EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Who's your daddy?
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 05-01-2002 06:21:42 PM
New parts installed. Feel the speed.

I haven't even upped the juice to the processor yet.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 05-01-2002 06:23:36 PM
all that just to play old win95 and dos games?
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 05-01-2002 06:23:54 PM
Niiiicee... Too bad it's Pentium.

OMG JOKE NO HUR-AAAHHH PUT DOWN THE HOT LEAD!

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 05-01-2002 06:24:37 PM
My 300 mhz processor pwns j00.
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 05-01-2002 06:25:54 PM
Who is your daddy, and what does he do?
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Blindy
posted 05-01-2002 06:26:00 PM
quote:
Soldar had this to say about Cuba:
My 300 mhz processor pwns j00.

My system bus is almost twice as fast as your processor.

Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 05-01-2002 06:26:14 PM
Thats nice.
I dont care.
Delphi
I walk in the Light
Facing the Darkness Boldly
I fear no Evil
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-01-2002 06:27:54 PM
quote:
Sentow had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

EET'S NAHT A TUMAH!!!

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 05-01-2002 06:28:10 PM
quote:
Sentow Model 2000 was programmed to say:

Kindergarten Cop?

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 05-01-2002 06:30:57 PM
quote:
D had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Kindergarten Cop?

'twas.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Waisztarroz
I love democracy
posted 05-01-2002 06:35:16 PM
AMD > Intel

Oh ho I win.

[ 05-01-2002: Message edited by: Waisztarroz ]

Yes, that's right, hot live sex!
There's a raptor behind you.
Resident grammar whore.
Warning, flames imminent!
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-01-2002 06:41:54 PM
quote:
Waisztarroz had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
AMD > Intel

Fixed an error. Pentium isn't a company, silly.

I agree with the (corrected) statement.

Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 05-01-2002 06:43:57 PM
quote:
Blind Swordsman attempted to be funny by writing:
My system bus is almost twice as fast as your processor.

Soldar sobs quietly in a corner.

Blindy
posted 05-01-2002 06:47:03 PM

the links are good but my server only does 10 connections at once so if you get a red x just right click-> show picture.

[ 05-01-2002: Message edited by: Blind Swordsman ]

Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 05-01-2002 06:55:53 PM
holy zombie jesus on a pogo stick that things fast

blind swordsman, you are my god

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Tier the Genius™
Dark Elf Pimp
posted 05-01-2002 07:15:51 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Delphi Aegis said this:
Thats nice.
I dont care.

Blindy
posted 05-01-2002 07:24:42 PM
quotith the drysart...
quote:
don't even bother posting if you're not going to contribute something worthwhile to the thread.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 05-01-2002 09:09:22 PM
quote:
Tier probably says this to all the girls:
[QUOTE]There was much rejoicing when Delphi Aegis said this:
[qb]Thats nice.
I dont care.

[/QB][/QUOTE]
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 05-02-2002 04:26:01 AM
I think the Drysart quote is relevant to the entire thread

Seriously, what do you intend to do with that much speed? and what do you hope to achieve by posting benchmark testing scores about it here? bragging rights?

Until the day comes where I see 1 ghz and up as the minimum requirements on games I want to play... *shrugs* guess I just don't really care about being SOTA.

That's State of the Art for those not in the know

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Blindy
posted 05-02-2002 04:41:11 AM
quote:
KaLourin DthBlayde had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
I think the Drysart quote is relevant to the entire thread

Seriously, what do you intend to do with that much speed? and what do you hope to achieve by posting benchmark testing scores about it here? bragging rights?

Until the day comes where I see 1 ghz and up as the minimum requirements on games I want to play... *shrugs* guess I just don't really care about being SOTA.

That's State of the Art for those not in the know

a few people said i wouldn't be able to hit 2.2 with a 1.6a chip. i'm just showing them that i did.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-02-2002 05:49:17 AM
coulda just said "Hey, I hit 2.2 GhZ with my chip" and posted a single screenshot (that wcpuid one) but with the benchmarks, its like you are dick waving or something.

And it looks like in a couple areas the Athlon XP1800+ beats out that pentium chip.

But I wont turn this into a AMD > PENITUM ROOFLEZ YAES thread

[ 05-02-2002: Message edited by: Falaanla Marr ]

Blindy
posted 05-02-2002 06:01:03 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
coulda just said "Hey, I hit 2.2 GhZ with my chip" and posted a single screenshot (that wcpuid one) but with the benchmarks, its like you are dick waving or something.

And it looks like in a couple areas the Athlon XP1800+ beats out that pentium chip.

But I wont turn this into a AMD > PENITUM ROOFLEZ YAES thread

If by a couple of areas you mean 1, the dhrystone logic unit test, that verys widely if i run the test 5 times in a row my score goes between 4020 and 4290 million instructions per second, which beats the score they have listed for the AthlonXP 1800+. I would post screenshots but I don't want to wave my dick around.

if you ask me the 600 MFLOPS difference is more than enough to say my processor would play games faster.

Squire Twitch
Pancake
posted 05-02-2002 06:01:58 AM
And with the money you PCwhores spend on upgrades, you could save an entire village in Africa, just by sending the money to Sally Struthers..

Shame on you.

My parents just came back from a planet where the dominant lifeform had no bilateral symmetry, and all I got was this stupid F-Shirt
Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-02-2002 06:02:08 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Blind Swordsman wrote:
a few people said i wouldn't be able to hit 2.2 with a 1.6a chip. i'm just showing them that i did.

Have you tried running it for any length of time, or doing anything CPU-intensive?

Maradon!
posted 05-02-2002 06:11:42 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Blind Swordsman was all like:
if you ask me the 600 MFLOPS difference is more than enough to say my processor would play games faster.

You paid almost twice as much as you would have for an AMD board and processor and you will not notice a difference.

ZING!

Blindy
posted 05-02-2002 06:12:03 AM
quote:
Drysart painfully thought these words up:
Have you tried running it for any length of time, or doing anything CPU-intensive?

I ran sisoftware's burn in wizard last night the entire night, still rock solid. i haven't rebooted since yesterday when i installed roxio 5, no glitches i can see yet. One thing i am going to do though is buy better heat sink unit this guy is getting close to 116 degrees, i don't like my MASSIVLY OVERCLOCKED p4 running as hot as a STOCK athlon.

ooh wait i do feel like waving my dick around.

ok i'm done now.

Blindy
posted 05-02-2002 06:16:05 AM
quote:
This one time, at Maradön? camp:
You paid almost twice as much as you would have for an AMD board and processor and you will not notice a difference.

ZING!

Really?
This is how much i payed for the entire upgrade.

that is on par with most athlon setups, if not cheaper because I only needed a 350 watt power supply, not a 400 or 450.

Maradon!
posted 05-02-2002 06:19:34 AM
Athalon XP 2200 runs fine with a 300w power supply.

Athalon XP 1600 is available for $80, with a compatible motherboard available for $40.

Blindy
posted 05-02-2002 06:21:00 AM
quote:
Maradön? impressed everyone with:
Athalon XP 2200 runs fine with a 300w power supply.

Athalon XP 1600 is available for $80, with a compatible motherboard available for $40.

you might want to buy a heat sink for it. and if you put your computer together around a $40 motherboard, you should be shot or work for packerd bell.

[ 05-02-2002: Message edited by: Blind Swordsman ]

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-02-2002 06:26:52 AM
Actually, Swordsman, you WONT play games much faster, at least not yet.

Maybe in a year after your processor has managed to implode your entire computer itll be able to make the games faster -- but WTF is the point in getting more FPS when you already have full details on at 60 FPS? Your eye cant detect any more than that, anyway.

Im running EVERY SINGLE GAME i own, at least 1290x1024 (some in 1600x1200x32) with full details, and getting NO slowdown, and Ive only got a TBird 1400, 1.5 GB of PC133 ram, and a GF4 Ti4400.

Ya may wanna wait to OC that processor till ya need to, so ya dont take any un necessary risks yet with it.

And Maradon -- its Athlon, not Athalon.

ATHLON ATHLON ATHLON! Not some suffix for a type of track and field event.

[ 05-02-2002: Message edited by: Falaanla Marr ]

Blindy
posted 05-02-2002 06:33:35 AM
ooho! comparable athlon setup found! this is the cheapest mobo i could find with raid and usb 2.0 for the XP's

You can pick your own heat sink for 20-40 bucks and your own power supply and ram for that setup. I guess i payed twice as much.. if you think twice as much means 30 bucks more.

Fal- 60 fps is to slow for me. 100+ is a big advantage when you're playing multiplayer, since turning corners you notice jumps between frames when you are turning really fast. 200+ is even better.

Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 05-02-2002 06:48:55 AM
This isn't much..but It's the best we have right now.
I don't remember how to get all the specs on one window like Blindy

[ 05-02-2002: Message edited by: Red Mage ]

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-02-2002 06:49:02 AM
Then you must be superhuman or something.

Ive run Quake3 and such at 60FPS. at 100. at 150. I SAW NO DIFFERENCE.

Ah well, if you are chasing 200 fps, yer gonna be spending alot of money for nothing, IMO

Blindy
posted 05-02-2002 06:54:32 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Pirotess:
Then you must be superhuman or something.

Ive run Quake3 and such at 60FPS. at 100. at 150. I SAW NO DIFFERENCE.

Ah well, if you are chasing 200 fps, yer gonna be spending alot of money for nothing, IMO

sorry fal i do see a difference, i'm not yanking your crank. It's not slowdown that you notice it's jerkyness when you are turning around quickly.

Let's say you are getting 60 fps. you turn 90 degrees in .25 seconds, which is something that people do all the time in counterstrike and quake 3. You would notice a 6 degree change of your point of view between every frame. It doesn't seem like much but i notice it. 6 degrees could easily hide a person or two, and 6 degrees could also put your cursor clear on the other side of the target you wanted to hit.

try using a rail gun while in the air firing at a target that's also in the air at 60 fps then try it again at 200 fps.. you will notice a difference, it is about 30 times easier.

quote:
Red Mage had this pitiful crap to say:
This isn't much..but It's the best we have right now.
I don't remember how to get all the specs on one window like Blindy

download and install this
http://www.sisoftware.demon.co.uk/san_dem/html/dload.htm

run the benchmarks.

Steven Steve
posted 05-02-2002 08:21:19 AM
lololololLOLOLOLO there is a computer 2 rooms away with a P4 clocked at 2.4 ghz

and it has a VisionTek GeForce 4 Ti4600

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Blindy
posted 05-02-2002 08:23:12 AM
quote:
Fazumzen Fastfist's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
lololololLOLOLOLO there is a computer 2 rooms away with a P4 clocked at 2.4 ghz

and it has a VisionTek GeForce 4 Ti4600

then why dont you get HIM to post on the boards. Looooser....

Blindy
posted 05-02-2002 08:39:14 AM
I can't wait to slap this baby in there...
http://www.chaintechusa.com/IMAGES/VGA/HR/agt61b.jpg
Suddar Williams
SUDAR WILAMS
posted 05-02-2002 11:11:01 AM
Your wang is obviously superior to mine, for I use an Athlon which so obviously sucks, not to mention the clock is only 1.2ghz. Oh, oh, woe is me. Woe is me. What ever shall I do. Oh, look, a tear rolls down my cheek. I hurt on the inside. You have ruined my life. I hate you. I hate you. Oh lord have mercy. Oh. Oh. I hate you so much.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-02-2002 11:46:29 AM
Blind,

Ive never once seen enough of that to make a difference, when turning corners in games and such, I don't miss anyone.

But ya also gotta remember, this is all over 1/4th of a second. 6 degrees per second might make a huge difference. But yer turning this 6 degrees in like .01 seconds, or something small. its probably not exacly .01, but i dont feel like doing hte damn math here at work.

But when you are turning that fast in that TINY timeframe, if you were gonna miss someone because you turn 6 degrees per frame instead of 3, you were likely gonna miss em anyway.

Just personal opinion here, really, though. Other things that are gonna factor into that though are net connection (yes, even the most perfect connection), among many other things.

But hey, if it makes ya happy, thats cool. I myself upgrade so that I dont have to downgrade any settings in games to get what I consider good performance (60+ FPS).

If I have to downgrade settings, its upgrade time for me

Fal

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-02-2002 11:54:31 AM
I'm perfectly happy with my 1GHz. I have no slowdown in games (unless they have a shite graphics engine), even when I turn around.

Although that's mainly to do with how I maintain software and drivers within my system. It's as clean inside.. as it is outside.

[ 05-02-2002: Message edited by: Mortious ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: