EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Ecers' of Great Britian...
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 10-15-2003 10:13:39 PM
Has anyone ever seen a ghost animal that are supposed to haunt your land?
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-15-2003 10:16:44 PM
Great BritAIN.

.. and I have no idea what you're talking about.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 10-15-2003 10:21:58 PM
No DoR, the Hound of the Baskervilles will not hunt you down and eat you.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-15-2003 10:26:07 PM
quote:
Mortious's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Great BritAIN.

Will you lay some crazy British slang on us?

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-15-2003 10:27:45 PM
phantom beasts? Dunno...Mortious IS a suit of armor animated by an evil spirit.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-15-2003 10:28:40 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael Model 2000 was programmed to say:
phantom beasts? Dunno...Mortious IS a suit of armor animated by an evil spirit.

Yeah, but he isn't a furry. He just likes to masturbate to them.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 10-15-2003 11:39:40 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Captain Planet:
Great BritAIN.

Mebbe he means the Pack of the Wild Hunt...

Pity that's a Celtish (Irish) Myth..
(That's the the REPUBLIC of Ireland... not the Northern part which has been cruelly invaded by those theiving English...)

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 10-16-2003 12:46:50 AM
I've heard a ton of storys of people all over england, scotland, and Iraland seeing phantom dogs, cats, panthers and tigers.
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-16-2003 01:16:20 AM
quote:
Death of Rats got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
I've heard a ton of storys of people all over england, scotland, and Iraland seeing phantom dogs, cats, panthers and tigers.

Imbecile. London shall be invaded by Godzilla.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-16-2003 03:02:48 AM
quote:
Death of Rats's fortune cookie read:

Given what the Irish and Scots drink, and in the quantities they imbibe in, are you surprised they see phantom dogs? In the USA we see pink elephants.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 10-16-2003 03:04:21 AM
quote:
Abbikat had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Mebbe he means the Pack of the Wild Hunt...

Pity that's a Celtish (Irish) Myth..
(That's the the REPUBLIC of Ireland... not the Northern part which has been cruelly invaded by those theiving English...)

a) The Whild Hunt is a Norse myth (Odin rides with them)

b) We took over the whole of Ireland and then let it go piecemeal in the last century. Not sure why we bothr with northern ireland still but there you go.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-16-2003 03:09:57 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Robocop:
Given what the Irish and Scots drink, and in the quantities they imbibe in, are you surprised they see phantom dogs? In the USA we see pink elephants.

Blasphemer!

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 10-16-2003 07:03:58 AM
On a completely unrelated note, female british accents own.
Crucible
Pancake
posted 10-16-2003 07:40:25 AM
quote:
Zaza had this to say about Duck Tales:
On a completely unrelated note, female british accents own.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 10-16-2003 08:34:13 AM
Mortious needs to spout some english crap like they did in that austin powers movie
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 10-16-2003 09:06:59 AM
quote:
Led had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Mortious needs to spout some english crap like they did in that austin powers movie

Only Londoners talk like that though, and i'm not entirely convinced they understand each other.

I thought I was pretty coherent until I had to slow down my talking on the phone to Vorbis, and I have to repeat myself in voice chats. Fun Fact. Both Niklas and Mortious make fun of my accent.

[ 10-16-2003: Message edited by: leckzilla! ]

Ryuujin
posted 10-16-2003 10:12:46 AM
Bollocks!
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 10-16-2003 10:34:08 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when leckzilla! wrote:
Only Londoners talk like that though, and i'm not entirely convinced they understand each other.

I thought I was pretty coherent until I had to slow down my talking on the phone to Vorbis, and I have to repeat myself in voice chats. Fun Fact. Both Niklas and Mortious make fun of my accent.

You think that's bad? I had Batty writhing with laughter over my accent when we talked on the phone.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 10-16-2003 10:53:05 AM
quote:
This is what Zaza is doing. This is what I want Zaza to do :
You think that's bad? I had Batty writhing with laughter over my accent when we talked on the phone.

Actually, that was me. Unless Batty did, too. I think the only word I could really make out was "Cheese" somewhere in there.

Niklas
posted 10-16-2003 11:39:04 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when leckzilla! said this:

Leckie's accent confuses me whenver I talk to her. It takes me a minute or two to adjust my thinking to what appears to be 'leckie zone'

I have a stupid accent, no worries.

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 10-16-2003 11:45:22 AM
quote:
Bajah painfully thought these words up:
Actually, that was me. Unless Batty did, too. I think the only word I could really make out was "Cheese" somewhere in there.

I think you both did.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-16-2003 01:24:30 PM
Awwwww, now I wanna hear this accent.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-16-2003 01:38:10 PM
I just wanted to point out that I have no accent at all. AT ALL.
Because of this I'm clearly suprer... superer... sprior better than all of you.

My english is horrible though.

[ 10-16-2003: Message edited by: Tarquinn ]

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 10-16-2003 02:05:11 PM
What was that one Irish hero's dog's name? The hero was like culcolhan (not the right spelling) and his dog was somehting like the Hound of Ulster? Is that right?
And remember I'm basing my sketcy knowledge on the animated show Gargoyles where bronx played the hound. So yea, was it the Hound of Ulster? And if so theres a ghost doggy I think...
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.
Niklas
posted 10-16-2003 04:17:52 PM
The Hound of Ulster but he had nothing to do with the Wild Hunt (edit: The Hound of Ulster = Cuchulain or at least I think that's how it's spelt)

He was the greatest champion on all Ireland though.

[ 10-16-2003: Message edited by: Niklas ]

leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 10-16-2003 06:21:16 PM
quote:
Niklas had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Leckie's accent confuses me whenver I talk to her. It takes me a minute or two to adjust my thinking to what appears to be 'leckie zone'

I have a stupid accent, no worries.

I know you do.

By the way i've got a rail card so i'll be doing a lot of travel to and from Kent in the next year or so. (I think it's Kent anyway, my friend is doing a degree at a university college in Sidcup) So expect a leckie invasion

Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 10-16-2003 06:45:41 PM
quote:
Niklas had this to say about Tron:
a) The Whild Hunt is a Norse myth (Odin rides with them)

'Tis Celtish too.

I know this for I have a book on Celtish Lore and it lists the Wild Hunt as a part.

Also, see here.

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 10-16-2003 08:11:11 PM
quote:
Abbikat Model 2000 was programmed to say:
'Tis Celtish too.

I know this for I have a book on Celtish Lore and it lists the Wild Hunt as a part.

Also, see here.

You have a book on lore, but you can't even spell the brand of lore right? It's Celtic, not Celtish. Look at that website you linked to, even.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-16-2003 08:32:44 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Lyinar Ka`Bael said:
You have a book on lore, but you can't even spell the brand of lore right? It's Celtic, not Celtish. Look at that website you linked to, even.

Woah...I don't think she did it to spite you, lass.

Niklas
posted 10-17-2003 10:18:42 AM
quote:
leckzilla! had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

By the way i've got a rail card so i'll be doing a lot of travel to and from Kent in the next year or so. (I think it's Kent anyway, my friend is doing a degree at a university college in Sidcup) So expect a leckie invasion

Oh god, make the pain stop!

nah, should be ok. I won't be in London for a while however. meh, whatever

And of course, how could I forget about Cernunnos! However, records of the Wild Hunt originate from Scandinavia and may have been carried to Ireland from Norse settlers or travelled from the Orkneys through the Scottish Celts. Doesn't really matter though, it's essentially the same Myth

I need to read more Celtic Mythology, hmm..

[edit: That's not to say that the myth of Cernunnos is not older but simply that he was only associated with the Wild Hunt a bit later on]

[ 10-17-2003: Message edited by: Niklas ]

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 10-17-2003 12:34:17 PM
Like this?
Niklas
posted 10-17-2003 12:36:58 PM
Well, I doubt we've seen any. Most such sightings are really small deer for example. They can make an incredibly evil sounding noise duing the night

I doubt very much that any of us Brit ECers believe in ghosts anyway.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 10-17-2003 08:31:31 PM
quote:
leckzilla!'s account was hax0red to write:

It took me a moment to get used to your accent. Then I think I was fine.

Oh, and I have no accent.

[ 10-17-2003: Message edited by: Vorbis ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: