EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Surveys for school
Uyulala
Pancake
posted 09-14-2004 03:03:47 PM
In my US History class we are doing a project, one of the parts of the assignment is to have surveys filled out. I need 9 more people to fill out this survey. If you please help me I would be forever greatful. Please fill out the following questions within your post. Thank you so much.

Ethnic Background
Educational Background

Passage 1

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

1) Do you know where the passage comes from? Yes No

2)Where do you think the passage comes from? And who is the author?

3)Do you agree that all men are created equal? Yes No

4)Do you agree that Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are rights that cannot be taken away? Yes No

5)Briefly (20 words or less) explain if you believe that America upholds these "truths" of equality, life, etc.

Passage 2

"Men diriving their just power from constant of the governed that whenever any form of givernment becomes destructive of this and it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it."

1)Do you agree with this passage? Yes No

2)Do you know where this passage comes from Yes No

3)WHat was the purpose for writing this passage?

4)What does the passage represent?

5)What is the meaning of this passage?

Thanks again.

"I am only a song of lament,
The wind will blow me away.
But tell me now why you were sent.
What have you come to say?"
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 09-14-2004 03:31:57 PM
Passage 2 is extremely difficult to read. It should contain punctuation.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Uyulala
Pancake
posted 09-14-2004 03:56:31 PM
Sorry that was how it was given to me. I looked it up and here it is again.

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it."

"I am only a song of lament,
The wind will blow me away.
But tell me now why you were sent.
What have you come to say?"
Maradon!
posted 09-16-2004 02:36:13 PM
You can't really disagree with either of those without disagreeing with Democracy in whole.
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 09-16-2004 02:37:24 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about dark elf butts:
You can't really disagree with either of those without disagreeing with Democracy in whole.

Yeah, so let's get some of the Europeans and Canadians to answer.

lolololololololololololol

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: