EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Which test type do you prefer?
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-03-2004 11:10:47 AM
I was thinking about this just now. What test type do you prefer in school?

Me, I prefer Essay tests, because I dont have to sit there and memorize tons of potentially useless information. For a nessay test I can show a general understanding about a subject and if i dont remember a specific date but a time period or whatnot, I can go into that instead.

Its great.

can you please fix my title
posted 04-03-2004 11:16:07 AM
i prefer Oral exams
Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Steven Steve
posted 04-03-2004 11:18:20 AM
Math multiple choice

Didn't attend class? Just guess and get a B on the final.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 04-03-2004 11:24:39 AM
quote:
Somthor attempted to be funny by writing:
i prefer Oral exams

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Jargum
Doughnut
posted 04-03-2004 11:25:34 AM
Multiple choice. Gives you room for error and you don't have to remember names(Social Studies, American History, etc) exactly, just enough to know it from something that isn't right. Or in math, if you get close to the answer but aren't sure, just check the selectable answers!
Steven Steve
posted 04-03-2004 11:26:12 AM
quote:
Vallo had this to say about Pirotess:

He said oral! Ho ho ho! What a great innuendo!

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 04-03-2004 11:32:24 AM
Long Answer questions and Short answers. Multiple choice is great for subjects like History, and Geography, but it eats you alive on Math and Sciences and French (Especially Chem. My teacher liked to make each Chem multiple question the same length as a long answer. Our tests were usually 2 hours long or so)

So yeah, I prefer long answers. Especially when you have to draw diagrams. I love those.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 04-03-2004 11:33:09 AM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist had this to say about Knight Rider:

Hey smartass, can you find things Somthor's posted that made sense and didn't have an alternate meaning of some sort?

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Bloodrose
Pancake
posted 04-03-2004 11:37:36 AM
Multiple Choice tests.I tend to ramble too much
~That which yields, is not always weak~
Marflord
Pancake
posted 04-03-2004 11:38:24 AM
i would say essay, for pretty much the same reasons, plus I have bullshitting skills to the max.
~Smashing Pumpkins~

"Life is not like the songs sweetling, you may learn that one day to your sorrow." Petyr Baelish to Sansa Stark ~ From "A Song of Ice and Fire

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-03-2004 11:38:42 AM
quote:
Vallo attempted to be funny by writing:
Hey smartass, can you find things Somthor's posted that made sense and didn't have an alternate meaning of some sort?

Yes, almost everything he has posted.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Alaan
posted 04-03-2004 11:42:35 AM
I'm a multiple choice kind of guy. Doesn't matter if its a math or history test. I hate writing spur of the moment things, so that is why I don't like essays.
Noxhil
Pancake
posted 04-03-2004 11:48:50 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Me, I prefer Essay tests, because I dont have to sit there and memorize tons of potentially useless information. For an essay test I can show a general understanding about a subject and if i dont remember a specific date but a time period or whatnot, I can go into that instead.

I liked Essay Tests in perhaps middle school because, yes, you can bs them an do fine. In the IB essays are graded by a specific number of points. (ie You should have these 6 topics in it and you get points for how many you accurately describe)

Thus essays, instead of being a bser's dream, became a ****fest of simply memorizing topics and subtopic from reading lectures etc.

The most efficient type of test is 50% multiple choice (ie maybe 5 hard questsions worth 5 points total) and an essay worth another 5 points... not the most fun to take, but certainly they test ones knowledge.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-03-2004 11:50:59 AM
Blood tests.
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 04-03-2004 11:57:54 AM
quote:
Noxhil Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I liked Essay Tests in perhaps middle school because, yes, you can bs them an do fine. In the IB essays are graded by a specific number of points. (ie You should have these 6 topics in it and you get points for how many you accurately describe)

Thus essays, instead of being a bser's dream, became a ****fest of simply memorizing topics and subtopic from reading lectures etc.

The most efficient type of test is 50% multiple choice (ie maybe 5 hard questsions worth 5 points total) and an essay worth another 5 points... not the most fun to take, but certainly they test ones knowledge.

IB tests. I remember those.

Only one I did well on was French. I think I got a 6 on that.

Only real thing I learned in IB was how to BS and make the teachers love me.

Arttemis fucked around with this message on 04-03-2004 at 11:58 AM.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 04-03-2004 12:22:30 PM
You can memorize stuff on anything. We have to memorize a whole string of stuff in statistics to answer one "short answer". It's a whole procedure of how to treat the problem.

The kind I prefer would probably be short answer. Usually I remember so much about the subject that filling out a short answer is cake. Multiple choice are okay... if they don't get out of hand. By that I mean that long/many mc questions can bore me to where I can't even look at the test. I feel the need to get up and move around but I can't.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 04-03-2004 12:32:13 PM
Mutiple Choice for general concept type things and Long Answer for displaying knowledge about specific things..
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 04-03-2004 12:45:35 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Fazum'Zen Fastfist:

In your end-o!

And I like the essay test, as long as I know what the essay needs to be on. After that, it's multiple choice.

MorbId
Pancake
posted 04-03-2004 01:23:24 PM
I prefer essays. I can usually come up with a workable thesis, and writing's not stressful for me.

Multiple choice is boring and short answer keeps me from going in-depth on the subject.

Broadzilla
Pancake
posted 04-03-2004 01:27:06 PM
Multiple choice tests, except for math because math r0x0rz my b0x0rz (If I ever owned any).
"I like lesbians with a giddy delight. If I had my own pair, I'd jack off every night."
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me."
"There are easier things in life then finding a good guy like nailing Jell-0 to a tree."

[T E C H N O D R O M E] // [E R I N E Y ' S M I N D]

Peter
Pancake
posted 04-03-2004 01:49:19 PM
Multiple Choice tests.. Because I can finish them quickly and leave class early
Uyulala
Pancake
posted 04-03-2004 02:23:05 PM
If I know the topic well enough, I go for essay; I usually do well on those. But for math, definitely multiple guess.

Uyulala

"I am only a song of lament,
The wind will blow me away.
But tell me now why you were sent.
What have you come to say?"
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-03-2004 04:14:21 PM
Essay tests and short answer. Multiple choice has always been tricky in college; professors get clever, and they make all the choices a little TOO similar. Especially in math classes. Depending on what decimal space you round to you might get answer A or answer C...so which is it? Math professors tend to be anal like that. Pisses me off.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 04-03-2004 04:39:35 PM
What Deth saidf, although one wonders if he is actually capable of 'short' answer.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-03-2004 05:07:34 PM
Essay tests are the best, because no matter what the subject is, I can always bullshit my way to an A.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-03-2004 05:12:43 PM
History tests, because they're almost always easier than any other subject. In a more general sense, though, I'd say essays. For some reason multiple choice is not my strength.
Ares
posted 04-03-2004 07:38:31 PM
Multiple choice. I don't study, but I retain useless information, so when I see a bunch of answers, 9/10 I know which one is the correct one.
Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 04-03-2004 09:18:39 PM
fill in the blanks
(especially with a word bank )

yes, that is maradon spining around in a chair ^_ ____ _ ^
Steven Steve
posted 04-03-2004 09:41:10 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Essay tests are the best, because no matter what the subject is, I can always bullshit my way to an A.

You can't do that in intelligent classes though, because they grade you based on how much you bullshit. Instead, you have to bullshit how much you bullshit.

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 04-04-2004 12:47:44 AM
My fave kind of test? The easy kind.

Multiple choice, essay, long/short answer, whatever... So long as very little to no effort is required on my part, it's a good test.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 04-04-2004 12:56:23 AM
Essay tests rock. I am awesome at writing essays and any sort of document, with very few grammatical and barely any spelling errors. Not so good at it now, as I haven't studied grammar in awhile and I've slacked on some of the rules.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: