EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: worthless people
diadem
eet bugz
posted 09-24-2003 08:25:27 AM
has anyone else noticed the large amount of worthless people that contribute nothing to society and drift through life becuase they were either handed something like a spoonfed cow or try to leach off others becuase they have no worth of their own while a small percentage of talented people do the majority of the work?

it's beginning to get to me. I see people around me with no real worth. from panhandelers on the street to people who cut corners at their jobs becuase they have no real pride and there simply aren't enough resources to go around. to kids who have no view of their future past tommorow becuase they simply don't care. i see my citys (hartford and waterbury) falling apart to the point that even the roads themselves are deteroiating. for fuck's sake our mayor was arrested for prostitution with a minor (8 and 10 years old). does anyone actully care about the greater good anymore, has the majority of society became a bunch of leaches, or is my view skued because of where i work and live?

even those who seem to have some sembalnce of integence use it to manipulate those weaker then them like a bunch of rabid wolves. i see very few people who guinely care about doing the right thing, or take pride in their work.

someone tell me that this isn't what is real human nature is like after i left the sheltered life of college.

[ 09-24-2003: Message edited by: diadem ]

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 09-24-2003 08:30:57 AM
Society has always been a bunch of leaches. Your youthful innocence might have shrouded that fact from you before, but it has always been there. I don't think much has changed other than the fact that the media is making sure we here more about it recently... because lord knows, coruption and sex and scandal sell.
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 09-24-2003 08:43:14 AM
quote:
So quoth Absolut Blindy:
Society has always been a bunch of leaches. Your youthful innocence might have shrouded that fact from you before, but it has always been there. I don't think much has changed other than the fact that the media is making sure we here more about it recently... because lord knows, coruption and sex and scandal sell.

the media hasn't changed. i am talking about what i am seeing with my own two eyes. you are still in school, so you have no real right to say what it's like after graduation. in college, in highschool, you have your own group of friends who stick by you. after graduation you keep those friends but those in the workplace and the street need to compete with you to survive so you can never truley trust them. and you can not have a friend who you do not truely trust. thinking about this though, I have had other jobs in the "real world" in nicer areas where this isn't the case, so I am guienly hoping that the ghetto is what is bringing out the worst in people.

the very fact you are talking about coruption and scandels "sell" instead of what you see every day when you leave the house shows that you really don't know what i'm talking about.

what's getting to me is seeing people who can bs their way into whatever yet have no real talent as they rely on the skills of the few to carry thier slack and that of those like them. the people who walk the streets and blame others for their failiors while the oppertunities are right in front of them yet they are so pathetic they don't take them. those who sucess is from stepping on other people, and the piles of bullshit all around me. the fact the color of my skin is a determent to my saftey if i walk in the wrong part of town.

but what this rant is mostly about how it seems that a very small percentage off people have any real talent while the rest of the world rides of them because they aren't capible of pretty much anything that requires intelgence, skill, or creativity. the idea that "everyone is good at something" isn't really true, and not only some people, but most people simply have no real skills at all.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 09-24-2003 10:48:48 AM
summary: the amount of worthless people out there sickens me.
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 09-24-2003 10:59:05 AM
quote:
diadem isn't in Kansas anymore:
the media hasn't changed. i am talking about what i am seeing with my own two eyes. you are still in school, so you have no real right to say what it's like after graduation. in college, in highschool, you have your own group of friends who stick by you.

If you consider 2 class a quarter with people I don't know and don't care about school.

I lived in Clifton for 2 years, which is one of the roughest parts of cincinnati next to over the rhine. Trust me, I know exactly what you are talking about.

the media comment was in reply to your statement about the news story on your mayor.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 09-24-2003 12:33:31 PM
Get it over it. There's nothing you can do, anyways.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 09-24-2003 01:01:50 PM
quote:
Black's fortune cookie read:
Get it over it. There's nothing you can do, anyways.

haven't you heard of a rant, beoch?

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 09-24-2003 01:13:28 PM
quote:
I've heard there was a secret chord, that diadem played, and it pleased the Lord:
haven't you heard of a rant, beoch?
Eat some die.

Distraction ->

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 09-24-2003 01:13:53 PM
I know how you feel, Dia. But they do that because they can get away with it. Nobody really cares to try to make it better anymore, so the leeches and the vultures move in and take over. It isn't like that everywhere, I don't think. It's fairly decent here on my side of Indianapolis, but there are some sides you wouldn't want to walk down the street even in bright daylight.

So long as there are people to be leeched from and picked apart, though, it'll keep happening. It *is* human nature, for some. Not saying it's good human nature, but for some they're just following their predatory traits I suppose.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

diadem
eet bugz
posted 09-24-2003 01:39:52 PM
quote:
Black had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Eat some die.

Distraction ->

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-24-2003 01:51:35 PM
No, nobody does care about making it better, anymore. They'd rather come and whine on messageboards.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 09-24-2003 01:56:34 PM
i was more talking about the people you could just kill and society wouldn't care or notice because there is no real point in their existing

Edit: Thanks to Black for reminding me that no matter how bad life seems, there are always tits

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-24-2003 01:57:20 PM
Sounds like you've found the solution, petey pab.
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 09-24-2003 02:01:09 PM
quote:
Take time with a wounded diadem, cause it likes to heal:
Thanks to Black for reminding me that no matter how bad life seems, there are always tits
I'm just a simple man helping others find their way.

Yeah.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 09-24-2003 09:57:20 PM
quote:
diadem wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
but what this rant is mostly about how it seems that a very small percentage off people have any real talent while the rest of the world rides of them because they aren't capible of pretty much anything that requires intelgence, skill, or creativity. the idea that "everyone is good at something" isn't really true, and not only some people, but most people simply have no real skills at all.

The world needs ditch diggers too, you know. And factory workers, and cleanup crews, and so on. Just because they don't have lots of intelegence, skill, or creativity doesn't mean that they're useless.

Of course, just because someone has intelegence, skill, or creativity doesn't mean that they won't slack off on their job. And some people do care to start with, but have it beaten out of them by having large amounts of work dumped on them because the other workers don't do a good job.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 09-24-2003 10:12:27 PM
And the "lower class" isn't nessesarily unintelligent. A portion of them just hit bad luck, or made poor choices in life. They're also integral pieces of society. Besides, imagine if you didn't have all of those "lower" people; who would take there place as the new low? You? Probably.
Nivat rawl
Pancake
posted 09-24-2003 10:53:31 PM
quote:
Warlord Darius Model 2000 was programmed to say:
And the "lower class" isn't nessesarily unintelligent. A portion of them just hit bad luck, or made poor choices in life. They're also integral pieces of society. Besides, imagine if you didn't have all of those "lower" people; who would take there place as the new low? You? Probably.

So True So true. To bad most of us dont understand this.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 09-25-2003 02:33:55 PM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
The world needs ditch diggers too, you know. And factory workers, and cleanup crews, and so on. Just because they don't have lots of intelegence, skill, or creativity doesn't mean that they're useless.

Of course, just because someone has intelegence, skill, or creativity doesn't mean that they won't slack off on their job. And some people do care to start with, but have it beaten out of them by having large amounts of work dumped on them because the other workers don't do a good job.

I don't really think dia means those sorts, Chibi. I wouldn't call them worthless. They're doing a job, earning a living, and contributing to society in some way.

I took it that he meant more those who don't work, or that do work but basically blow it all instead of handling responsibilities, etc.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: