EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: being sleepy.. it sucks!
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 03-11-2005 04:42:13 PM
My cat Loki has decided that when I go to sleep she is supposed to "massage" me all over my body. Head to toe. Oh, and apparantly I am very dirty while I sleep because I get bathed too.

She keeps me in a sort of half-sleep all night, trying to fend off her "love".

Finally I couldn't take anymore today and woke up at 4:30 AM and just got up.

So all day today I have felt sort of groggy and out of place.

The real kicker is when I put vanilla yogurt on my nachos instead of sour cream.

This is a weird and not entirely pleasant flavor mixture.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-11-2005 04:43:50 PM
She just loves you a lot, Nae! ^.^

<snuggles Loki>

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 03-11-2005 04:44:54 PM
Hellooooo...name your cat after the god of mischief...
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 03-11-2005 04:47:09 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael was all like:
Hellooooo...name your cat after the god of mischief...

The name fit! She is totally hysterical. I wish I had a way to record her chirruping, you all would crack up if you heard the way she "talks".

She is like one of those frisky kittens you see on tv, she zoomzoomzooms all through the house, one end to the toher, all while she make sounds like some exotic bird.

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 03-11-2005 04:54:22 PM
Critter will "spread the love" at odd times of the night too. We have a kitty kennel that he gets popped into when he gets overly affectionate or is being an absolute bastard because HE thinks it's time to be fed. If we kick him off the bed the bastard goes to our daughters door and yeowls outside thier door to try and wake them up so they'll feed him. That gets him put in "kitty jail" too, then we feed him when we see fit.

You need better sleep than that Nae, I'd recommend considering such a thing for Loki. Food mistakes are one thing... the last thing you need is seizures because of lack of sleep. Also, if there were ever a fire, it's easy to grab a carrier or two on the way out of the house instead of hoping the fire dept finds your pets before the unthinkable happens...

http://www.bloodfin.net
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 03-11-2005 04:58:20 PM
My cat is nearly thirty pounds. He wanted to spend last night sleeping on my spine. My back would be friggin' killing me if I didn't get him off me.

My dog tried to do the same a few weeks ago, and she weighs a lot more than the cat.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 03-11-2005 05:00:42 PM
quote:
From the book of Ruvyen, chapter 3, verse 16:
My cat is nearly thirty pounds. He wanted to spend last night sleeping on my spine. My back would be friggin' killing me if I didn't get him off me.

My dog tried to do the same a few weeks ago, and she weighs a lot more than the cat.

*chuckles* Would rather it's my dog than Critter.

Yoda (my Chihuahua) is only 8 lbs

Critter (kitty!!) is 16 1/2 lbs.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 03-11-2005 05:02:21 PM
I actually have had her sleeping in the kennel. We don't have Woody and Loki fixed yet so we have to keep them seperated from each other. We were waiting for UBT's new job to start paying him so we could take care of that. So, next week they are both getting fixed.

I just felt bad that she was in the kennel at night while Woody got free roam of the house. She didn't really mind the kennel, but I felt bad for her.

So right now we have been having Woody in Josh's room, with his door open so he can wander if he wants, and Loki was in with me.

She just thinks she has to take care of me or something. I will wake up like every 15 monutes to her bathing my hands or face, or her walking on me and doing that kneading thing they do. Thank goodness she is super tiny!

I hope that she will get over the "newness" of sleeping with me, and will learn to just sleep on the bed or the cat tree. I figure that when they both get to sleep with me, they will keep each other company more.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 03-11-2005 05:02:21 PM
quote:
Mix Ruvyen with water, and you get:
My cat is nearly thirty pounds.

Yeah, I've got two of those.

but hahhahaha! I don't live at home anymore! I only have to deal with sleeplessness every 2nd weekend!

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Venefica
Deadly in battle,
even deadlier in bed
posted 03-11-2005 05:07:11 PM
*pouts* I want a kitty!!
Destroyer of Mystiana
Ares
posted 03-11-2005 05:08:46 PM
My cat does that, and he's thirty pounds..

A good kick in the ass usually sends him to the bottom of my bed to sleep. (note, not and actually kick in the ass, a shove)

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 03-11-2005 05:15:25 PM
That was going to be my next question Nae. Some females are horribly maternal and sometimes don't get over it even after being fixed. They say sometimes letting those cats have a single litter and then getting them fixed curbs it. My wife had a cat that was like that and wasn't allowed a litter before being fixed. Her cat Tonya HATED me. She ADORED babies. And when Sabrina was an infant she got really sick one night. Tonya woke ME up and then tried to drag my wife into Sabrina's bedroom. Seems Sabrina had RSV so she got to spend a few days in the hospital. You could almost see Tonya breathe a sigh of relief when we left for the ER.

Tonya was also a neat freak and she'd look at Yoda and sigh. She'd get up and approach the young Yoda and pin her down and Tonya would then proceed to bathe her. Yoda was bitten on the ear if she tried to resist at all. The poor dog still has issues with cats. Critter picks on her horribly...

Tonya supervised every diaper change and every bath that Sabrina got. When our friends came over with thier baby she was beside herself with glee and wasn't sure where she should begin.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 03-11-2005 05:25:30 PM
That describes Loki quite a bit. The first thing she does when she sees her brother, is to run right up to him and start bathing his face. After we take showers, she wraps her paws around our legs and starts to bathe us. If we move, she digs her claws in as if to tell us to stay still.

She used to try to bathe the dog too.

I think she is feeling sort of sad right now because we had to get rid of the dog and our other two cats. She keeps looking for them, and crying. I keep loving her up, but I think she is afraid I am going to leave her too.

She doesn't like to be alone.

"and" not "nad" geesh!

Nae fucked around with this message on 03-11-2005 at 05:26 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: