EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Palador!
Lashanna
noob
posted 12-30-2002 01:02:53 PM
I think your Sigpic is awesome...
It's incredible artwork, where'd ya get it?
Could you post a full size version?

And is it just me, or is there a disturbingly large bulge in his groin...? My mind just could be in the gutter...

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 12-30-2002 01:05:33 PM
There seems to be a set of bulges in your picture as well. not that anyone is complaining. or they will die.
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 12-30-2002 01:09:22 PM
It's a picture from the EQ:RPG book, Monsters of Norath. It's a couple pages in, before they actually start listing monsters. A friend of mine scanned it from my book so I could use it as a sigpic.

Here's the entire picture as it was scanned.

While there's no title to that picutre in the book, I think it's supposed to be the Iksar Monk/Master in TD.

Edit: You can see that it wasn't the best scan in the world. That's why I went with shrinking it down some for my sigpic, instead of cropping more off. It hides some of the fuzzyness that way.

[ 12-30-2002: Message edited by: Palador ChibiDragon ]

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Lashanna
noob
posted 12-30-2002 01:17:43 PM
...There actually is a rather large bulge...

I wasn't just imagining things because my mind is in the gutter...

...Or maybe my mind IS in the gutter because I noticed it...

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 12-30-2002 01:19:36 PM
I though lizards had mostly internal genitals (onose, conversation flashback)
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-30-2002 01:22:09 PM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon's account was hax0red to write:

While there's no title to that picutre in the book, I think it's supposed to be the Iksar Monk/Master in TD.

Actually, if you'll look at it, it's not wearing any monkly garb, but instead, looks like a generic trooper.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 12-30-2002 01:24:18 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Lashanna said:
...There actually is a rather large bulge...

I wasn't just imagining things because my mind is in the gutter...

...Or maybe my mind IS in the gutter because I noticed it...

Nope, you're not the only one that noticed it.

Verant never did go into detail as to just how "human" Iksar are in that area. It might be that they have something to bulge there, or maybe it's like some people having an "outie" belly button.

Given that Verant left those details off ALL the creatures in EQ, I would say that it's fair for an artist to assume that there should be a large bulge there.

Then again, that might just be a strangly placed pocket with something in it.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Lashanna
noob
posted 12-30-2002 01:25:39 PM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Then again, that might just be a strangly placed pocket with something in it.

...Is that a Fighting Baton in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 12-30-2002 01:27:52 PM
quote:
Densetsu's fortune cookie read:

Actually, if you'll look at it, it's not wearing any monkly garb, but instead, looks like a generic trooper.

I might be remembering wrong, but I think the Monk in question has the generic trooper armor on in EQ.

I also based it off of the fact that he looks tough, older (see the head horns), and is standing on uneaven rocks (said Monk appears on mountains).

Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 12-30-2002 01:45:59 PM
I am gonna have to agree with lash on this one, there is a distinct bulge there that leads me to believe that the iskar has recently returned from a dark elf camp. =p
I don't discriminate...I hate everyone.
Steven Steve
posted 12-30-2002 02:42:56 PM
he wears normal monk stuff

take it from someone that knows

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 12-30-2002 03:37:27 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
he wears normal monk stuff

take it from someone that knows

Ok. It's been a while since I've seen him. I guess I just mis-remembered.

»Waisztarroz«
Pancake
posted 12-30-2002 05:50:33 PM
I'm not seeing this bulge.

One leg is in front of the other. From that angle, such a stance completely blocks out the groin.

And his loincloth is draped somewhat over his leg as well as his groin, I think.

I <3 Steel Battalion!
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 12-30-2002 07:36:56 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on »Waisztarroz«!
I'm not seeing this bulge.

One leg is in front of the other. From that angle, such a stance completely blocks out the groin.

And his loincloth is draped somewhat over his leg as well as his groin, I think.

That's an illusion caused in part by the shadow of his arm falling upon his leg. The leg that's propped up is his left leg, and the loin cloth partially covers his groin.

Looking at it the way you are, notice how long the upper part of his leg would be compared to the lower part of his leg? It just doesn't work.

»Waisztarroz«
Pancake
posted 12-30-2002 07:45:27 PM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon said this about your mom:
That's an illusion caused in part by the shadow of his arm falling upon his leg. The leg that's propped up is his left leg, and the loin cloth partially covers his groin.

Looking at it the way you are, notice how long the upper part of his leg would be compared to the lower part of his leg? It just doesn't work.

I...uhh..holy shit

That artist must've been stoned off his ass when he drew that.

Reptiles have internal genitalia, dammit.

You'd think it'd kill an artist to take a look at a science book.

Also, cat people shouldn't have the bewbies (talking about EQ here still).

[ 12-30-2002: Message edited by: »Waisztarroz« ]

I <3 Steel Battalion!
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 12-30-2002 11:33:31 PM
Further reason FV got into the iksar bondage... all the ladies love the lizard. And for the record, yes, I am aware of my hellbound status.
Steven Steve
posted 12-31-2002 12:08:40 AM
omg pm
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: