EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Just Why IS Lake of Ill Omen An Idiot Zoo?
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 08-01-2001 08:40:00 PM
Any suggestions? That zone does seem to host a large % of the idiot population of EQ...
diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-01-2001 08:42:00 PM
been away from eq for months but uhm.. could always try the karanas.. same level range
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-01-2001 08:43:00 PM
Any zone that offers good exp with little effort will attract people. And the more people there are the more idiots there will be among them.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Skaw
posted 08-01-2001 08:50:00 PM
Just wait until you are high enough for KC

Most of the trains in there are the same exact train over and over again because people don't seem to know they have to wait for the things to return before going back to their camps.

Sarudani Miolnir
Old-school poster
posted 08-01-2001 08:57:00 PM
Besides staying out of LIO?

The beach area just outside the walls in OT was comparable in exp and loot to LIO in the high teens and low twenties.

Sar...

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 08-01-2001 10:18:00 PM
I solo'ed from 20-25 in OT, outside the WW zone, to the Mudhole(Which has a vendor, so YIPEE)

At 25 I went to the goblin caves, and solo to (where I am now) 28. I got 26 in one night, and the next day, 27. 2 days later, 28. About that time, I took a break and went to Velious, boy am I sorry I did that

I'm heading back to the gob caves til I hit 30, then I'm probably going to FM.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Lalamile
My title doesn't even make sense any more
posted 08-01-2001 10:30:00 PM
I spend my hours in MM. It is such a .... it has few idiots, (they all died and we back the orc camps) and ... well.. I think it just a fun zone to hunt in... such a risk of dieing...
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 08-02-2001 07:10:00 AM
For some reason i shun all Kunark zones but Sebilis...too many newbies. After the upgrade to some zones' ZEM, the old world is generally far better xp for the effort. The idiots hang in LoIO because its decent xp and there are lots of mobs. The old school people went back to South Karana. If i were you, i would go there.
hey
Somu Icewalker
Also known as Diet Dr. Evil
posted 08-02-2001 08:19:00 AM
Nope SK has it's share of "Let's pull the whole Avark tree" idiots.
Lalian Viajante
Pancake
posted 08-02-2001 08:24:00 AM
Lake of Ill Omen reminds me a lot of Oasis. Burning Woods is also similar. Folks go where they can get easy exp. All of these places (Oasis, Lake of Ill Omen, Overthere, and Burning Woods) offer exp with little to no risk. I would say if you don't like it go to a dungeon, but unfortunately, most low to mid level dungeon on Quellious are empty other than farmers.
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 08-02-2001 03:26:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Somo Icewalker:
Nope SK has it's share of "Let's pull the whole Avark tree" idiots.

not on Test it doesn't

i'm lvl 24 and i useually go into Splitpaw with groups of 30-35. EXP isn't the best but on Test the people 30-35 tend to be overall smarter due to the fact that idiots give up on Test before then

Somu Icewalker
Also known as Diet Dr. Evil
posted 08-02-2001 03:29:00 PM
The idiots don't even know how to get to the test server anyway
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 08-02-2001 03:49:00 PM
we get one occasionally. it's humerous actually how fast he/she gets laughed at and ostracized.

actually, other than twinks most of the n00bs there ARE n00bs so it's actually cool helping one

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: Geeorn ]

Turlis, After Counseling
Yes, the counselor was scared too.
posted 08-02-2001 05:53:00 PM
Ive noticed that every water/lake zone is full of idiots.

Lake Rathe - IDIOT CENTRAL
OOT - IDIOT CENTRAL
Oasis - GRAND IDIOT CENTRAL DELUXE VERSION 5.4

I never played either of the expansions, so I can't really judge those zones.

Teehee.
Mightion Defensor
posted 08-02-2001 06:00:00 PM
Techinally speaking, a zoo is where the animals are locked up in cages where they can't hurt anyone.

The idiots in LoIO and Oasis roam free... you can't really call them idiot zoos, more like, "idiot refuges"...

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-02-2001 06:00:00 PM
BTW, Runnyeye = uber exp for it's level. I got a full blue bub for soloing a blue sporali defender.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Riversong
Pancake
posted 08-02-2001 06:09:00 PM
what level is runnyeye for now?...didn't they change it?
~*Riversong Averangel*~
56th level wandering bard on SolRo

image from: BlueRaven's Vault

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 08-02-2001 07:38:00 PM
Yeah, what level is new RunnyEye?

I've heard it is great exp, on top of great blackened alloy stuff

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: