EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Fox News bans anti-clinton ad
Maradon!
posted 10-17-2006 01:47:50 PM
The Berserker
Pancake
posted 10-17-2006 01:54:56 PM
quote:
A spokesman for Fox News told WND that the advertisement made a claim about Clinton that wasn't documented, so the ad wasn't accepted.

That makes perfect sense. If someone goes out of their way to prove the commercial wrong, CNN and Headline news could lose major face. And it could very well be that someone at Fox News might just have some journalistic integrity.

"Return of the Berserker"
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 10-17-2006 01:56:05 PM
Yeah, this totally makes up for a decade of incompetance!
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-17-2006 01:57:47 PM
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-17-2006 01:59:55 PM
Why does anyone give a fuck about President Clinton anymore? Or rather, why do they feel the need to counter him?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Blindy.
posted 10-17-2006 02:02:21 PM
quote:
I like it when Karnaj says:
Why does anyone give a fuck about President Clinton anymore? Or rather, why do they feel the need to counter him?

Because, 6 years after being out of the presidency, he'd probibly still have a higher job approval rating than Bush if they measured it today based off his actions in the last few weeks.

Maradon!
posted 10-17-2006 02:09:41 PM
quote:
Karnajing:

Because he went on the air and defended his administration from the "path to 9-11" with a nearly unbroken string of flat out lies?

And people were actually ignorant enough to say he was "pwning the conservatives"?

Maradon!
posted 10-17-2006 02:14:04 PM
quote:
x--Blindy.O-('-'Q) :
Yeah, this totally makes up for a decade of incompetance!

Haha, but clinton was only in office for eight years!

Blindy.
posted 10-17-2006 02:14:22 PM
quote:
Maradon! needs to learn to type:
Because he went on the air and defended his administration from the "path to 9-11" with a nearly unbroken string of flat out lies?

And people were actually ignorant enough to say he was "pwning the conservatives"?

Because "Path to 9-11" was a nearly unbroken string of flat out lies that presented itself as a documentary, and he didn't let the smear machine steam roll him. Which is exactly how he won the presidency in 92, kept the presidency in 96, and wasn't removed from office in 98.

Maradon!
posted 10-17-2006 02:16:24 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Blindy. who doth quote:
Because "Path to 9-11" was a nearly unbroken string of flat out lies that presented itself as a documentary

And you believe this without even understanding why or what the path to 9-11 was about. Do you even know who jamie gorelick was?

You are a blind fanatic

Blindy.
posted 10-17-2006 02:19:21 PM
quote:
Maradon! isn't in Kansas anymore:
You are a blind fanatic

COMEDY GOLD comming from you, my friend.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-17-2006 02:20:15 PM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Blindy. squealed:
Because "Path to 9-11" was a nearly unbroken string of flat out lies that presented itself as a documentary, and he didn't let the smear machine steam roll him. Which is exactly how he won the presidency in 92, kept the presidency in 96, and wasn't removed from office in 98.

So. . .your contention is that it was and is Clinton's honesty that people admire?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 10-17-2006 02:20:30 PM
quote:
Maradon! obviously shouldn't have said:

A politician lying? Say it isn't so!!!

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Blindy.
posted 10-17-2006 02:25:26 PM
quote:
If Bloodsage was a glacier, they'd be a fast one:
So. . .your contention is that it was and is Clinton's honesty that people admire?

My contention is that the people admire someone who stands up for himself while looking like the underdog, which is a trait that Cliton displayed on a regular occasion.

Didn't say jack about honesty.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-17-2006 02:25:39 PM
It all smacks of the old "Tu Quoque" attack.

"The Bush Administration hasn't captured or killed Osama? Well, Clinton didn't do it either! RAAAAMOOOONE! GET ME SIX DILDOES AND A NATIONAL ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN!"

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-17-2006 02:35:51 PM
quote:
Quoth Karnaj:
It all smacks of the old "Tu Quoque" attack.

"The Bush Administration hasn't captured or killed Osama? Well, Clinton didn't do it either! RAAAAMOOOONE! GET ME SIX DILDOES AND A NATIONAL ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN!"

Face it: you just like saying, "Tu Quoque."

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Blindy.
posted 10-17-2006 03:09:34 PM
Well, who wouldn't?!
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 10-17-2006 04:08:41 PM
Probably. Coming. Clinton.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Talonus
Loner
posted 10-17-2006 04:42:50 PM
quote:
Maradon! thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
And you believe this without even understanding why or what the path to 9-11 was about. Do you even know who jamie gorelick was?

You are a blind fanatic

The Path to 9/11 was a docu-drama, and "For dramatic and narrative purposes, the movie contains fictionalised scenes, composite and representative characters and dialogue, as well as time compression."

Clinton felt the need to speak about the issues with the film, just as many felt Republican elected officials felt the need to speak out against Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11. Both films contained many inaccuracies that only fanatics of one party would entirely believe.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-17-2006 05:26:49 PM
quote:
Densetsu wrote this stupid crap:
Probably. Coming. Clinton.

Let's keep it clean, dude.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-17-2006 05:39:03 PM
quote:
Bloodsage Model 2000 was programmed to say:

I admire his womanizing skillz.

If not his taste in women.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 10-17-2006 08:16:30 PM
quote:
Bloodsage painfully thought these words up:

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but the one thing I admired about Clinton was the fact that despite being President for eight years, which should've entitled him to score some top-draw trim, all the women he's accused of banging constitute one long, unending hogcall.

Or else the guy seriously needs to check the prescription on his beer goggles.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 10-17-2006 10:16:29 PM
NEWS FLASH

The media is in the business of selling commercial time/newspapers. 90% of the idyllic "crusading journalist" bullshit is nothing but a way to sell more stuff.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: