EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Video Game question: Do you remember playing Smash TV?
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 02-06-2004 04:29:34 AM
It's one of my all time favorites. Killing so many people for cash and prizes.. I don't remember how far I made it in the game, but it was a real blast.. except for Mutoid Man, who was pathetic...

I hope they do a remake for todays consoles. The controls would be better and I bet they could add a few good weapons and even a multiplayer mode (where players try to collect as many prizes while killing each a lot of robots, convicts, etc..... But if they do I'd like them to make Mutoid Man a little less pathetic..

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 02-06-2004 04:58:03 AM
That game owned.
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 02-06-2004 08:37:32 AM
There used to be (and maybe still are) Smash TV maps in WarCraft 3.

Oh, and what system is Smash TV for, anyway?

[ 02-06-2004: Message edited by: Fighter ]

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 02-06-2004 09:18:41 AM
Original Nintendo i think was the only one, that and the arcade.

I wouldnt mind seeing it remade, however... could you imagine the onscreen insanity with todays consoles? oooofah

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-06-2004 09:36:17 AM
I believe it was ported to the NES, SNES and Genesis.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 02-06-2004 09:40:06 AM
That was an awesome game, and yeah I distinctly remember playing it for the SNES. Not sure what other systems it was for.
'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 02-06-2004 09:47:26 AM
It was, indeed, ported to the NES, Genesis and SNES.

I have personally played it on all 3 systems.

I like the Genesis control scheme myself

I played that game for months on end as a child determined to beat it. Had to know that game inside and out, hehe. The 2nd level boss sucked, absolute quarter muncher, no matter how good you were, his attacks were unavoidable at points. I had to get to him without losing a single the life just to have enough once he was dead to make it through the rest of the game.

I beat it once, and only once. By the skin of my teeth too, hehe.

The final boss, the announcer, wasn't nearly as hard as I thought he would have been. But it was worth it

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-06-2004 09:48:47 AM
quote:
Vorago had this to say about dark elf butts:
The final boss, the announcer, wasn't nearly as hard as I thought he would have been. But it was worth it

He was pretty much just Mutoid Man.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Vorago
posted 02-06-2004 09:52:11 AM
quote:
El Imán Grande! had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
He was pretty much just Mutoid Man.

Yup

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-06-2004 09:59:38 AM
EAT MY EYEBALLS!

can you please fix my title
posted 02-06-2004 10:24:40 AM
forgot all about this game, yes I loved it who wouldnt have so 80's was 80's right?
Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Rabin Crabmink
YES
posted 02-06-2004 11:57:12 AM
I'd buy that for a dollar!

posted 02-06-2004 12:39:38 PM
I think that quote is actualy from Robocop.
Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Vorago
posted 02-06-2004 12:47:40 PM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about Captain Planet:
I think that quote is actualy from Robocop.

Either way, it was used in Smash TV

"Big money, big prizes, I love it!"

posted 02-06-2004 01:44:12 PM
was always too busy not dieing to enjoy those little prizes they gave out to the home audience while you were on a winning streak.

good times. rember gauntlet and rampage?

Maradon!
posted 02-06-2004 01:53:50 PM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about Pirotess:
rember gauntlet and rampage?

RAMPAGE!!!!!

Two player was bugged! As long as you both didn't die at the same time you had infinite lives!

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-06-2004 02:05:43 PM
I have the SNES version ROM if anyone would care for it.

posted 02-06-2004 02:09:27 PM
smash tv

no idea how to play that.

Cherveny
Papaya
posted 02-06-2004 04:27:02 PM
Used to play this game in the arcade.

Loved it.

Was on one of Gamespot's lists of games from the past recently. (can't rememebr if it was underrated games, or something else.)

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 02-06-2004 04:31:58 PM
quote:
Vorago had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Either way, it was used in Smash TV

"Big money, big prizes, I love it!"

Was that the game set up like Double Dragon for the NES, but you could smash shop windows, and grab it right out of the store?? Or am I not even remotely close? Been a while since I played that game.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Mightion Defensor
posted 02-06-2004 05:39:13 PM
I have this game for my SNES, still in the rack behind my door. It was the game that reaffirmed my faith in the SNES... No slowdown, EVER. Even in Turbo mode.

After playing that game, I can no longer believe that any game should be released if it has any kind of framerate problems.

EDIT: Oh, and how can you possibly think any other control scheme was better than the SNES'? Four buttons, arranged perfectly... eight way firing, at all times.

[ 02-06-2004: Message edited by: Mightion Defensor ]

Goma
Pancake
posted 02-06-2004 05:40:56 PM
I rented it for SNES years ago. From what I remember it sucked ass.

Perhaps I'll play it again now that I have "matured" or whatever.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-06-2004 07:59:12 PM
quote:
Lechium had this to say about Duck Tales:
Was that the game set up like Double Dragon for the NES, but you could smash shop windows, and grab it right out of the store?? Or am I not even remotely close? Been a while since I played that game.

Actually it was more like a Gauntlet game. Overhead view. The rooms were all square with tons of enemies and stuff to blow up. You were on a Violent TV Game Show in the Future and had to survive till the end to win. Kinda like Running Man.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Vorago
posted 02-06-2004 08:07:13 PM
quote:
Lechium impressed everyone with:

You are thinking of River City Ransom I do believe

Vorago
posted 02-06-2004 08:09:50 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about Optimus Prime:
EDIT: Oh, and how can you possibly think any other control scheme was better than the SNES'? Four buttons, arranged perfectly... eight way firing, at all times.

I grew used to and became god at the Genesis scheme, fire foward, fire backwards, fire lock (fire in whatever direction you are facing as long as you hold it)

It worked well since most of the game was running your ass AWAY from everything

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-06-2004 09:28:31 PM
quote:
Vorago got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
You are thinking of River City Ransom I do believe

Wasn't that the game that EGM rated as one of the worst games of all time?

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 02-06-2004 09:31:37 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about Captain Planet:

DIE

[ 02-06-2004: Message edited by: Sakkra ]

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 02-06-2004 09:31:40 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about the Spice Girls:

I thought Shaq Fu had that title, could have been from some other source though.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-06-2004 09:32:26 PM
edit: nevermind. I confused it with another game.

Here's the list, though.

[ 02-06-2004: Message edited by: Kegwen ]

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 02-06-2004 10:25:21 PM
quote:
Vorago had this to say about (_|_):
It was, indeed, ported to the NES, Genesis and SNES.

I have personally played it on all 3 systems.

I like the Genesis control scheme myself

I played that game for months on end as a child determined to beat it. Had to know that game inside and out, hehe. The 2nd level boss sucked, absolute quarter muncher, no matter how good you were, his attacks were unavoidable at points. I had to get to him without losing a single the life just to have enough once he was dead to make it through the rest of the game.

I beat it once, and only once. By the skin of my teeth too, hehe.

I had the Genesis version. It certainly owned.

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 02-06-2004 11:50:49 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Kegwen was all like:
edit: nevermind. I confused it with another game.

Here's the list, though.

I wouldn't trust anyone that says, "what is this faggot shit?"

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: