ship of her own to kill kill kill!

OMG Nae is a terrorist!!!

Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 01-12-2004 12:11:18 AM
These shots look so much better than the ones you post.

Image Dump is giving me the finger.

There was a signature here... it's gone now.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-12-2004 10:19:17 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Sakkra was all like:
OMG Nae is a terrorist!!!

Smuggler/Commando at your service. RAR! Which means I can switch sides if I want to. I am a cutsie cutsie little thing.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-12-2004 10:25:06 AM
quote:
Sith Lord Nae thought about the meaning of life:
Smuggler/Commando at your service. RAR! Which means I can switch sides if I want to. I am a cutsie cutsie little thing.

Ooh, a double agent are we?

<tickle-tortures NaeNae till she spills all her secrets>

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-12-2004 10:51:26 AM
Good thing I am not ticklish!!! (how do you spell that anyway?)

*steals Katrinity's pecan cookies and runs!*

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-12-2004 10:53:08 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Sith Lord Nae said:
Good thing I am not ticklish!!! (how do you spell that anyway?)

*steals Katrinity's pecan cookies and runs!*

!

<hops onto her swoop bike and takes off after Nae!>

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-12-2004 11:25:42 AM
Jabba will love these cookies!

/flee

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-12-2004 11:28:42 AM
Gasp! Not Jabba!
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-12-2004 11:29:47 AM
Jabba is a huge, furless, cookie monster.

They both speak the same way.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-12-2004 11:58:33 AM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about Optimus Prime:
That's kinda the point.

The empire is supposed to be pretty much de facto the victors in most confrontations... this is set right after A New Hope, right before Empire Strikes Back The Empire is due for the winz until the 2nd death star goes boom.

While that may be how it is in the star wars universe, the game has to be balanced and enjoyable for both sides, not just the imperials. The rebels NEED to have a fighting chance. It seems everyone went imperial just because they thought that they would be overpowered...and they arent.

You HAVE to have balance in a game, I'm sorry. A perfectly true to the star wars universe game WOULDN'T be fun.

Khyron
posted 01-12-2004 12:24:12 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Falaanla Marr wrote:
While that may be how it is in the star wars universe, the game has to be balanced and enjoyable for both sides, not just the imperials. The rebels NEED to have a fighting chance. It seems everyone went imperial just because they thought that they would be overpowered...and they arent.

You HAVE to have balance in a game, I'm sorry. A perfectly true to the star wars universe game WOULDN'T be fun.

I see....

Despite the fact that the empire is a huge, oppressive presence who controls the galaxy in its iron grip, we have to keep it 'balanced'. And by balanced, you mean 'Rebels outnumbering Imperials 2 to 1, walking the streets without fear of being challenged, and entire bases being wiped off the map for Holocrons'

Fal, it's Star Wars, and right now it's not a Galactic Civil War, it's a Galactic Civil Joke. Everyone joins the rebellion because they know they're gonna win in the end, and because people keep crying for balance, the empire is reduced to little more than a nuisance instead of an oppressive regime.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: