EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: It was a great 18 years.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 09-18-2007 05:49:22 PM
The family dog, Panuk, just passed away. He was 18 years old, and with me since I was 8. I still remember picking him up and taking him home when he was just a tiny puppy. He was with me all the time I grew up, and it's hard to imagine him not being around anymore. When I still lived at home he followed me or my parents around everywhere, when I was on the PC he loved to curl up nearby and nap while I played.

I wish I had a better photo of him, but this is all that's on my PC.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 09-18-2007 05:57:14 PM
Incoming heartless trash posts below this one.

It's much harder to lose a family pet who you've grown up with. I grew up with a labrador puppy and its mom (the mom treated me like her own puppy, very protective) so when the mom died then the (by then very old) pup I was heartbroken. It's like losing a family member. People can say "it's just a pet", but they can fuck off and die, it's not at all. Especially when it's a pack/family animal such as a dog.

My condolences.

nem-x
posted 09-18-2007 06:00:20 PM
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 09-18-2007 06:37:46 PM

it is very hard to lose a pet. im sorry.

i will now pet my dog a lot and sniffle.

Ares
posted 09-18-2007 09:50:46 PM
I was completely devasted when I lost my dog of 15 years yeas last year. (I was 6 when we got him.) And I agree completely with Mort. They are family members. I'm sorry for your loss.
Lheena
Pancake
posted 09-18-2007 11:38:10 PM
I'm sorry that you had to lose a pet. Mort's right, they are like family. Thoughts are with you, Khy. =/
Formerly Gikk~
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 09-19-2007 12:46:35 AM
But in a couple of months, you can play with him on gametap!

In all seriousness though, That sucks. I know how hard it is to lose a pet you've known forever and ever. I've had four of them die in my arms in one way or another.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: